[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/sicians I need your help I've been playing the bass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: gitaar.png (483KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
gitaar.png
483KB, 5000x5000px
/mu/sicians I need your help

I've been playing the bass for a year and played with a band (we are 3 long time friends) for all of it.

Yesterday we started creating our own music but when I try to play with the guitar it doesn't work. I don't know which notes I can/can't play. Do I have to train specifically for this ? Will it come with time ?
>>
>>73805536
bass notes are just guitar notes an octave lower. it depends on the genre what notes you should play. what type of music is it?
>>
Try Looking at some scales and then some arpegios :) dont loose your shit if it is too complicated at first :)
>>
>starting a band with friends

One of you is going to get hurt
>>
>>73805536
If the guitar is playing chords, you can start out by playing the roots of the chord, along with a fifth thrown in. So if they are playing a C chord, you can play the A String, 3rd fret, along with D String 5th fret. This should be serviceable enough to get through a writing session. You can write a better bassline when you have time after.
>>
>>73805536
Just play the root note with the guitar, that's pretty much what majority of bass player do anyways
>>
Have you done any studying? Some basic music theory will go a long way.

Start off just playing the roots. Try some different rhythms, then expand. If it fits the style, use some transition notes between the bars to make it feel connected. Don't be afraid to experiment.

Don't be afraid to ask questions to your friends (especially if they know more than you)
>>
>>73805536
>implying bass is an actual instrument
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.