[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the last true Rock album? One that is MOSTLY just rock,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1351.jpg (132KB, 649x653px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1351.jpg
132KB, 649x653px
What was the last true Rock album?
One that is MOSTLY just rock, so Radiohead and such bands do not count.
Has to be commercially and critically successful, too.
>>
That QOTSA album from 2013. The Clockwork or whatever.
>>
>>
>>73797139
would nu-metal be applicable? It was definitely very commercial with some acts being critically acclaimed too
>>
What was the last true Rap album?
One that is MOSTLY just rap, so Kendrick Lamar and such bands do not count.
Has to be commercially and critically successful, too.
>>
>>73797219
Look, I'm just trying to see where rock died and rap took over.
It's a very important turning point in musical history to me.
Help me out, friends.
>>
File: ADKOT.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ADKOT.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>73797139

this album is ALL rock

This album debuted at #2 was critically acclaimed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLqPObiutWY
>>
>>73797161
t. fantano drone
>>
>>73797882
>friends

We're not your friends.
>>
>>73797219
4:44, damn that wasn't hard at all. He doesn't undercut his album with him singing either
>>
>>73798053
omg that hurt me so much how could you do that to my fragile little feelings??? ;(
>>
>>73797979
It topped the charts and was acclaimed across the board.
>>
Would Muse's Black holes and revelations count?
>>
>>73797139
Stadium Arcadium was like the MCatIS of the 00s won grammy album of the year too.
>>
>>73797139
I never listened to this lot in the 90s, but for whatever reason 1979 came on recently and I fucking cried. I don't know what came over me. I think I'm probably just depressed. That said, I've not been able to get that song out of my head for a while
>>
>>73798461
It lost to Dixie Chicks.
>>
>>73797139
DESPITE ALL MY RAGE
>>
File: Murder_Of_The_Universe.jpg (25KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Murder_Of_The_Universe.jpg
25KB, 316x316px
>>
>>73797882
Probably around 2004. Speakerboxxx / The Love Below was a huge hit, and the post grunge train was starting to burn out
>>
>>73798954
>all those interruptions for talking
>>
File: Sing_To_God_1404402249.jpg (92KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sing_To_God_1404402249.jpg
92KB, 600x600px
>>73797139
I can't see any contemporary artist topping this one any time soon.
Get well Timmy
>>
>>73797882
rock is still more popular than rap. rap is probably losing some ground to pop/r&b at present.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.