[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rym is a stupid community where users don't even enjoy the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 12

File: my god.png (12KB, 1373x194px) Image search: [Google]
my god.png
12KB, 1373x194px
rym is a stupid community where users don't even enjoy the music they acclaim.
>>
>>73790082
It is retarded how people rate stuff as other people hear it. Clones, all of them.
>>
File: pathetic.png (22KB, 1365x255px) Image search: [Google]
pathetic.png
22KB, 1365x255px
>>
Rating music in general is utterly retarded but I use the site for cataloging and being up to date with releases because I really dislike the layout of Discogs.
>>
>caring about rym ratings
>thinking "enjoyment" and "fun" are the same thing
>>
>>73790129
So how, out of thousands of albums, do you remember which ones you've enjoyed or not if you don't rate them for later referral?
>>
>>73790129
the newish rym layout is shite too

the circa 2010-2012 layout was the best

>>73790145
by not listening to music he doesn't enjoy I assume
>>
>>73790129
discogs and rym have the same problem where each individual version of albums can be voted on. I understand theres different versions of albums (like Aphex's SAW92) but they should be separate at that point.
like theres ten different CD releases depending on country and each has its own rating...
>>
>>73790145
If it's good I listen to it a lot and remember it. If not I forget it. This is how pretty much every human being functions when it comes to literature, movies, etc.
>>73790145
>>73790168
RYM is still better in UI regard though because generally when I want to check up what the artist has released and have a general overlook of their body of work, I can just search their name and get a nice clean list. Discogs on the other hand throws me this clustered mess of all sort of diferent releases and formats that just makes it a pain in the ass.
>>
>>73790130
what the fuck how can you have fun with something and not enjoy it
>>
>>73790158
So how does he know which ones he doesn't enjoy if he doesn't rate them?
>>
>>73790185
you can't have fun but not enjoy
but you can enjoy and not have fun
>>
>>73790183
You must be a teenager or in your early 20s to have a 100% perfect memory. It'll soon fade, my son.
>>
>>73790183
>Discogs on the other hand throws me this clustered mess of all sort of diferent releases and formats that just makes it a pain in the ass.
Well it is a marketplace first and foremost.
>>
>>73790189
How did people know what they enjoyed and what they didn't during pre-RYM and pre-internet days, anon?
>>
>>73790198
>Well it is a marketplace first and foremost.

no it's not, it was full of different versions even before the introduction of marketplace.
>>
>>73790209
It is now you fucking cretin.
>>
>>73790195
>If not I forget it
>perfect memory
Looks like your memory is not the only thing that faded my illiterate, senile friend.
>>
>>73790205
The organised the records, cds and tapes by which they enjoyed and which they didn't. You have a good pile and a shit pile that you give you to your older brother or sister.
>>
>>73790231
wow you're dumb
>>
>>73790231
Wow it's amost like you can keep around music you like and delete music you don't through a digital collection too. What a concept.
>>
>>73790220
not it's not lol it is a databse
>>
>>73790227
Yours will too. In time, kiddiewinky. And i'll be there to laugh at you.
>>
>>73790256
No you won't, you'll be a dead piece of shit while I'll be strumming my favourite songs on guitar.
>>
well this thread got retarded pretty fast
>>
>>73790239
>>73790245
You've been trolled, dumbo. Just trying to help! :)
>>
>>73790231

autism levels reaching peak
>>
File: national guilty party.jpg (31KB, 498x172px) Image search: [Google]
national guilty party.jpg
31KB, 498x172px
>>73790082
>you share RYM with people like this
>>
this thread is proving OP right, rymers are actually so retarded they can't even remember what music they """"enjoy""""
>>
you're using an example that is to special to ignore the context
>>
>>73790451
oh yeah this one is already a classic

https://rateyourmusic.com/board_message?message_id=6713000&find=6714499&x=m#msg6714499
>>
File: hoverhand.jpg (71KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
hoverhand.jpg
71KB, 700x525px
You do realize that you can appreciate/admire or even LOVE something from an artistic perspective but not actually derive pleasure from the experience of listening to it, right?

