[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Humans are incredibly intelligent beings, with an extremely wide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: topten.png (127KB, 566x830px) Image search: [Google]
topten.png
127KB, 566x830px
Humans are incredibly intelligent beings, with an extremely wide range of taste. So why is it that as a whole, a majority of people seem to enjoy music that appeals to the lowest common denominator?

Not hating on songs like Despacito that are genuinely good, but more like anything that DJ Khaled shits out.

Oh yeah also, how is it that a song in a foreign language has been the most popular song of all time for almost half a year now and has 2.5 billion views on YouTube. How did Despacito do it? How did Gangnam Style do it? Did the artists just get extremely lucky with an incredibly catchy song and they just happened to be foreign?
>>
>>73844869
>Most popular song of all time
>For half a year now

Wut
>>
>>73844900
You know what I meant senpai
>>
>how come the majority of people like music that appeals to the majority of people
No clue OP, sorry
>>
Because not everyone cares that much about music.
>>
File: 1499353607778.jpg (42KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1499353607778.jpg
42KB, 250x238px
>Humans are incredibly intelligent beings, with an extremely wide range of taste.
>>
>>73845776
Here's the thing though, pretty much everyone I know (~18 years old) listens to music all the time, and teenagers are the ones who listen to this kind of music the most.

You're not going to have 30 something year olds listening to DJ Khaled on repeat.

>>73845798
But we do?
>>
>>73845979
>pretty much everyone I know (~18 years old) listens to music all the time
they don't listen the way /mu/ listens, for them it's just background noise

they hear the music, they don't listen to it *tips fedora*
>>
>>73844869
>Not hating on songs like Despacito that are genuinely good

Do you realise you're a part of the lowest common denominator you're talking about? Also please kys.
>>
>>73845979
The fact that these songs are overwhelmingly popular and the majority of people's exposure and knowledge of artistic forms is probably about 1% of the total output proves most of us are pretty similar
>>
What are you talking about? Despacito is awful, both version at that.
>>
>>73846315
True, I forgot about that.

>>73846349
>>73846436
What's so awful about it? Are you just being contrarian on purpose?
>>
Whatever is easiest to digest will always be most popular due to ease of digestion.
>>
everyone should read this, really.

http://www.cracked.com/article_20065_5-ways-your-taste-in-music-scientifically-programmed.html
>>
>>73846451
But why is DJ Khaled's music easier to digest for most people when it's considered awful most of the time by others?
>>
File: cocaine-1466614289.jpg (120KB, 780x437px) Image search: [Google]
cocaine-1466614289.jpg
120KB, 780x437px
NOT EVERYBODY LIKES MUSIC, SOME PEOPLE JUST LISTEN TO IT
>>
>>73844869
>Humans are incredibly intelligent beings
>intelligent
stopped right here
>>
>>73846447
>What's so awful about it? Are you just being contrarian on purpose?
You're literally the one claiming that the majority of people enjoy music that appeals to the lowest common denominator, so that's pretty ironic coming from you
>>
>>73846559
I'm saying that Despacito is an exception, because it's a genuinely good song, and literally right under my criticism of music geared towards the lowest common denominator is a question asking how it is that Despacito, a song that has absolutely no English in it, has become so popular in the English world even before Bieber covered it.
>>
File: B6xhBEDCYAA-Jdu.jpg (72KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
B6xhBEDCYAA-Jdu.jpg
72KB, 1024x575px
>>73846599
>>
>>73846603
Nice retort.
>>
>>73844869
>Not hating on songs like Despacito that are genuinely good

It's just as crap as every other top 40 song, you probably only like it cause it's not in english and it gives you multicult cred or something
>>
File: Diddy-11.png (549KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Diddy-11.png
549KB, 800x600px
>>73846636
>>
>>73844869
Feels is the only tolerable song on this complete garbage chart
>>
File: stwywk.jpg (24KB, 479x455px) Image search: [Google]
stwywk.jpg
24KB, 479x455px
>>73847007
>>
1. People aren't as intelligent as you think we are. We only got out of caves a few thousand years ago.
2. People listen to music as background music, while on the train, going to work, fucking, etc. It's not a hobby for them like it is for us. Most people listen to "everything" which really means "pop and a little bit of the popular stuff from other genres".
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.