[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think within 10 years Death Grips will be the Tool of their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

I think within 10 years Death Grips will be the Tool of their generation. While praised now, in the future I feel like they will be looked upon as some edgy, pretentious pseudo-intellectual group that went out of style when everyone got over being goth.
>>
>death grips
>somehow equated with goth

opinion void, pls delete thread
>>
>edgy, pretentious, pseudo-intellectual
Use words with actual weight to them next time.
>>
>>73830609
>praised now
Ok anon, whatever you say
>>
That's already happened. The only people who take DG seriously are teenagers who just discovered /mu/. Everyone who liked them when TMS and NLDW came out in 2012 is embarrassed by them now.
>>
It's already sorta happening. I would put them closer to nu metal like Korn or Slipknot than Tool in that regard.
>>
They remind me more of bands like Radiohead, Swans, Animal Collective. Those kinds of bands
>>
Read this
>>73830609
And write this
>>73830621
Are you retarded?
>>
well you don't seem to like them but you still manage to think about what they will be seen as in the future and their overall image. This alone kind of proves their importance among fans and dissenters
>>
>>73830645
By "everyone" anon meant himself, and suddenly this post makes sense.
>>
>>73830645
more like everyone who liked them because of fandango is embarassed by them now, just like they will be embarassed of xxxtentacles or lil pump in like two years
>>
>>73830621
Yes. They rock this ridiculously trashy looking cyberpunk goth aesthetic within their presentation that will become dated very quickly.
>>
>>73830694
Different anono but have you ever met any actual goths? They all listen to metal or insane clown posse. Not death grips.
>>
>>73830737
Same thing xD
>>
Meh. I see them as being like the next Nine Inch Nails.
>>
>>73830609
>>73830645
>>73830734
NLDW and perhaps TMS may become dated fast, but TPTB and ExMil will be classics.
>>
>>73830737
He wasn't saying death grips is goth. He is saying it will age badly like goth
>>
>>73830850
they're way closer to NIN than any nu-metal.
>>
>>73830645
Really, what's the problem with them? All the arguments revolve about the fanbase
You are just butthurt about their fanbase, not the bad, you really love them
and yes i fell for the bait
this place is shit
>>
BLUBBLUBBLUBLUBBLUBBLUBBLUBBLUBBLUBBLUB
>>
>>73830609
>edgy, pretentious pseudo-intellectual group
>>73830645
>The only people who take DG seriously are teenagers who just discovered /mu/
>>73830734
>ridiculously trashy looking cyberpunk goth aesthetic

Every time I see people speaking negatively about Death Grips, it's always in reference to their fanbase or image. Those are such shallow things to critique. Why does nobody have anything to say about the music?
>>
>>73831558
Don't expect serious replies
>>
>>73831107
>>73831094
>>73831558
This
>>
>>73830645
Wow.

Very accurate.
>>
>>73830609
>I think within 10 years Death Grips will be the Tool of their generation

They're not remotely comparable. That's like comparing Butthole Surfers or Big Black to Radiohead
>>
File: lole.jpg (14KB, 249x225px) Image search: [Google]
lole.jpg
14KB, 249x225px
>>73831558
it sucks
>>
I just don't understand how much hate this band gets because people simply don't enjoy them. It's completely normal to not like a band or style of music, but it seems unreasonable to write something off as psuedo-intellectual and pretentious, especially when people just meme it and hardly try to analyze the music. And yes, death grips is isn't intellectual in the slightest, but I really do think that is the point. They really do things for art, and really the noise and intensity in terms of the music. I'd say it's similar to what artists like Pharoah Sanders, Sun Ra, early Penderecki, Stravinsky, Danny Brown, and even what a lot of the underground punk and noise bands do. It's music more concerned with the timbre and atmosphere than the actual structure or lyrical content. With that being said, Death Grips mostly use pop song structures and ideas to express themselves and create sound. So rambling aside, I'm basically trying get across that Death Grips is not intelligent music and shouldn't be viewed as such, but still it's well composed music.
>>
I think people just write this band off because all of the attention that they got, and the memes that came from it. I rarely see people who do have negative opinions go in depth about the music.
>>
every single post tells me that /mu/ is filled with pretentious fools that don't know that music is magic and that death grips is literally trinity-christ-dragon expansion to save this developing reality
>>
can anyone tell me what their best release is and why it's NLDW?
>>
>>73833741
This, Death Grips are the hottest act in the game right now and have yet to be dethroned. Haters can't refute this
>>
>>73834063
If there is anyone dethroning Death Grips, they probably are playing the game to be on top, regarding potential money shit and death talking and aren't a public thing.
>>
>>73830609
But anon, it's already been 10 years since DG were praised.
>>
you're probably right
>>
>>73830711
Everyone who have listened to them for 5 years
>>
>>73831558
How are the first and second points not critiques directed at the band? They are edgy, and arguably psuedo-intellectual, and very much persue a cyberpunk goth aesthetic. It's ok if you like it, but a ton of people find those elements of DG cringe inducing, myself included. Exmilitary is still there best project and the only people who think otherwise think DG are actually ground breaking and important. I guess we will see who is closer to the truth in a few years when the hype could potentially die out.
>>
>praised now

