[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

give me one reason i should listen to this nigger's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_9579.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9579.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
give me one reason i should listen to this nigger's "music"
>>
>>73791259
>nigger's music

Back to /b/ edgy kiddo
>>
you shouldn't. Hip-hop is artistically worthless and will be forgotten about
>>
>>73791259
whoah watch the edge senpai

*tips
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (26KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
26KB, 600x750px
>>73791259
>>
>>73791259
i can give you few reasons to kill yourself instead
>>
It's objectively horrible music
>>
imagining kendrick say that seems extra worse for some reason
>>
File: maybe.jpg (56KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
maybe.jpg
56KB, 720x540px
>>73791285
>>73791652
>"""""""*****music*****"""""""
>>
>>73791259
he's got he's got he's got Royalties inside his DNA
>>
>>73791801
there is NOTHING wrong with the wormrot goat
>>
>>73791285
taking the bait...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWz-yEZ6wNY if you don't feel anything while listening to this you don't know shit about music
>>
Because you need something to laugh about
>>
>>73791977
God damn I love DONUTS!
>>
>>73791977
No bait here bud. Hip-hop offers nothing substantially emotional or artistic. It's simple, cheap frills and beats at the expense of any true meaning.

These albums will be eventually forgotten about and have already been proven to not stand the test of time, with most of the youth not even caring about "classic" hip-hop, which will lead to the genres eventual death and it will fall into obscurity. This is hip-hops peak in popularity, enjoy it while it lasts. A genre so shallow and with fans of fickle that there's not genuine connection built between music and fans. The genre will die and the classic forgotten about. Buckle up, it's closer than you think.

Also, posting a link to [generic beat man #28482] and expecting me to have some kind of emotional response is laughable. He literally samples a vocal chord over and over again, and you retards call this artistic. I've heard more resonating sound from a fucking toilet.
>>
>>73792098
He makes a good point, the reason why that song is soulful is that the music he sampled it from was soulful.

Hip Hop feeds off the corpse of true instrumentalists and musicians.
>>
>>73792098
guess what
>>
>>73792098
Please define the word "meaning" to me. Most of /lit/ couldn't do it, and we're on fucking /mu/ right now... Wouldn't you believe living in a time where sub-cultures are at their peak, (woodstock and the blooming berlin techno scene come to mind) create meaning as well?

But if you're actually serious, these sort of threads don't get many replies, as it only seems like an extremely poor attempt of working through compulsive, racist urges. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>73792219
the duration of sampled music in that track is like 6 seconds.

Every bit of melody is created by chopping and scratching it. this takes incredible technique and talent. That was a fact.
>>
>>73791282
>>73791306
>>73791337
>>73791600
>>>reddit
>>
>>73792282
Several seconds of some of the most soulful parts of another song, you can't ignore that.

Wonder why JDilla isn't really relevant anymore? Because he didn't create his own music. Same with all of these other producers. No one will remember DJ Khalid (Thank God), or Metro Boomin because they aren't acts. Kanye and Pharell on the other hand, are.
>>
>>73792282
No it really dosent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt4ks-JFRMk
>>
>>73791259
Who the hell do you think you are? Who the hell do you think you are? You any kind of artist? Anybody know who you are? This is one of the most important places in all of North America. Who are you? Who are you! You miserable presumptuous no-talent. You're no artist. An artist respects the silence that serves the foundation of creativity. You obviously don't have the talent. You don't have enough respect for yourself or other people or what it is to express yourself. And music really is a form of creativity. And I'm an NYU film school graduate, sucka, in the School of Visual Arts, and The Academy of Art University in San Francisco. You suck, you're a no-talent. If you really had talent, go practice and to get yourself a gig instead of ruining the end of the day for everybody down here. You're a disgrace. You're everything that has gone wrong in this world. You're a self-consumed, no-talent, mediocre piece of shit. And I've earned my right to say it, ok? In 1975, I walked Bob Dylan up on stage. I knew the Grateful Dead since 1966. Who the fuck are you? You nothing! You nothing. You are nothing. You will never be anything, never. How dare you. How dare you. You miserable, mediocre nothing. Shame on you. I'm trained classically, I'm trained contemporaneously, and you suck
>>
>>73791259
Because it fucking bangs
>>
>>73791259
Can't because hip hop has so much more to offer than that
>>
>>73792353
Metro Boomin only uses synths, Pharrell's also avoided using samples throughout most of his career
>>
>>73792245
We're getting into subjective territory here, and we all know how much /mu/ loves objectivity in music.