There's more to music than just the sound itself, sometimes the structures of how it is composed and the ideas behind it can be extremely fascinating even if it doesn't sound very good to you personally. I feel this way about a lot of modern classical, the compositions and concepts are loaded with amazing/exciting things but I wouldn't actually listen to the pieces themselves frequently.

poptimists wouldn't understand this
>>
>>73790864
>poptimists wouldn't understand this

that's because they don't limit themselves to trivial bullshit like this you fucking retard
>>
>>73790189
Are you this autistic? If you don't enjoy it you don't enjoy it
>>
>>73790864
>I feel this way about a lot of modern classical, the compositions and concepts are loaded with amazing/exciting things but I wouldn't actually listen to the pieces themselves frequently.
How can you even say this and mean it at the same time? You're literally saying that you're incapable of appreciating certain genres of music on a daily basis but still rate it high because it's what you're suppose to like and listen to. The true definition of a poser. That's way worse than any subculture on RYM.
>inbefore t. poptimist
I'm not one of them but they definitely gain respect because of retarded posts like these.
>>
>>73791058
>because it's what your suppose to like and listen to
He never said that, are you illiterate? He said he enjoys the concepts and the compositions, but wouldn't listen to it daily. He's not saying that he pretends to like it.
>>
>>73790082
that's just one guy
>>
File: 1463752298006.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1463752298006.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>73790864
>There's more to music than just the sound itself

this sentence doesn't make any sense
the truth is that you are extremely insecure about your taste because you are scared it doesn't fit the general consensus of good taste.
vomit.
>>
>>73790952

1. it's not trivial and 2. it's not limiting either, nor do people who think like this limit themselves to this. if you open your mind up to that kind of artistic thinking, it will only strengthen your passion for more and more kinds of music and art.

>>73791058

>because it's what you're suppose to like

I'm sorry, where did I say "because it's what I'm supposed to like"? You don't seem to be comprehending what I'm saying.

Also, "what you're supposed to like" is literally pop music. Pop music is what corporations want you to like, it's what popular critics want you to like (and even "indie" critics now), it's what most normal people expect you to like...not many people believe you are "supposed" to like shit like Stockhausen and Xenakis. They are far more controversial and less well-liked than whatever pop stars are big now.

>>73791142

>you are extremely insecure about your taste

not at all

again I really don't get how this is a hard thing to grasp. how long have you guys even been listening to music? do you ever read about how the music you listen to was conceived and made? do you ever push yourself to try things out of your comfort zone?
>>
>>73791085
No but he pretends to love it. Big difference. That's the problem. If he has a normal rating system he should be giving those releases and/or compositions lower than a 4.0 at the very least. That anon is a textbook pretentious faggot who's afraid of showing his real taste. Probably underage and insecure so in a way it's acceptable.
>>
>>73791182
post your profile big guy
>>
>>73791185

I'm not even the person rating shit on RYM that you're talking about. and I rate shit based on my subjective enjoyment and also how much objective value I think it has.

>>73791206

https://rateyourmusic.com/~ClipsMcGrips

got front page a couple weeks ago for my Thugger review
>>
>>73791182
>if you open your mind up to that kind of artistic thinking

poptimists do this as well just in a different way. there are many fans of popular music who combine various kinds of genres. they're open to anything just like you. to say that they wouldn't understand shows how ignorant and retarded you are.
>>
>>73790116
"OOGA BOOGA!!"
>>
>>73791182
>do you ever read about how the music you listen to was conceived and made?

so what? how could, the way a piece of music was made, influence the final judgement?
a song can be recorded or written in the most experimental or strangest way ever but if the actual music is shit, it doesn't make any difference, that music remains shit.
>>
>>73791185
>a normal rating system
Define. There are other aspects of what you like about an album other than how much fun you had with it, including those other aspects is a better reflection on what you think of that album
>>
>>73791142
based Sal on another destroy normie mission
>>
>>73791142
>only looks at art at the surface value
if you applied this mindset of ONLY looking at the product of an artist's work and applied it to other artforms we would still only have still life paintings
>>
>>73791272

>how could, the way a piece of music was made, influence the final judgement?

