[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rec me some more New Wave/Post-Punk like this or The B-52's,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Are We Not Men.jpg (144KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Are We Not Men.jpg
144KB, 300x300px
Rec me some more New Wave/Post-Punk like this or The B-52's, XTC, etc. please
>>
>>73843496
THE THE
>>
>>73843496
Early The Fixx. Look up the song "Lost Planes" for an example. Or "Hazards In The Home". Wall of Voodoo's Dark Continent album is in the same vein, but a bit more morose. Also, the first two Comsat Angels albums (Sleep No More and Waiting for a Miracle).

The Sound's debt album "Jeopardy" has similar themes, but their next album is significantly darker.
>>
>>73843496
Tin Huey
Orthotics
Algebra Mothers
The Fibonaccis
Very early Tuxedomoon (EPs before their first album)
>>
>>73843602
Cleveland's PBS station did a documentary a while ago about the Akron music scene of the 1970's; it was interesting:

http://westernreservepublicmedia.org/vodshows/everythv.htm

It mostly focuses on the Numbers Band, the Rubber City Rebels, Devo, the Waitresses, the Pretenders, Tin Huey, etc.
>>
>>73843626
Sweet, I'll check it out.
Kinda weird how all this weird and cool music came out of hecking Ohio of all places.

Algebra Mothers were nearby in Michigan if you haven't heard them. Just one 7" to their name, but it's the perfect slice of annoying squonk music with a slight 60s psychedelic nod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWrI9x1y8fo
>>
>>73843496
Everyone praise Talk Talk for their later Post-Rock albums but I think their earlier New Wave albums were pretty great too.
Such a Shame might be one of my favorite songs ever

Obviously Tears for Fears are essential New Wave

Public Image Ltd made some of the best Post-Punk albums, and their sound turned more New Wave by their 4th album, you might want to check that out too
>>
>>73843663
Thanks; it's an interesting sound. It seems like there were a lot of bands popping up toward the end of the 70's that fit broadly into the "post-punk" genre in different areas. Ohio had a lot, from Pere Ubu, the Bizarros, the Styrenes, etc. Boston had Mission of Burma, The Neigbhorhoods, and others. Oregon had The Wipers. England had countless.
>>
File: R-851643-1304692960.jpeg.jpg (102KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-851643-1304692960.jpeg.jpg
102KB, 600x600px
>>73843496

If you Imagine a real Devo / B52 crossover Project you will get Martini Ranch - Holy Cow

Criminally Underated - Also with Bill Paxton in the mix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmxX62DAOLU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnxOY4soITM
>>
You might enjoy 77 and More Songs About Buildings and Food by Talking Heads
>>
Wire-Chairs Missing
Public Image Limited-First Edition
Compilation-No New York
First two Police albums
The Knack-Get The Knack
The Cars-First three albums
Any Cramps (Especially the stuff produced by Alex Chilton)
Lena Lovich
Early Souxie and The Banshees (Up to 1984)
>>
>>73843496
Oingo Boingo is a good listen too.

I really like Japanese New wave, definitely try out P-Model and Plastics as well.
>>
>>73845050

also danny elfmans solo album !

so-lo (its hard to find)
>>
Fegmania and Element of Light by Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians
>>
>>73843496
TAKE A LOOK AT THESE HANDS!
>>
>>73843496
Gang of Four - Entertainment
>>
>>73843496
Elvis Costello - My Aim is True and This Year's Model
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.