I've always described "meaning" - specifically in art - as forcing a perspective, opening the viewer up to new ways of approaching life and leaving them with something that resonates with them for the rest of their lives. I truly don't believe that a hip-hop record has done that yet, it all sounds too samey and forgettable. True art needs to stand the test of time, and again, I just don't see hip-hop standing the test of time, seeing as many youths (the biggest hip-hop fans) either don't know or don't care about "classics" Hip-hop in conception is money first - music later. There's no incentive for progressive thinking or experimentation because it simply doesn't sell.

I'm not saying art has to be experimental to be artistic, but it definitely helps. Finding new ways to express the same message is key for progressivism in artistic mediums, and has (for the most parts) occurred or is occurring with most genres, except hip-hop.

To approach your final point, I do not care about the race of the artist. Some of most artistic individuals have been African American.

I want to truly believe Hip-hop can be artistic, but whatever it is or whatever it sounds like currently doesn't exist simply because of the mentality of both artists and fans alike. Hip-hop fans are fickle and move on too quickly, too quickly to build any true appreciation for music.

>>73792282
This guy in influential in the sense that he showed how fucking easy it is to make this kind of music. Other than that, pretty boring stuff that only really resonates within the dumbest of music fans, who only listen to music for "sik beats and cool sounds"
>>
>>73792219
anon pls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wZytWFm7x0
>>
>>73791977
>hip-hop fan tells other people they don't know shit about music
Irony at its paroxysm
>>
>>73792406
>Metro Boomin only uses synths

True, but he is still dead to history.

>Pharrell's also avoided using samples throughout most of his career

I said he would last.

>>73792453
I think you're full of shit. There is a lot of trite shit in many sub-genres of Hip Hop. Especially the "woke" shit where it's just a boom bap beat and a "smart" kid rapping about making it out the hood. But there are definitely artists that matter and give great or interesting vocal performances. Fuck listing them all out to you, because you probably don't listen to much hip hop.
>>
>>73792370
is this blatant shilling or am i missing something. holy shit that video is bad. i want my 2 minutes back
>>
>>73792506
>or am i missing something.
You're missing the willingness to admit you were wrong. And let's be honest, if you didn't know how those samples were created and they were in a hip hop song, you wouldn't object at all.
>>
>>73792453
Holy shit there's no way this isn't pasta, you're actually fucking autistic.
>>
>>73792098
T. Never listened to hip-hop
>>
>>73792466
I do love that song anon, don't get me wrong but a log of hip-hop lacks creative agency. A lot of acts like that don't make it to the top.
>>
>>73792537
Sounds like a funky Asher Roth instrumental.
>>
>>73792504
Nice assumption, how possibly could someone who listens to hip-hop have such strong anti-hip-hop arguments. I don't hate hip-hop, I don't hate the idea of hip-hop, giving a voice to what was a silent generation is a powerful thing and shouldn't be understated. However, to say that hip-hop is some kind of bastion os art is absolutely Ludacris. I've listened to most of what /mu/ would consider "classic" hip-hop, excluding really early hip-hop. Even modern underground hip-hop lacks that true meaning that people want to - for some reason - attribute to it. Most underground hip-hop is simply artists wanting to make it big and make money, bitches and hoes.

So, no. I stick to what I believe, nothing about hip-hop is artistic. But alas, people can enjoy what they enjoy and I've tried to make that as clear as possible. Just don't try to pretend that some shitty beat with some tripe words said over it somehow changed your fucking life.

Classics will be forgotten and hip-hop will continue down its spiral of self-destruction until the genre is remembered by many and loved by few.

>>73792552
Oh yeah sorry, better fall in line as usual. "I believe the same thing as everyone, I have no sense of individuality"

>>73792579
Another great assumption here.
>>
>>73792453
you're surprisingly eloquent, i have to give you that one

>I truly don't believe that a hip-hop record has done that yet, it all sounds too samey and forgettable.
From your previous points I take that you are not a hip-hop fan. How could you judge whether or not the music is "forcing a perspective" on anyone, if you clearly don't resonate. Sometimes the wisest step is just to realize something is not for you.

If I can "influence the way you approach life" a lil' bit:
Many people didn't even get the chance to receive an actual music education. Rejecting all of hip-hop for not being musically complex, is extremely ignorant. Where can you find more "Soul"? In simple or very complex music?
>>
>>73792620
I-I don't like your opinion anon, boo hoo.

