[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY DID CHILLWAVE HAVE TO DIE I WANNA GO BACK TO 2009/2010 TAKE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: autistic shrieks.gif (1MB, 480x351px) Image search: [Google]
autistic shrieks.gif
1MB, 480x351px
WHY DID CHILLWAVE HAVE TO DIE I WANNA GO BACK TO 2009/2010 TAKE ME BACK TAKE ME BACK TAKE ME BACK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Man I feel the exact same everytime summer rolls around

the new washed out album was nice though
>>
someone post a good chillwave album i never listened to any back then
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYSrlygyhi4&t=593s

These things are kind of similar, but I never got on the chillwave train so I don't know if these are new songs.
>>
File: Causers_of_this.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Causers_of_this.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
>>73839879
This is my personal favorite but you can't go wrong with any output from the big 3: Toro y Moi, Washed Out, and Neon Indian

Here's some of my favorites from those 3

https://youtu.be/ZAmYj7kOnlg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXnxdDm6PYs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoN2IvLlK8w

>>73839905
this is just lo fi hip hop kinda different altho chillwave has a lot of hip hop infuence
>>
>>73839858
Yeah, I wish I could go back to '10 and fix everything wrong I did but life doesn't work like that.
>>
>>73839982
get out of my thread please
>>
>>73839999
I loved the hell out of chillwave. I always wondered why it died so fast. The new washed out is alright, but it didn't leave much of an impression on me.
>>
>>73840020
How did you feel about the new Toro y Moi

>>73839874
I liked it but it was far too short it felt like a sampler

I also heard its a visual album of sorts though, did either of you watch the accompanying element? Was it any good?
>>
>>73840039
No it was lame, few nice visuals but it had this dudeweed aesthetic.
>>
was chillwave a response to a) the economic crash of '08, as a sort of tool for tuning out reality and wordly problems, b) the historic election of barack obama ushering in a fresh brand of liberal optimism after the heady post-9/11 bush years or c) both?

is there a place for chillwave and its ilk/offshoots in this newly hyperpoliticized era?
>>
>>73839905
this is not similar holy fuck die
>>
>>73840135
I think liberal anger is gonna result in an angrier breed of music. A lot of Orchid Tapes stuff has turned really aggressive lately, and just in general I feel like I hear people talking about punk/protest music a lot nowadays, although in fairness I live in DC and Ian MacKaye has been making rounds more than usual lately (new album incoming)?
I've been really nostalgic lately but I know it's preventing me from making progress in life (going back and finishing schoo, finally getting my welding/SCUBA certs) because I'm stuck thinking about the past. On the plus side my social life is better than it's ever been. I actually talk to grills, unlike 2010.
>>
there'll be a new wave coming soon of chillis music coming up in a couple of years as the point of nostalgia shifts from the 80-90s to the 90s-aughts with a new wave of young musicians just hold on lads
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.