[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A video game is being released based around the world created

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: controllers.jpg (267KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
controllers.jpg
267KB, 1024x512px
A video game is being released based around the world created by your favourite album.

>Who develops it?
>What's the art style/graphics like?
>What's the story?
>What genre is it?
>What's the gameplay?
>Is it Japanese or Western?
>Is it on console, PC, or both?
>Is it good or shit?
>>
bump please I finally came up with an original thread idea guys
>>
The Astonishing
overhead perspective
Story of the album duh
Zelda, Mario, DnD, etc.
>>
>>73881418
Too much work OP!
But I'll still bump with a post.

>Madvillainy
>A 2D platformer with the same comic book look in All Caps music video
>Something in the vein of All Caps music video story
>platformer. I guess?
>Western
>Both
>Good shit
>>
File: AOM.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
AOM.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>Who develops it?
From Software's Dark Souls dev team or SCE/SIE Santa Monica Studio's God Of War dev team
Starts off looking like start fantasy affair, then progressively gets more occult/dark fantasy.
>What's the story?
Doom inspired set-up which requires the main character to destroy a set of altars that are causing corruption and madness to everything around them. The character itself feels aspects of said corruption/madness as well.
>What genre is it?
Dungeon crawling ARPG
>What's the gameplay?
Open ended dungeon crawling akin to Hexen which is still fast paced but the combat itself feels more weighty like Dark Souls 1 or Nioh. Custom death animations for enemies that are God Of War level brutal depending on where/how they died and what killed them.

Metal music is badass, so you can't die. BUT, instead you got a corruption meter that is like a health bar. It goes up every time you get hit by most enemies/traps and also by using some of the special magical powers you have since they are also derived from the same corrupt altars.

At the end of each "level" when you get to the altar you can choose to either destroy the altar increasing your corruption meter slightly or you can choose to take all its power in, permanently lowering your corruption meter in return for additional bonuses in stats/new abilities.

There's also a madness meter that functions akin to the sanity one in Eternal Darkness. Certain enemies/abilities, traps, rooms, and moments will trigger it to rise. The higher it goes the more prone the player is to illusions that fuck with the player. If filled it will make the player will use control of the player character and the PC will start acting unpredictably while also more prone to corruption.

Of course there are consumables to keep both meters down, though general ass kicking of bad guys helps as well.
Both
>Is it good or shit?
Dungeon crawler = meh reviews probably
>>
Also it's 2:46am est. Not many Americans up for this one.
>>
>>73881685
>>73881578

I would unironically play the shit out of both of these
>>
Bump for original idea but I don't play video-games so...
>>
File: ocean machine.jpg (101KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
ocean machine.jpg
101KB, 512x512px
>>73881418
>Who develops it?
idgaf, someone good
style is kind of like what people in the 90s envisioned the future would look like with all that bubbly car design and rounded rectangle type shit, but more aesthetically pleasing. game is in 3d but with a clearly stylized aesthetic

perhaps worth mentioning here is the music itself - all the album's songs are featured in the game during pivotal moments, and the rest of the score includes various filler/ambience (not literally filler but you know what i mean) in a similar style to the album
>What's the story?
in the future, duh. over the course of many years, earth's water level has slowly but significantly risen, and many former areas of civilization have been completely flooded. this forced humanity to adapt, and our future cities to be built on what little above-water land remains, with even some flying cities being created. however, the water still continues to rise, and it seems inevitable our society will be drowned. the chances of us being able to develop advanced enough technology to leave earth are practically nil.

however, after decades of research, we have managed to uncover artifacts that seem to point towards the existence of a mysterious underwater entity known as the Biomech, which may have all along been the cause for the water rising. throughout the main story, the player will work towards truly uncovering the truth about the Biomech, whether it really does exist, and if it does - perhaps meeting it, and ultimately finding a solution to the earth's crisis.

in addition to the main story, there are also various overarching subplots involving interactions with people that the character meets or already knows, and various factions with different ideas on how to handle the flood crisis and the Biomech myth as well as differing ideologies in various areas.

this post is getting too long since i'm going full fucking effortmode so i gotta split it in two
>>
>>73883362
>story cont.
ultimately, the game comes down to two main endings - both of which involving a face to face meeting with the Biomech itself.

