[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We attempt to have a discussion about Bjork without posting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: BjorkVespertine.jpg (38KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
BjorkVespertine.jpg
38KB, 316x316px
ITT: We attempt to have a discussion about Bjork without posting any pictures of her that aren't album covers.

What's your favorite Bjork album? I like Vespertine.
>>
G
R
I
M
E
S
>>
File: 4L_55HkzA5y.jpg (168KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
4L_55HkzA5y.jpg
168KB, 400x400px
might be basic entry level, but I like this one the best

Homogenic>Vespertine>Post>Debut>Vulnicura>Biophilia>Medula

also Dancer in the Dark is the best movie ever
>>
>>73875378

>had the udisfortune of starting with Vespertine

On the one hand, I'm in love with her and this masterpiece has become on of my favorite albums of all time.

On the other it's all downhill from here and so far everything from Debut to Homogenic sounds pretty underwhelming.

Should I even keep going with the rest of the discography?
>>
>>73875378
I always loved Bjork's first 2 albums. Such a shame she never did something like this again. Her music became less melodic and too arty for my taste. She needs to go back to that electronic pop with great beats.
Thankfully there's Grimes to fill that void.
>>
>>73876240
Yes
>>
I love whenever Björk goes out of her way to try and make her music uncomfortable. That's probably why Vespertine is my favourite. It's so sexual, while not being sexy at all. On Cocoon she really sounds on the verge of an orgasm. It really makes me uncomfortable but it draws me closer to it for whatever reason.

Vespertine > Homogenic = Vulnicura > Medúlla > Post = Debut > Biophilia > Volta
>>
post your favorite Björk song

I've Seen It All w/Thom Yorke
https://youtu.be/3V1Lov1U9mU
>>
>>73876330
Thankfully there's iamamiwhoami to fill that void.

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>73875378

My favourite is either Homogenic or Vespertine, can't choose.

>>73876330

Her new album is supposed to be happy and upbeat, so it might just be more up your alley

What's everyone's favourite b-side? Most of them are just as good as the album tracks, which is a rarity, mine's Charlene.
>>
>>73876915
>iamamiwhoami
I like them but tbch Grimes is much better. Her music has more soul too.
>>
>>73876240
Until Vulnicura, Vespertine was the only one with more than a couple tracks I liked. Try Vulnicura. Everything else is not very good IMO.
>>
File: 4L_DXLiG6Jl.png (62KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
4L_DXLiG6Jl.png
62KB, 300x300px
What's the best Sugarcubes album? pic related is my personal favorite
>>
>>73876431
I totally after with that ranking, but i prefer Volta to Biophilia. I like all Björk songs and Bio is the only álbum of her where i skip songs.
>>
>>73875378
I like Post and I feel crazy when people say Homogenic is better
>>
>>73875378
vespertine is probably my favourite björk release, vulnicura coming up second.

unpopular opinion but i also really liked biophilia, and i thought the death grips remixes were really good, even though they were literally just dg instrumentals with björk vocals slapped on top
>>
hot take: biophilia is her best record
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.