How could it NOT? Are you one of those people who's like "durr I like it cuz it sounds good to my ears"
>>
>>73791316
>"durr I like it cuz it sounds good to my ears"
there's literally nothing wrong with this anon
>>
>>73791182
This is such a ridiculous concept, i have never pushed myself "out of the comfort zone" and neither felt the need too. Even listening to harsh noise was never something i had to put some kind of work in order to achieve understanding of, It's just stacked as something i liked from the get go.
Human brain knows what it likes and what it hates especially when it comes at music, what you describe is deceiving yourself in order to fit in and "appreciate" high rated music.
>>
>>73791355
there's nothing wrong with having that mindset, but don't say it's stupid to think that the context behind an album can give it another layer of depth
>>
>>73791369
that layer shouldn't matter to you unless you're some kind of gifted musical genius who's studying or has studied music. if not, stop pretending you're someone important and stick to what you really like the most.
>>
>>73791369
see >>73791206
>>
>>73791316
>Are you one of those people who's like "durr I like it cuz it sounds good to my ears"

yes of course, if something sounds good, then it's good, full stop, there's no other way to judge music.

scaruffi said it too:

>I do not enjoy listening to music for the sake of a brilliant solo. That solo has to deliver emotion. If it is technically breathtaking but does not deliver any emotion, that musician is not very interesting to me. There is a difference, in my opinion, between a juggler and an artist. If the playing is barely passable, but it delivers a lot of emotion, that musician is a genius.
>>
So if an album made you feel sad, would you say that you "enjoyed" it? You can like something without enjoying it.
>>
>>73791410
>>73791355
>>73791435

let me give you an example

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metastaseis_(Xenakis)

The concept behind, and also the composition, and the requirements for performance, for this piece are incredible to me, EVEN THOUGH I don't actually enjoy how it sounds very much. But I still admire it as art.
>>
File: top 24 + recents 07-03-17.jpg (930KB, 1988x2236px) Image search: [Google]
top 24 + recents 07-03-17.jpg
930KB, 1988x2236px
>>73791410
>that layer shouldn't matter to you unless you're some kind of gifted musical genius
????
no nigger i'm talking about the shit like understanding what was going on in the context of brian wilson's life when pet sounds was written, for instance. it can just make a record all the more powerful
>>73791425
>>
>>73791441
Depends on what kind of sadness. If you get sad because it's such an awful record you can't believe it exists then that's something negative compared to let's say enjoying a Post-Punk release. The latter still means you enjoyed it even if the content is depressing.
>>
>>73791425
i'm not the same guy as
>>73791182
btw
>>
>>73791468
>another one getting carried away by cheap emotional context
that layer STILL shouldn't matter to you because you have no idea who brian really is and what he has been through at that exact moment when he was making the album.
>>
>>73791555
>being this autistic
>>
>>73791594
>being this unbiased*

you fucking normie
>>
>>73791468
Pet sounds is mainstream pop music from the 60's, overglorified by hipster kids and pop music critics that have managed to form a narrative where brian wilson's compositions rival the ones of classical musicians. If you take every forced narration and cultural bullshit out of it, it sounds like an animal collective. I assure you if Anco had released Spirit 40 years before they would be considered legends and innovators instead of boring indie kids making psychedelic fairycore
>>
>>73791468
>like understanding what was going on in the context of brian wilson's life when pet sounds was written,

