[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who are some artists that fell out of fame and relevance in this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170702-001425.png (2MB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170702-001425.png
2MB, 1200x1920px
Who are some artists that fell out of fame and relevance in this decade?
Off top:

>B.o.B
>Kid Cudi
>Deadmau5
>Yelle
>Justice
>Daft Punk
>Madeon
>Common
>Jay Z
>>
>>73824024
>Daft Punk
Are you high
>>
>>73824024
>Daft Punk
The only time they were more relevant than they are now is when Stronger topped the Hot 100
>>
>>73824052
>>73824034

Name anything worth mentioning that happened since RAM

While I'm at it here's another hot opinion for you: Aphex fell off too
>>
>>73824024
Kesha
Black Eyed Peas
>>
>>73824077
I cannot think of a more undeserving post to get dubs. What an absolutely stupid perspective you have.
>>
>>73824102
xxztentacion will save indie rock in 2018 and he will kill jahseh onfroy
>>
>>73824077
Seriously?

First off, they've been known to take long breaks between albums. If another album is what you're looking for, you might not get it for another couple years.

Secondly, RAM was already enough to make them incredibly relevant. Get Lucky is still played on the radio and in public places to this day, and the average joe now knows of Daft Punk due to that song, that album, and the grammys.

As for what they've done since? Plenty! They released a pop up shop in Los Angeles earlier this year. I was personally there, the shop was lined up around several blocks with people trying to get in it. They've also collaborated with The Weeknd on Starboy, which ended up hitting a billion views on YouTube, as well as number 1 on the Billboard 100. It's actually the first time they've ever hit number 1 on the billboard in the US. They also did a performance with him during this year's grammys. Everybody's also going nuts wondering when Alive 2017 will happen; if it does, that absolutely WILL get attention, as it'll have been only the third time they've done a tour.

So yes, they're still very relevant. With that billboard statistic, you could even argue they're now more relevant than they've ever been.
>>
>>73824219
bro you just wrote an essay
>>
>>73824024
Skrillex

>>73824077
They worked with The Weeknd in 2016 and 2017
>>
>>73824226
Thanks teach

>>73824229
Jack U's gotten plenty of attention
>>
>>73824024
complèment fou was pretty good though
>>
>>73824219
>Get Lucky is still played on the radio
sound of the summer
>>
>>73825120
you saying prisma's a summerfag or that get lucky's a summer time song?
>>
>>73824024
>>73824024
Nobody fell harder and faster than Skrillex.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.