[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anybody else get annoying when musicians put political messages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1498372810573.gif (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1498372810573.gif
2MB, 720x404px
does anybody else get annoying when musicians put political messages in their songs?

like you aren't doing anything to help, you're just making a song about it
>>
>>73881933
no
>>
>>73881933
you're right music would improve if musicians avoided the topics which are important to them
>>
>>73881933
Without any examples of what annoys you, you're just being intentionally vague and genuinely retarded.

A huge portion of artists who put their politics in their songs, do actually do something about it for one and for another, that's like saying negro spirituals shouldn't exist because they're not doing anything about their slavery so they shouldn't be allowed to sing about it. If you can't sing about the things that make you feel hopeless, what can you sing about?

Kill yourself OP.
>>
It only seems annoying when its really blatant. Like Public Enemy or Anti-Flag or something. If you can wrap it up nicely its not so bothersome.
>>
>>73881933
Are you retarded?
>>
>>73882218
I GOT A LETTER FROM THE GOVERNMENT THE OTHER DAY, OPENED IT, READ IT, IT SAID THEY WERE SUCKERS

While I much prefer the cover by Tricky, I think it's a terrible example since at the time they were one of the only artists in the genre making lyrics and not just musical sounds with their mouth, so it was a breath of fresh air
>>
https://youtu.be/76wSk1j02_4

Welcome to a state where the politics of hate
Shout loud in the crowd "Watch them beat us all down"
There's a rising tide in the rivers of blood
But if the answer isn't violence, neither is your silence

If they come to ethnically cleanse me
Will you speak out? Will you defend me?
Freedom of expression doesn't make it alright
Trampled underfoot by the rise of the right
>>
>>73882218
If it's a regular part of the artist's lyrical themes then it's more tolerable to me since I understand it's part of their package.
What irks me is when an apolytical suddenly tries to insert their music and does it badly.
>>
>>73882563
excuse the awful grammar, It's still early
>>
It's not a big deal unless it's too blatant and heavy-handed and/or overly topical to the point it'll be meaningless in a year or two
>>
>>73881933
tom morello is an insanely talented guitarist.
i completely disagree with all of rage against the machine's politics.
they can still take my money anyday
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.