so let's imagine brian wilson raped a child during the recording or writing of pet sounds, would it change you appreciation of pet sounds?
it doesn't make any sense, you judge music based of things that have nothing to do with the actual music.
>>
GUYS how do you explore music from Discogs ? so just explore by genres ? you can't do 'esoteric' there as what you can do in RYM, only by most collected and most wanted. like wtf, i don't want to listen what plebs listen. and most people who use Discogs listen to patrician stuffs. like, how do you get to that stage ?
>>
>>73791603
>if
do you want us to call you a retard? please tell us that this is just bait
>>
>>73791627
you cal also use the recommendations section below every release
>>
>>73791622
oh wow look someone who thinks rational on /mu/ what are the odds???
>>
>>73791603
see for someone who says they only look at music based on how it sounds you are contradicting yourself quite a bit here
i never said that pet sounds' compositions rival classical compositions (of which i know absolutely fucking nothing about) so i don't see how that would be in any way relevant
i don't just buy into every narrative, i just think his life story is moving from an emotional standpoint
>>73791622
yeah actually it probably would
>you judge music based of things that have nothing to do with the actual music.
not entirely, i like pet sounds because i like the music and i think that the emotional overtones in conjunction with brian's life add slightly to the potency of the record.
>>
>>73791642
not an argument, try to refute what i just said or fuck off with your pedantic bullshit
>>
>>73790864
This anon has it right. Everyone is misunderstanding what youre saying but I get it. Its like saying something is really technically impressive but its not your style. Theres tons of music that I think is great but that i am not "into".
>>
>>73790451
beat me to it, i was planning to post a screencap of that. massive autism going on in that guy's case. terrible reviews, too
>>
>>73791677
Not him but you shouldn't use the word ''if'' or just guess what would've happened if A didn't happen or that B would've been better than A if C didn't came along. You can literally paint any situation and get away with it so your post is just a big waste of everyone's time.

The Beach Boys and Brian Wilson deserve their acclaim and they've been a huge influence to MPP and Panda Bear. That's it.
>>
desu there are times where you listen to something and you realize it's quality and how well made it is but you don't really enjoy it that much. Me personally i don't rate them high, i rate them based on the enjoyment they give me but i think this happens a lot. It's like, if you enjoy something like Young Thug more than say, Bach, then you could be aware that one is better made. That said, rating objectively would led for you to have not only a scaruffi/bangs/essentials list but would also fill your favorites with albums you don't enjoy. It's like, what's the point?
>>
>>73791598
>attempting to be unbiased in something that is entirely subjective
ok
>>
>>73791227
>it's all /mu/core
LLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL
>>
>>73791687
That's fine. He and everybody else who thinks like that should rate it accordingly then. Because higher than a 4.0 looks like they're overrating the living shit out of whatever release or composition.
>>
>>73790952
>limit
popshits like yourself are the ones limiting themselvas by only letting themselves "enjoy" """music""" in only the most primal way.
>>
>>73791798
>poptimists like yourself
i'm not
>he most primal way
many poptimists listen to all kinds of genres so they're not limiting themselves in any way. you probably haven't heard or talked to them.
>>
>>73790082
i fucking hate rym for this. i love the website itself but i hate the culture of it

like i love how i'm constantly finding new music on it and appreciating different styles but i essentially despise the whole culture of rating and critiquing literally everything you listen to. it seems disgusting almost, especially when you have fucking clowns like this guy not even paying attention to if they liked it or not and constantly diminishing the quality of music to a fucking numbered scale out of 5

and then there's also listening to music just to rate it which i also loathe
>>
File: 131.gif (1MB, 338x600px) Image search: [Google]
131.gif
1MB, 338x600px
>meta threads

this is all an illusion
>>
>>73790451
>I wanted to dislike cause of the score

RYM in a nutshell
>>
>>73790864
do you think he fucked them after this picture was taken
>>
>>73791774
Not him but I think he means that he doesn't care about anything but things like production and lyrics. So literally how it sounds like paying no mind to the artist's/album's story/legacy or for example its sales and chart positions. Sounds silly but you would be surprised the amount of people finding those last few things important when rating a release.
>>
isn't it strange, rym is full of teenagers and young adults but the top100 is mostly dad rock
>>
File: Capture.png (817KB, 704x547px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
817KB, 704x547px
>>73790864
Didn't realise he had a lecture in "the Chinese MIT".
>>
>>73790231
sarcasm my sperg friend
>>
>>73791316
>How could it NOT? Are you one of those people who's like "durr I like it cuz it sounds good to my ears"
peak /mu/
>>
>>73790819
Wow, what a bunch of faggots.
>>
>>73791769
this
>>
>>73792596

not an argument
>>
RYM is indeed a pretty bad community, myself included. I am not removing myself from it at all. Most of the issues stem from the fact that

