[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright, /mu/, I need some help so my girlfriend and I argue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: please_kill_me.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
please_kill_me.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
alright, /mu/, I need some help
so my girlfriend and I argue about the music we listen to all the time. she's into pretty much the same stuff she's liked since the beginning of high school five years ago, and I can't stand listening to it in the car (paramore, twenty one pilots, panic at the disco etc.). basically if she didn't have bowie on her playlist I'd never let her drive anywhere
at this point, I care about her to the point where I figure there must be at least SOMETHING to enjoy about the music she likes. I'm gonna bite the bullet and try to surprise her with tickets on our next date night, but I don't want to go to a concert and not have a clue what the band's singing
what albums and artists should I listen to in order to get a more complete idea of her preferred genres, and how do I lead her from what she likes to what I like (prog rock, house etc.)?
tl;dr OP is a fag and his gf is stuck in the scene phase, how do I make it bearable
>>
you might be a bigger pleb than your gf who isn't even trying
>>
>>73868522
>OP is a fag
I mean at least I wear it on my sleeve. I wouldn't even be willing to listen to this stuff if I was confident in my own taste
>>
>>73868469
>how do I lead her from what she likes to what I like
Impossible to do through some musical "bridge"; people with her musical taste don't judge on quality of music but on appeal by association. Once she respects you(r taste in music) enough she'll start to listen to your shit.
>>
Bring me the horizon man, their the most patrician band that scene kids listen to. Mainly the deathcore stuff but I dont think your gf will like that as much if shes more into 21 pilots kinda stuff. But she'll love their later albums
>>
File: purereddit.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
purereddit.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>73868469
>>
>>73868469
>twenty one pilots
>beginning of high school
it just don't add up OP
>>
>>73868469
Fuck you Paramore is great
>>
>>73868719
Their first album was from 2009
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 731x719px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 731x719px
>>73868469
>he lets his bitch choose the music
>not just playing Gucci Mane whenever she is in the car with you

Never gonna make it, enjoy the divorce
>>
>>73868469
I can see how these bands will never be your favourite, but I can't understand why you can't stand them. They're bland and generic, but hardly offensive, no? Just get over your sense of superiority and tolerate it.
>>
>>73868616
yeah I figured this was probably the case. sort of wish I'd known how important a first impression of musical taste is before I met her, oh well
>>73868659
will give them a shot, thanks
>>73868682
yeah I know
>>73868719
>>73868760
high school in general I guess. was pretty sure they got popular in 2015?
>>73868736
the only thing I know them from is the twilight movie soundtracks. doesn't exactly set a good precedent lmao
>>73868792
whoever's driving controls the radio between us. she's obsessive about it, it's the one thing she doesn't let me have my way with
you're not wrong tho
>>73868812
>get over your sense of superiority
may I remind you where we are lol
nah but seriously it's mostly the association of the music with people I didn't like in high school. most of my friends and I were into classic rock and metal
>>
>>73868872
Lemme know if you like BMTH man, can rec some other stuff if you dont like them, tell me which song/songs you tried too
>>
>>73868616
This. Don't be such a cunt. Explain why you like it. Our why an album is cool and significant to history. Still listen to her shit though. She won't respect your music or even give it a chance if you act like such a stuck up bitch. I go to DMB concerts with my girlfriend every year. I hate his music, but it makes her happy. Also don't just stand there with your arms crossed. At least pretend to enjoy it.
>>
>>73868912
>first album is polarizing
>second album moves away from controversial sound
do I skip count your blessings and start with suicide season or is context important with them
>>73868926
that's what I'm trying to do here lol
>>
>>73868967
Its hard for me to say as I adore Count Your Blessings, I'd say its worth a quick listen to the standout tracks like Pray For Plagues, Liquor and Love Lost and 15 fathoms counting (Count Your Blessings is their most technical album imo so as a prog fan you might dig it) but I think for a Paramore/21 pilots fan, Sempiternal and Thats the spirit would be their albums she'd like.
Worth checking out little bits of all their albums though I guess :)
>>
>>73868967
The only BMTH albums worth listening to are There is a Hell... and Sempiternal
>>
>>73868872
>may I remind you where we are lol
Never act superior irl
>>
>>73869024
will do, thanks
>>73869065
>>73869071
noted
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.