[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been playing guitar for around a week now. Seems to be going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: adamlanza.jpg (49KB, 500x551px) Image search: [Google]
adamlanza.jpg
49KB, 500x551px
Been playing guitar for around a week now. Seems to be going well.

However, I'm having a lot of trouble changing notes vocally while singing. What can I do to improve on this? Anything?

Here's a clip.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s19fXMvCAvSj
>>
File: lmao.jpg (126KB, 460x1357px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
126KB, 460x1357px
bump.
>>
>>73837056
I like this, and I like your voice, but there are parts where you're going out of key. Some of them kind of work and add some character to your singing (in like a quaint, indie kind of way), but some of them don't.

Generally with simpler songs like this, the notes being sung will be in the chord you are playing, or they'll sound good with it. If you're having trouble with a part, you can keep playing that chord and sing the part slower until you feel like you're landing on the right note. Practice and repeat.

I noticed you had trouble with some of the higher notes. They can be more difficult, because in this song it seems like there are bigger jumps up to those notes. If you identify the right notes and keep practicing those parts, it will start to get easier and more natural.

Sometimes the note you need won't be in the chord, but it will be in the scale. If you learn the major scale in the key of the song you can use it as a tool to verify you are singing a note that makes sense.

You can also sing do-re-mi... to find those notes if you haven't figured out the major scale on guitar yet.

In general, you can also just strum some chords from a song you like and try to sing notes that sound good. You'll be internalizing the skill of singing in key. A fun exercise can also be to find a not that sounds good on one chord and continue to hold it over other chords. If it sounds good, keep going. If it sounds bad, try to find a new note that works with that new chord.

With practicing a particular song in general, as you practice the chord changes and don't have to think about them as much, you'll find you can give more focus to your singing.
>>
>>73837686
Do you know any good Youtube videos or anything?
>>
Get that fake news out of here.
>>
>>73838164
Check out Aimee Nolte (sp?). She does some more advanced stuff, but also has a lot of beginner videos and explains basic stuff about singing and harmonizing really well.

She mostly deals with piano and vocals, but it could apply to anyone.

Come to think about it, the one thing I said about singing the same note while changing chords was probably directly drawn from one of her videos about harmonizing: https://youtu.be/pOzl6hiUiKw
>>
You're singing in your nasal cavity a lot. That's not necessarily bad, but you should be aware of it. It makes it harder to project loudly, and it makes it harder to control your pitch. Typically, you'd want to sing from your diaphragm (air comes out of your belly). But if you like the tone of voice you get from your nose instead of your stomach, go for it. More power to you.

Also, don't be afraid to sing louder and higher. I have A bad habit of singing an octive lower when I'm nervous about a song, but I usually sounds much better if I don't.

Find the note you want to sing (usually the root note of the chord you're playing) and sing that note if you feel you're all over the place and need to recenter yourself.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.