A. People just want to give low ratings to music that they have a bias towards

B. The mods are cunts

C. The community is full of people who think they are super smart and cultured but are neither smart nor cultured.
>>
>>73792190
Those are mostly because of old users that are barely active on the site
>>
>>73792839
Yes, yourself included. Please delete your account and stop talking.
>>
>>73791988
p much how i feel about it
>>
>>73791142
>what is music theory
>what are higher concepts
what a fucking ridiculously narrow view of art you dumbass retard
>>
>>73791244
brainlet
>>
>>73793177
how is that possible when he arguably has the best taste in this entire thread filled with mu-core normies?
>>
DUDE if it doesnt immediately sound good to me when i put it in my ears and make no effort to understand it then its SHIT music!!!!!
>>
>>73791142
Are you seriously this retarded You realise you can appreciate certain cinematic techniques employed in a movie and think they're really cool and unique while not really deriving much entertainment due to other factors like pacing, the overall mood or a story that does not appeal to you? The only insecure fuckwit here is the one posting cancerous reaction images putting people down for looking at music as anything more than mackground nopise that you either "like" or "don't like". Why is this sort of shit acceptable only among enthusiasts of music yet no other art form?
>>
>>73793226
hey i can do the same thing but actually make sense:

ignorant *actual* retard
>>
>>73793259
you're completely missing the point stop posting
>>
>>73790451
this is amazing
>>
stop posting Sal
>>
>>73791410
>art and culture exist in two separate vacuums and are completely unrelated to each other
>>
>>73793341
see >>73792169 you tryhard faggot
>>
>>73793373
Literally just saying "cultural context and art have no relation whatsoever". This is the state of /mu/. What a fucking joke.
>>
>>73793389
So everyone should love Pet Sounds and have it in his 5.0s because it's quality, influence and legacy are out of this world unless you just simply hate baroque pop. I don't think you read that post carefully.
>>
>>73790451
Wow this guy just lost all credibility
>>
>>73790082
Are you an actual retard? Have you even listened to A Crow Looked At Me? It's not an "enjoyable" album in a traditional sense. The entire album is about Phil's fucking dead wife.
>>
>>73793465
Or, you know, if you can't evaluate its qualities from an objective perspective because you just fucking hate it, maybe you should, get this, not review it? I mean holy shit, objectivity in evaluation? What a concept!
>>
>>73790082

>enjoying music

Fuck off, normie.
>>
>>73793477
see >>73791525
>>
>>73790864
This anon is right. Anyone who listens to music solely personal enjoyment is a fucking pleb and has no business listening to music, let alone giving their opinion on it.
>>
>>73791142
wow, you're a fucking idiot. get off this board.
>>
File: barely o's.png (234KB, 428x413px) Image search: [Google]
barely o's.png
234KB, 428x413px
>>73793324
>>73791292
>mfw my only post itt has been >>73792054 this
>mfw in some /mu/kid's head
nice...
>>
>>73790193
yes
>>
File: 1469635503022.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1469635503022.png
7KB, 420x420px
>>73793267
>discussion about music
>he talks about techniques in movies
>>
>>73793817
It's called an exa
>frogposter
you know what fuck you
>>
>>73793490
No one said anything about publishing a mean review about it (or rating it really low) you idiot. Nothing wrong with showing what you like and hate. But caring about objectivity when you're not enjoying the final product and afterwards still rating it extremely high is borderline retardation. You just simply don't like or get it. Sure you can go back to it a million times and delude yourself into thinking that you get it to gain some cred but in reality you really don't. Move on.

Are these degenerate faceless people by any chance your friends on RYM anon?
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/Traviud/r5.0
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/DozensOfDonuts/r5.0
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/Verkrah/r5.0

