[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Film scores, epic music, trailer music, and video game OST appreciation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0995.png (295KB, 610x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0995.png
295KB, 610x383px
Film scores, epic music, trailer music, and video game OST appreciation thread.

For me, Red Vs Blue has an amazing soundtrack. Every season has its own theme th hat is unique.

Hans Zimmer is definitely my favorite composer. In my opinion he is just as good as John Williams. Hans has just as many movies if not more under his belt.

How about you?
>>
File: over the garden wallpaper.jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
over the garden wallpaper.jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55foQ5O2jXc
>>
>>73900404
Honestly, pretty much the entire OST for Interstellar is a masterpiece.

My personal favorite from vidya OST is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAVCkVclNR4
Damn near creamed my pants while fighting this boss, even though I got properly smacked.
>>
Hey bud, sorry but you gotta be over 18 to post here.
>>
>>73901111
I'm almost 16 and my mom said it was ok to post here.
>>
>>73901111
Hey, film scores have some of the best music out there from amazing composers. Older people like them too
>>
>>73901162
Yeah but listening to soundtracks regularly, especially from anime/video games is one of the biggest pleb flags that exists.
80% of the time its just someone who can't into music just listening to a thing because they liked the movie or game, and the music is largely irrelevant
20% of the time it's people just talking about zimmer or williams because other people say theyre good, and they can't yet make up their own mind about music.
>>
>>73901203
I mean, I can say that about whatever you listen to. I can assure I'm neither of those people. I'm actually going to school to become a composer.

I love film and video game music because of the emotion it invokes. Whether it be sadness, heroicness, anger... most of the time the music has no lyrics, and it truly takes a professional to lead an orchestra to invoke emotion in an audience.

I like composers because I aspire to be one. Hans Zimmer and John Williams aren't the only ones. James Horner, Howard Shore, Ennio Morricone, Alan Silvestri, James Newton Howard are some of the other amazing ones. These people truly have a gift for music.

Listening to soundtracks of video games and movies is no different than listening to a band you like over and over again. It's not a "pleb" move.
>>
>>73901307
>love film and video game music because of the emotion it invokes

today i learned music that isnt soundtracks cannot evoke emotion

wow this board is a great place
>>
>>73901336
I didn't say that. Maybe it came out wrong.

What I meant to say was that it's not an easy thing to invoke emotion into just instrumental sections. But film composers do it all the time, which make them masters of what they do.

I didn't mean that every other type of music can't evoke emotion. But the reason I like soundtracks is because of that reason.
>>
>>73901364

>which make them masters of what they do.

except the majority of film composers are just ripping off the classical composers who made masterpieces way earlier.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.