[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Vince Staples? https://www.youtube.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

What does /mu/ think of Vince Staples?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l9kzS_B7gg
>>
2nd best rapper
>>
>>73902954
I like his flow a lot, especially in Norf Norf. One of my favorite rap songs these days. He's very good.
>>
his new album was trash but summertime 06 is pretty good

he's just a fucking idiot too full of himself to even try to rap properly anymore
>>
>>73902954
Love him but I get serious "I only make music because it's my job" vibes from the guy. I don't think he's ever going to release a truly amazing album even though I think he could, just because I don't think Vince ever sees the point in doing so.
>>
>>73902954
I like him. last album is underwhelming as fuk though
>>
I've only heard Big Fish Theory by him and I loved it, where do I go next?
>>
>>73903115
should def check out summertime 06
>>
>>73902954
Both albums were amazing imo, I don't know why you're all hating on Big Fish I think it's pretty good, probably one of the most instrumentally interesting hip-hop albums of the decade
>>
File: Hell Can Wait.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hell Can Wait.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>73903057
>>73903139
I think Hell Can Wait is his best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8fH9fV6Svw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNR7UHcdwUs
>>
File: mr kown.gif (1MB, 268x274px) Image search: [Google]
mr kown.gif
1MB, 268x274px
>>73903168
>Big Fish
>probably one of the most instrumentally interesting hip-hop albums of the decade
Beg pardon?
>>
>>73903254
I still stand by what I said, rec me some records that fit that description? No Atrocity Exhibition I've already heard that one
>>
>>73903221
>No 65 Hunnid
wut r u doing
>>
>>73903286
that also ofc
>>
>>73903275
Take Care is probably the most influential album of the decade from a production standpoint
>>
>>73903303
If we're talking influential it's definitely MBDTF
>>
>>73903319
MBDTF didn't break much new ground in its production. Literally most of hip hop, R&B, and pop revolve around the sound Drake had on Take Care
>>
THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
>>
>>73903439
SO WHAT I'M HIGH
>>
>>73903303
>instrumentally interesting = influential
Where did you get this connection?
>>
>>73903624
We don't usually realize that something is innovative i.e. musically interesting until we see it being imitated
>>
>>73902954
I think he deserves some credit because he's tried something out of his lane in his last two releases. Although I didn't like Prima Donna outside of Smile and Big Time, I've really enjoyed Big Fish Theory. Obviously there's tons of people bitching and begging him to go back to his style from Shyne Coldchain to Summertime, but there's few rappers willing to take the risk and do something wildly different and don't think enough people acknowledge that.

The first half Summertime 06 was great start to finish; second half drags a bit but there's still Surf and Hang N Bang. Stolen Youth is a pretty underrated mixtape. Him and Mac work really well together.

>>73903677
>innovative i.e. musically interesting
Might as well write most of the genre if the only interesting things have to be completely innovative. All the guy said was that it was interesting, no one had brought up innovation or influence.
>>
>>73903732
I have no problems with writing off the majority of the genre. I have no problems with writing off the majority music in general. Most art is born as imitation, not innovation.
>>
>>73902954
SPRITE
>>
Summertime '06 was amazing, but Big Fish Theory was boring as fuck. It felt like I was listening to a Disclosure album half the time with Vince tacked onto a couple of the songs.
>>
File: IMG_7258.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7258.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>73903112
>>73903107
>>73903057
Name 2 bad tracks from Big Fish Theory.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.