This is what happens when you let objectivity and supposed important people/critics who have nothing to do with YOUR life manipulate your ratings.
>This is the state of /mu/. What a fucking joke.
How ironic coming from the likes of you.
>>
>>73791988
this
>>
>>73793643
this is definitely your post Sal >>73791142
>>
>>73793917
>Nothing wrong with showing what you like and hate
Revieweing things is not about YOU, you dense fuck. At least it shouldn't be, which is why the "look at my tastes! I am so unique" nature of RYM makes it useless shit for anything other than cataloging purposess.
>But caring about objectivity when you're not enjoying the final product and afterwards still rating it extremely high is borderline retardation
I mean this should never happen in the first place. If you can see there are things in a piece of art that give it cultural and artistic value greater than your perceived enjoyment of it, and you know you are incapable of providing an objective evaluation of the art because of that, you should not, under any circumstances, provide an "evaluation". Nobody gives a shit about your taste. If you have no valuable insight for a piece of work, you should learn to shut the fuck up.
>>
first of all, who started all this fucking mess?
>>
>>73793973
it's not
sorry
>>
>>73791227
>The Flaming Lips
>10/10 top kek
>>
>>73792090
>hoverhand
>uncomfortable smiles
Yes. Definitely.
>>
>>73793992
theres no such thing as an objective evaluation of art you autist
>>
>>73794128
Yes there is, I suggest doing a simple google search for "objective definition" and looking at multiple dictionaries along with example sentences, instead of throwing around words despite having no idea what they mean, you illiterate dimwit.
>>
>>73794164
>>73794128
regarding to music, i think the only objective way to evaluate is by originality, the rest are just personal preferences.
>>
>>73794207
originality is subjective...
>>
>>73794226
Use a dictionary, you're a fucking embarrassment of the human species.
>>
>>73794241
creativity is subjective too.
>>
>>73791227
>ho99o9
>the only 0.5 rating

Kill yourself my man
>>
>>73794226
how? i don't think so in any way
>>
>>73794264
subjectivity is centrifugal therefore opinions are velocity.
>>
>>73790145
That's what the cover is for. A visual reminder.
>>
>>73794274
we can't objectively say whether an album is original or not.
>>
>>73794299
yes we can? is something new we can't find in any of the releases of the past? then it is, has someone already did it?, then is not
>>
>>73794299
But we can deduct metamorphosis of an album's auditorial convectionalisation to determine the velocidensity of its audiogauge.
>>
>>73793992
calm down you retard that post only mentioned reviews and ratings because of the idiot he replied to who brought it up for no reason in the first place.
>>
>>73794330
for example i could say that artist x's last album is original, you will say it's not.
here you go, originality is subjective.
>>
>>73794379
That's because one of you has heard something like it and one of you hasn't
>>
>>73790864
Is that Scaruffi? Ahahahaha
>>
>>73794379
but it can be traced back if it was original or not by doing simple research on your phone so you can think you're right all you want but you can be proven wrong right on the spot within seconds.
>>
>>73794379
you have to prove why is original, if i show you something with the same/similar style/technique or whatever, i can say that it's not

for example, if i say that white light/white heat it's not original i have to show what earlier albums did that noise & rock mashup thing, is anyone? maybe some artists that contributed to the concept of the albums in other kind of music, for example you can hear some influence in lou reed solos of ornette coleman with free jazz but something like "noise rock" before? i don't think so, there you go, i can't say it's unoriginal, originality is objective
>>
File: is all subjectivs guys.png (138KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
is all subjectivs guys.png
138KB, 500x500px
>>73794368
>I am such an intellectual invalid the only discussions I am capable of consist of postulations and unsupported theses. Ergo, I believe no objective truth exists, I believe "objectivity" is a synonym for quantifiable universal fact and simple reasoning is beyond my mental grasp
>>
>>73794501
Good job of missing the entire point of this thread about music related things i.e. the epitome of subjectivism you pseudo-intellectual brainlet. In fact, this meme and greentext are completely useless on this board. What are you doing anon?
>>
>>73794843
Do you think objective opinions are an oxymoron?
>>
>>73794442
nothing is original
>>
>>73794501
lol look at this idiot
>>
>>73794874
it obviously is
doesnt mean its bad
>>
>>73792190
>isn't it strange, rym is full of teenagers and young adults but the top100 is mostly dad rock
How is that even possible? All those edgy hipsters still listening to the same old cliche albums?
>>
>>73795033
>it obviously is
I'm afraid it's not. You, on the other hand, are indeed a moron, my dude.
>>
>>73795065
im not him and both words obviously contradict each other
i didnt mean the meanig of it
>>
>>73795128
Why don't you come back when you actually get a decent grasp of the English language and therefore can formulate sound, comprehensive arguments. You're being an absolute fucking idiot right now.
>>
I rate strictly on how much I enjoy them and expect others to do the same.
>>
>>73795163
/thread
>>
>>73795161
>You're being an absolute fucking idiot right now.
Lmao. Shouldn't you be posting retarded banter like this one >>73794501 on a music board anon?
>>
>>73794501
out of the most retarded strawman MS Paint comics I've seen while browsing this site, this one is among the top 3 worst
>>
>>73795128
based troll
>>
>>73795326
>BIG BAD MEAN GUY WITH BIG BAD MEAN WORDS >:(
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

