[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Bad Religion considered "fake punk" or "pop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Is Bad Religion considered "fake punk" or "pop punk" or "sellout punk?" Should I feel guilty about liking them?
>>
How Could Hell Be Any Worse and Suffer are some of the safest punk albums to say you like.
>>
>>73858751
I still haven't listened to their 2nd album. Is it good?
>>
File: 1408838236618.png (11KB, 411x387px) Image search: [Google]
1408838236618.png
11KB, 411x387px
>>73858775
But safe is bad for punks?
>>
Bad Religion is boring insipid garbage

just crushingly mediocre
>>
>>73858751
Oh god I grew up on this band, listened to almost nothing else in middle school. I'd say they're more "dad punk" or "mainstream punk" than any of those, the lyrics sound way too much like they're written by a PhD guy with too many thesauruses (which they are) but they can write good catchy songs, even now like almost 40 years into their career.
also >>73858775
is true, go to literally any punk show and there will be someone with a Bad Religion patch, probably not one of the cooler people or anyone super involved in the local scene though.
>>
>>73858751
It's melodic hardcore you gay retard. Suffer and Against the grain are solid albums. Not a huge fan of them, but they're not pleb-tier by any means.
>>
>>73858792
Punks that judge punks for their punk are poser punks.
>>
>>73858751
They have some good music. You can discuss the circumstances regarding the production of music, but it (nearly in all circumstances) shouldn't change how you feel about it. Like I said though, there are definitely some exceptions, morally and ethically, I suppose, but most of these are still more dependent on the music than whatever its circumstances. Besides, everyone has different taste, I'm not saying music is objective.

I still love some of The Offspring's albums. SMASH is still great, even though they're probably (?) certified sellouts.
>>
>>73858914
damn...
>>
>>73858935
The offspring has always been alternative punk and they never really changed.
>>
>>73858911
this, melodic hardcore is the word for what they do, definitely not pop-punk
they're entry-level for sure but they don't suck at the very least
>>
listen to nomeansno
>>
>>73858751
Back when they started they were "Hardcore" until that became a certain style/genre.

They are neither fake, pop, or sellouts, unless of course you count the fact that they now play all these major music festivals that costs hundreds of dollars to get in to.

IMHO you don't really need any Bad Religion after the third album, Back Into The Known.

>>73858790
A lot of people hate it. It's unlike any other Bad Religion album ever made.

Listen to it and decide for yourself.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.