the first ending - the "good" ending - is set to "Thing Beyond Things," and involves the player defeating the Biomech (not sure whether this would occur via combat or some other way). in doing this, they discover how to prevent the water from rising further and save humanity from being overwhelmed.

the other ending - the "bad" ending, which is actually the true/canon ending because ohoho twist - involves the player essentially joining with the Biomech, gaining vast, omnipotent knowledge that has never before been fathomed by a human, but in the process accelerating the rise of the water. "The Death of Music" plays over a lengthy and dramatic sequence in which every last bastion of humanity is flooded and floating cities are struck down with towering, massive waves until there is nothing left but the ocean
>What genre is it?
action-RPG i guess
>What's the gameplay?
a lot of exploration is involved - both above ground, wandering around the cities finding people to interact with, missions/quests and that kind of shit, no bullshit collectibles tho. and also underwater, where the player dives wearing some futuristic water suit type shit and discovers all sorts of lost artifacts and shit that add to the atmosphere and lead towards the whole Biomech shit i was talking about

there's some areas that involve dialogue and diplomacy type shit and other parts that involve combat, w/ a slight emphasis on the former

i suppose it's open-world (yeah yeah i know) but not fully interconnected - i.e. the player can travel between various cities around the world, as well as ocean areas where they can dive
>Is it Japanese or Western?
idc whatevers fuckin cool
both
>Is it good or shit?
i mean obviously i'd want it to be good
why would i think of a game based off my favorite album and have it be shit
>>
File: Capture.jpg (849KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
849KB, 1200x1200px
>>73881418
This could actually work.

>THQ Nordic.
>Cel shaded/ cartoony art style.
>Given that its a concept album it should be pretty obvious.
>Adventure/ 2D Platformer.
>Western.
>PC.
>Probably shit but will get good reviews anyway for having a "story that makes you think" or some bullshit like that.
>>
>>73883362
>>73883454
GOAT game for a GOAT album. Sounds lit.
I wouldn't have imagined something that awesome, for ocean machine I more imagined it being closer to the idea of Life is Strange, but in a different kind of way.
We are thrust into this person's life and we find out he is running away from home, but meetshis significant other and finds out they can't be together, he goes to Japan and kills himself, but upon dying he finds out he can relive his own memories and see what could have been.
>>
>3D platformer made by some tiny indie dev
>Colourful/cartoony art style
>Every level would be a month of the year and location based on the album
>Would attempt and fail to explore some concepts of nature and the place of humans in the world and have basically no interesting gameplay
>Would do well critically because it looks pretty and game journalists will rate anything that even attempts to have a message

7/10 would play once and forget forever
>>
>>73883535
Is this actually your favourite album? If so how do you rate their others?
>>
File: a2574521960_10.jpg (569KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a2574521960_10.jpg
569KB, 1200x1200px
>>73881418

I tried doing it myself. Unfortunately, "this album is the greatest shit" makes for a poor design document.
>>
Boris - Flood
Art style is hand drawn and cel-shaded in the vein of classic Japanese art, similar to the cover
Story is of a massive flood (hehe) that is on its way to your town and the effects on you and the people around you
Psychological, I guess
Point-and-click
Japanese
PC
It's great if you like point-and-click games
>>
Op here, gonna do one because you guys seem to be having fun

>dev
Team Ninja or Suda51 or someone else as long as they are batshit insane

>art style
Wacky and cartoonish, but stark and minimalist at the same time. Lots of striking imagery.

>story
Some anon gave me this idea while talking about this album last night:

You are on a boat, on an adventure to an island ruled by a kung fu master. A supporting cast of goofy characters and you make stops on the way of the adventure. While comedic, the whole thing overall has an air of mystique and plenty of thick atmosphere. You stop at islands along the way to the kung fu master island, discovering monsters, caves, and tribes of primitive people. Each stop has its own story arc, usually ending with a completely nonsensical twist or a nice heartfelt moment.

>genre
Action

>gameplay
tight, fun beat 'em up/hack and slash gameplay with over the top finishers, in the vein of a game like No More Heroes.

>japanese or western
probably japanese but doesnt really matter

>console pc or both
console first with a pc port

>good or shit
mostly good reviews but some mixed. I would like it though
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.