I am interested though anon, what modern genre of music do you think will stand the test of time? If any?
>>
>>73792537
okay buddy.

that sounded like hot garbage
i think it was more a shot towards the edm crew, as that track sounded neither hip, nor hop.

ps: kys kiddd
>>
>>73792699
I don't listen to much new music, but from what I've read of general reception. Indie folk and rock seem to be resonating with a lot of younger music listeners - especially singer/songwriter styles, while I don't personally subscribe to that kind of music fans seem to be very dedicated to the artists and enjoy the music on a level I've not really seen in hip-hop. Don't get me wrong though - I should have articulated this a little better in hindsight - hip-hop will be remembered obviously, but for probably different reasons. I see too many fans of hip-hop jumping from artist to artist too frequently and I see albums that were celebrated on release be forgotten about far too frequently in hip-hop.

>from your previous points I take that you are not a hip-hop fan.
not true, while I'm not a hardcore fan. I do enjoy some of the classics and even some of the modern underground acts. I enjoy it for what it is.

>How could you judge whether or not the music is "forcing a perspective"

I'm not, music has always been about simple enjoyment - nothing wrong with that. I was talking about my personal perception of what "art" is. I see the tag of art being applied far too often in music and especially in hip-hop.

>Rejecting all of hip-hop for not being musically complex is extremely ignorant.
I don't, I reject the concept that it's artistic. I see hip-hop for what it is, quick releases of energy intended for frustrated people.

I truly believe complex music has way more soul or artistry in it. Having the balls to stray from the norm and think outside of the box is a massive risk financially, doing it proves you care about the medium and want to push it further. Obviously, this doesn't apply to every artist that has ever experimented, there will always be a leech. Having the balls to say "I think we can do it like this" or "how about we try this instead" Is far more soulful than doing whatever analytics say will sell
>>
>>73792852
Was intended for >>73792667 aswell.
>>
Woah, who let /pol/ out of their shit stye?
>>
>>73792875
fuck off montie
>>
>>73792852
I gotta say, I can respect your viewpoint.

Your whole conservative reasoning on what "real" art is still irks me. Can't we agree that if some german dude wants to take a pissoir, take a pen and scribble on it, and wants to call it art, it can be? Art is everything that moves a persons spirit. This wildly varies from person to person obviously, and even if some 15 year old teen wants to enjoy corporate pop, that's fine, if it means something to her and her alone. Meaning is highly subjective.

it's been nice arguing with you over some sort of myanmarian pipe-smoking forum but i really gotta go
>>
>>73792313
xD
>>
>>73793238
Ay cool man, much respect. Keep liking what you like senpai, don't let some anon put you off hip-hop.

Keep it chill anon.
>>
File: GOD-DAMN-Thats-EDGY.png (151KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
GOD-DAMN-Thats-EDGY.png
151KB, 450x300px
>>73791259
>>
File: 1480173702225.jpg (45KB, 599x595px) Image search: [Google]
1480173702225.jpg
45KB, 599x595px
>>73793538
leaked picture of you while you were posting this
>>
File: 1485653966776.jpg (79KB, 614x531px) Image search: [Google]
1485653966776.jpg
79KB, 614x531px
>>73793563
>/pol/tards so easy to trigger they resort to posting an unflattering picture.
>>
hi
>>
>>73792353
Dilla isn't relevant anymore because he's dead you mongoloid
>>
>>73792720
>ps: kys kiddd
Damn, you sure showed me now.
>>
>Hip-hop/rap has no artistic value
>what is eminem
>>
>>73793563
thanks for the rare nu male
>>
>>73792098
No bait here bud. Rock offers nothing substantially emotional or artistic. It's simple, cheap frills and beats at the expense of any true meaning.

These albums will be eventually forgotten about and have already been proven to not stand the test of time, with most of the youth not even caring about "classic" rock, which will lead to the genres eventual death and it will fall into obscurity. This was rock's peak in popularity, enjoy it while it lasts. A genre so shallow and with fans of fickle that there's not genuine connection built between music and fans. The genre will die and the classic forgotten about. Buckle up, it's closer than you think.

Also, posting a link to [generic guitar man #28482] and expecting me to have some kind of emotional response is laughable. He literally plays a riff over and over again, and you retards call this artistic. I've heard more resonating sound from a fucking toilet.
>>
>>73792852
>I see the tag of art being applied far too often in music and especially in hip-hop.
It quite literally is art, no matter how you spin it. The word is not based around your opinions
>>
>>73791259
It nice
>>
>>73792313
Predictable. Don't be angry, faggot.
>>
>>73792313
actual newfag
>>
Nigger music is shit tier because it's exclusively made for white people.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.