[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to be start a band with people who like similar to music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

I want to be start a band with people who like similar to music to me, but the chances are very low, of finding people with similar tastes to me, that is. Is it okay to start a band but essentially just tell people what to play etc, a sort of band leader kind of thing.

Where I am (university town), there's a lot of people wanting to start bands, but usually sort of indie kind of stuff, so the people are there, for sure.
>>
>>73836952
What genre?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170703-134540.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170703-134540.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>
>>73836952
Why not just lead a band? You don't even have to name it anything fancy, just "The Spike Bin Laden Band".
>>
realistically you gotta find submissive pussies or be a totally domineering dick.
>>
>>73836952
If you're in a uni city just go to the uni and put up posters detailing the genre
>>
i hear you op. i'm in a band with some pop punk/indie rock tier writing skills and me and the the drummer play pretty much exactly what he wants
>>
>>73836952
who ever put that sand niggers face on spikes head should be hung
>>
>>73837713
*hanged
>>
>>73836967
Noise rock, post-punk, whatever Boredoms are, Butthole Surfers, Captain Beefheart, Devo shit, Ween, the Fall, Pavement. That sort of high octane, high energectic music (not for all of the groups I said, though) Most people here like British landfill indie music. Pretty conventional in comparisson (although i'm not calling anyone plebs or anything)

>>73837286
I'm getting close to this, doing a sort of Mark E Smith thing. I'm not as pyschopathic as Beefheart though.
>>
>>73837881
You shouldn't have a problem just put up posters on the school bulletin boards
>>
>>73837881
Where are you?
>>
>>73837944
UK, Sheffield

>>73837935
Yeah you'd think but people have really shit taste here. Will go around anyway, might join the rock society or something, try to steal some band members
>>
>>73838001
>Sheffield
I'm from around there and your not going to find anyone with good taste wanting to make music in Sheffield
>>
>>73837881
You really can't find anyone at a university that listens to stuff like that? Those bands are all massively popular. You're just too anti-social to actually meet anyone.
>>
>>73838061
see >>73838026

In America maybe, or London or Manchester, or even Leeds, but this city seriously sucks for music. I could find a few people who liked some of those artists, but i've never met anyone in the U.K. who know Ween, or Butthole Surfers.
>>
>>73838001
Unis are big dude. I bet you'll find some. If not try Craigslist
>>
>>73837881
I want to start a religiously Calvinist, politically conservative minarchist prog-punk band. You're better off than me, OP.
>>
>>73838252
I'll have a look, yeah, idk if it's used as much here though

>>73838322
Track recorder maybe? I'd have no issue recording everything myself, it's just for me, I really wanna play live and what not
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.