[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just don't know what to make of Jay-Z anymore. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Sin titulo 2.jpg (172KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Sin titulo 2.jpg
172KB, 1366x768px
I just don't know what to make of Jay-Z anymore. I don't know what to make of rappers lately in general.
>>
Make up your own opinion.
>>
What to "make" of Jay-Z? He has enough money to buy Melonhead's entire public persona, many many times over. That's what you "make" of him.
>>
Who the fuck is Melonhead. lol
>>
>>73820228
And if not his camp directly, then certainly Conde Nast and everyone else who wants control over the public opinion. Melon is nothing.
>>
He is uncreative and never has set a trend in hip hop. He has been carried by the wave of other people's talents and any time he is inspired by a current trend, it ends up aging really poorly.
>>
Does Antny talk about the Jews in this review?
>>
>>73820193
Fantano is an inconsistent mess of a critic. I don't know why anyone takes him seriously.
>>
>>73820560
When he is inconsistent he always mentions it and tries to mention it in later videos if he has thought a bit more and changed his judgement.
>>
The Story of OJ doesn't really work without the music video tee bee eightch.
>>
>>73820330
This is a completely accurate assessment for his entire early/mid career, although I do think his last two records (MCHG and 4:44) were his best work and the first truly trendsetting albums he's ever released. I don't think there's really a term for it (because only Jay does this type of music) but he has transitioned into making mogul rap or wealth music. Sure, other rappers talk about watches/cars/chains etc but he is the first rapper to seriously discuss artwork, powerful Jews, property investments and other assorted billionaire things in his music. In my mind, it's become a subgenre entirely unique to Jay because no other rapper (outside of maybe Diddy and Dre) are in a financial position to explore some of the concepts that Jay currently touches on. He is setting a new paradigm for what an artist could theoretically be once they've reached the absolute pinnacle of financial success and pop culture, which in my mind is the greatest artistic achievement of his career.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.