not him and i'm american btw
>>
>>73794874
why did you ask him >>73794843 this question?
>>
>>73795409
he's saying an objective opinion exists and is better than a subjective one even in art
>>
>>73795381
Great argument fagtron. Now that you got that out of the way, you wanna explain to me how objectivity is impossible with music (despite you still being unable to come to terms with the fact that you have no idea what the word "objective" means, nor how to formulate and present a convincing argument in general)?
>>
>>73795475
>he thinks that was me
Dude you're a paranoid trainwreck lmao
>>
>>73795475
what's your profile? i like being friends with people who are like you
>>
daily reminder that /rym/ invented the expanding brain meme now popular worldwide with normies
>>
Do all the cute girls know you guys spend your free time arguing semantics on a Burmese sheep sheering forum?
>>
>>73795546
>I have absolutely nothing to contribute but I'll keep posting empty mcdonalds bag equivalents of shitposts because I'm just clueless as to how much of a vapid twit I am and I totally can't get over myself
I can see that you're an American now
>>73795571
What profile?
>>
>>73794501
who cares why do you care
if you were focused more on the music itself and not this dumb quest for individuality you wouldn't be whining
>>
>>73793473
He never had, people often bring up how he writes a lot of reviews but say so little.

Worst kind of music critic. Nothing but "this is good/bad" on an album basis opposed to taking risks and having a greater view
>>
>>73795612
WHAT
?
>>
>>73795690
Yes, what profile. I have many different profiles. A skype profile, a discord profile, a gmail profile, an ebay profile, a pornhub profile, a rutracker profile, a Runescape profile, etc.
What specific profile are you inquiring about?
>>
>>73790451
+3
Rate
Sleep Well Beast

Why do people like this shitty band so much? Theyre so fucking boring
>>
>>73795775
the first word of the thread title you degenerate normie
>>
>>73795846
Had you the attention span to follow a conversation for more than two posts you'd realise I don't have a RYM profile.
>normie
The way people who use this term completely fail to see the irony of it never ceases to amaze me.
>>
>>73795627
Those faggots sometimes say "i dont like writing/reading long reviews".. which is annoying. I hate short reviews. it sounds like someone who just wants to act like hes familiar with an album by writing some snarky message
>>
>>73795872
>attention span
you get asked to post your profile in a thread about rym and its users. you might want to pay attention to the thread title next time.
>don't have
glad you're keeping yourself busy today
>completely fail to see the irony
likewise you retard
>>
>>73790198

no its a database first
>>
>>73795872
Not him but stop posting, you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>73791468
t. literal underage
>>
>>73796078
nice btfo
>>
>>73794164
illiterate= unable to read or write
maybe you should learn to use words correctly you major autist
>>
>>73794501
jesus christ just kill yourself
>>
>>73794264
>creativity is subjective too.
no, that's your interpretation.
>>
>>73796431
subjective interpretation just like 'creativity is objective' is your subjective interpretation
>>
>>73796545
is that your interpretation?
>>
>>73790864
If you don't derive even a minimal amount of pleasure from the sounds you're hearing but rate something highly because it seemed "artful" or "experimental", that's a sign of pseudo-intellectualism at work, or you're just lying to yourself.
There's so much experimental music that I love, and just because I don't constantly have that kind of stuff on regular rotation doesn't mean that the moments I do listen to it aren't an absolute joy.
>>
So much autism in one thread
>>
>>73795872
I like how you shut up. Fucking loser.
>>
>>73790195
jesus christ how did you even find this website? do you not understand basic english?
Thread posts: 193
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.