[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can a board like this that purports to be one full of true

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: The patrician choice.jpg (795KB, 1500x600px) Image search: [Google]
The patrician choice.jpg
795KB, 1500x600px
How can a board like this that purports to be one full of true music fans always talks about objectively inferior popular music that has so little analytical value thus so little for a user to engage with? Even when it comes to writers/comentators on music, it's always pop journalists like Christgau, Scaurffi, P4K, and Fantano. Never legitimate musicology articles that truly discover how music affects us and why. Sure, there's a /classical/ thread, but it's just a minority when it should be the majority and thus not a lot of discussion is even happening there it's just stupid memes like the rest of this board.
>>
>>73838094
Have to agree actually. Rock/hip hop/electronic music are fun to listen to sometimes but never really worth discussing or analyzing in any depth.

It's really sad how little discussion or even mention of classical and jazz there is on /mu/.
>>
>>73838094
Why are you picking on the guy? It's not his fault he just found a "patrician music" list on RYM: a lot of people do that and don't even post on /mu/.
>>
>>73838255
I was using that pic as an example of music that should be discussed on /mu/ though. And the pic kinda proves my point of the "not a lot of discussion and stupid memes" bit based on where its been posted as well.
>>
people like you are the reason we have anti-white reactionaries right now and why classical music is stagnating so much
>>
>>73838094
>reich
fuck off
>>
>>73838094
>shit bach record (not Hewitt, Schiff, NOT Walcha, etc.)
>shit mozart record (not Shifrin or Frost)
>shit Beethoven record (not Juilliard)
>shit Tchaik record (no good Tchaik)
>shit Webern record (LaSalle is better)
>shit Stravinsky record (Stravinsky was a terrible conductor)
>OK stockhausen record (his non-electronic works are better)
>OK Shostakovich record (his 13th-15th are better)
>shit Reich record (Drumming/Four Organs are better)
>shit Boulez record (Le Marteau is better)

wow OP you have all around shit taste

please leave
>>
>>73840061
>>73840092
Well, then, lets talk in detail what you guys don't like about each one, or what you guys think is fantastic then, right? Show the plebs how it's done?
>>
>>73838094
looking to get into classical and there are so many composers/recordings...is there a chart/entry level list to begin with?
>>
>>73840575
Bach's Well Tempered Clavier is a pretty entry level set of compositions for Piano (well, originally for clavichord or harpsichord, but it works for any chordophone really). Glenn Gould has a satisfactory performance of it.
>>
>>73838094
I didn't read this post, but this pic is quite literally just numale shit. So I'm not inclined to read it.
>>
>>73840699
Literally what? The people that make the music that makes other music look nu male say that classical is better than their stuff. It's why Morbid Angel dedicated Blessed are The Sick to Mozart or Varg keeps saying how metal isn't even the best shit, classical music is.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.