[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He might be a hardass but he's smarter than most everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: piero.png (125KB, 324x328px) Image search: [Google]
piero.png
125KB, 324x328px
He might be a hardass but he's smarter than most everyone on this board
>>
I don't think anyone will question that.
>>
File: xindu086.jpg (88KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
xindu086.jpg
88KB, 700x525px
True.
>>
nah i built the flying refrigerator, i've got him beat
>>
>he's smarter than most everyone on this board
That's obvious. Scaruffi writes his poorly-reasoned garbage, but the shitheads on board actually believe it.
>>
File: 1454863369058.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1454863369058.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>73815230
holy hoverhand
>>
>>73815230
That hover hand is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time
He is just a beta who saw loads of musicians get girls when he was young so now he hates them
>>
File: thedean.jpg (71KB, 212x244px) Image search: [Google]
thedean.jpg
71KB, 212x244px
>>73815118
Pierro Scaruffi
- "Best Rock Albums" [Trivero, 1955] C+
>>
File: 1499553550.jpg (76KB, 770x584px) Image search: [Google]
1499553550.jpg
76KB, 770x584px
>>73815230
This new "Hoverhand" release pales in comparison to his earlier work. 2/10
>>
>>73815270
any vids?
>>
>>73815272
It's pretty well-reasoned desu
>>
File: sofia7.jpg (97KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
sofia7.jpg
97KB, 600x450px
>Readers often ask me why I did not become a musician, since my essays, indirectly, tell a musician what music he should or should not be making. Other readers accuse critics of being merely frustrated people who would like to be the very musicians and stars they "criticize". Again, in my case it goes back to my passion for history and for knowledge. Pythagora, who had a mystic attitude towards things, thought that the audience was more important than the athletes: the athletes were entertaining the audience but the audience was "contemplating" the athletes, and to Pythagora that was more important. Understanding nature was more important than being a part of it. In a sense, when you "contemplate" nature you manage not to be part of it, to be something else, above and beyond it, almost divine. Pythagora thought that this "contemplation" of nature led to logic. To Pythagora religion and mathematics were the same: the pure mathematician was a religious prophet, and viceversa. Contemplation was the key to understanding the universe, and it led to logical explanation of what the universe is. Logic was so ubiquitous in the universe that Pythagora thought that numbers were the ultimate reality. In particular, he discovered the relationship between numbers and music. Music is logic. All of this was evident to him as the "listener", not as the "maker" of music.

He's right, you know.
>>
>>73815118
Piero has GREAT TASTE
>>
>>73816674

they say that those that can't just instruct others
>>
One can even tear apart his Beatles meme paragraph with facts, forget the bevy of many writings of his that can be torn apart as well. He's no different from the rest of popular music journalists. Stick to musicology pieces. Those guys know what they are talking about with their works peer reviewed before released to the public.
>>
>>73816674
wtf? the only reason i ever cared for this guys opinion on music was his writing ability that more often than not allowed him to express his thoughts in ways other music critics rarely do (much less buzzwords), but this shit reads like a 12 year olds essay nearer to the end. his attempt to align his thoughts on music with some internal mega-structure of logic in hopes of his opinion becoming something more than just an opinion is pathetic.
>>
>>73816894
>much less buzzwords
He has his own set of buzzwords if you had actually read any of his shit instead of just looking at his numbers.
>>
>>73817149
huh? do you mean his repetition of certain adjectives? because buzzwords usually have more than one person using them in order for them to be actually considered...buzzwords.
>>
>>73815118
I've never really looked into him as a person or read any of his reviews of anything. Don't really get why people care.
>>
>>73817632
maybe you should read his stuff then. unless this post was just a means of showing how much you dont care for the guy (which is kinda pathetic).
>>
>>73817632
>i don't care about him
>yet i post in threads about him
whats your problem
>>
>>73817749
What I mean by that is I never got why people hold critics to such high regard. Maybe its because I make my opinions about something on my own. Maybe I need to check the guy out, but I have an idea of what I'm getting into. Why do YOU like him?
>>
>>73817582
The concept of the words themselves not really meaning much applies to Scaruffi's works as well.
>>
>>73815230
>>73815610
proof he is afraid of touching asians
>>
>>73817771
are you seriously asking people to spoonfeed you the merits of a fucking music critic? imagine being this lazy...
>>
>>73817837
I'm not asking to be spoon fed anything, I'm asking anon why he likes him, that's all. Just asking for some insight to why.
>>
File: fam.jpg (18KB, 350x371px) Image search: [Google]
fam.jpg
18KB, 350x371px
>>73817880
but that's ex-...nvm.
>>
>>73817893
Do you have anything to add?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.