[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Radiohead's worst album. It is scattershot as hell, with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 6525226.jpg (981KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
6525226.jpg
981KB, 1000x1000px
Radiohead's worst album. It is scattershot as hell, with tons of filler, weak songs and just downright unfinished songs. It sounds like they were trying to please their fans more than make compelling songs.
>>
better than PH, end of discussion
>>
>>73842965
gonna have to agree with this

you might not ""enjoy"" it as much but it's well known that PH is the worst Radiohead album
>>
>>73842986
PH is catchy and breezy to listen to tho. HTTT is just tedious
>>
>>73842930
agreed anon
>>
>>73842930
sounds like you had a brain buzz. not all birds migrate.
>>
>>73842930
I actually like this album, not every track is good, sure, but there's a lot to like.
Albums like Kid A, OK Computer and In Rainbows completely destroy HTTT, but still a fun album
>>
good beginning, good ending. end of story.
>>
>>73842930
myxomatosis is fucking good and HTTT is not worse than Pablo Honey. It's better than the bends too
>>
>>73844120
This.

You just have to rearrenge the songs and leave the album to 10, 12 as much tracks.
>>
>>73842930
i think it's good but i wouldn't die defending it... or any album for that matter...

god bless, sending my well wishes from US
>>
>>73842930
It's a great album, but it was their first release that didn't really progress their sound, it just combined various elements from past albums to make great songs. Nothing wrong with that. IMO that's also what AMSP is for the most part.
>>
>>73844953
amsp pushes the envelope because they use orchestra and choir... and incorporates elements of break up for the first time since bends... thank you
>>
>>73844856
Take away I Will and Scatterbrain and it flows much better. I agree that an alternate track list would help but I'm too lazy to think of one right now.
>>
>>73844968
It definitely has more of a unique sound than HTTT. I don't think "break up" lyrics are anything special though. Also, they used orchestra and choir in the past as well. But stuff like Burn the Witch, Ful Stop and Present Tense are pretty unique for Radiohead I will admit

I think HTTT had some unique sounding stuff a well, like Backdrifts and The Gloaming but after Thom started releasing solo material it's pretty obvious in hindsight that those tracks are like precursors to his solo work.
>>
Still better than TKOL and AMSP
>>
>>73842930

I think it's their best personally and I actually like every song on it. I think the genre exploration on display is a bit scattershot but I find the mood to be consistently dreary and oppressive as all hell. Sail to the Moon is the closest thing to optimism towards anything good ever happening on the album. It's a nice album to just be miserable as fuck to, and as much of a downer as Radiohead's music usually is I think this one's the biggest downer of the lot.

>>73844953

Radiohead more or less stopped making stylistic advancements as a band after Amnesiac and have only really refined their approach ever since. That said, AMSP definitely displays their sharpest ear for composition to date, the pacing and progression on it is incredibly smooth compared to anything else they've done.
>>
>>73845247
>the they perfected their sound on AMSP and now they have literally nowhere to go

not that I'm complaining AMSP was everything I wanted and more
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.