C'mon, man. They're not as big as Tool and they probably never will be. And it's not like Tool is the most famous band in existence but basically everyone that gives a shit about music has heard of them.
Death Grips has a following, but they're in no way famous
>>
>>73835754
>implying some of the most influential artists in music today haven't given them a shoutout

Trent Reznor, Bjork, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, the list goes on...
>>
>>73832155
So comparing shit to even worse shit?
>>
>>73836241
oh no he listed bands i dont like i must call them shit reeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>73830692
This.
>>
>>73831107
>All the arguments revolve about the fanbase
not really
the music itself is just edgy garbage for underages praised as something avant-garde and groundbreaking while they actually just ripped-off a couple of other industrial hip-hop and grime projects trying to make a nu-metal band for people who grew up listening to skrillex
>>
>>73836285
>death grips
>nu-metal

bad meem
>>
>>73836285
>>All the arguments revolve about the fanbase
>No, the music itself is just [for underages]
Oh, no! You're retarded!
>>
File: so clever.jpg (102KB, 533x691px) Image search: [Google]
so clever.jpg
102KB, 533x691px
>>73836285
>le screaming hobo
>>
>>73836332
>a deathgripsfag has reading issues
not surprising tbqh
>>
>>73836344
>>>All the arguments
see >>73836363
>>
>>73836345
also see >>73836363
>>
File: IMG_2631.jpg (20KB, 250x261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2631.jpg
20KB, 250x261px
>>73836363
>it's the lowercaseposting loser who posts in every DG thread about how much they suck and thinks no one can identify him
Are you a troll, or just mentally ill?
>>
DEATH GRIPS ARE FUCKING AWESOME
>>
File: 1497235609880.jpg (12KB, 299x300px) Image search: [Google]
1497235609880.jpg
12KB, 299x300px
>>73836539
>there's only one person on the whole website who posts lowercase and dislikes meme bands
>calling me loser, troll, mentally ill
>>
>>73830609
Wrong.
That's how Xxxtentacion will be remembered
>>
>>73836780
>>there's only one person on the whole website who posts lowercase and dislike meme bands
>implying I said that
of course an anti-deathgripsfag would have reading issues
>>
>>73836828
>implying you didnt imply that's how you identified a person
nice strawman
>>
>>73836868
No, *this* is what a strawman is.
>there's only one person on the whole website who posts lowercase and dislike meme bands
does not directly address the argument that you are a lowercaseposting loser who posts in every DG thread.

Nigger, the eyes know who you are, and the archive is proof. Stop trolling.
>>
File: 53e.png (155KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
53e.png
155KB, 600x600px
>>73836950
>trying to prove to himself that there's only one person on the whole website who dislikes his favorite meme band
>calling me loser
>>
>>73837014
Nice strawman? Like I said bruh, the eyes know who you are.
>>
>>73837049
see >>73837014
>>
>>73837058
Take a hint, retard
>>
>>73836363
my reading comprehension is fine

you just suck at writing clearly

the way its written could be

>they actually just ripped-off a couple of other industrial hip-hop and grime projects[,] trying to make a nu-metal band for people who grew up listening to skrillex

or, the way I assume you meant it

>they actually just ripped-off a couple of other industrial hip-hop and grime projects [who were] trying to make a nu-metal band for people who grew up listening to skrillex

learn to communicate you flaming faggot
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.