[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what genre is going to overtake hiphop/become the new norm at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4875.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4875.png
1MB, 750x1334px
what genre is going to overtake hiphop/become the new norm at the turn of the decade ?

I think possibly a shoegaze/new wave hybrid with an emphasis on synthesizers
>>
lol why? hip-hop isn't exactly decreasing in popularity
>>
edm
>>
>>73788337
that's some massive wishful thinking here

I think we're over the whole "indie whiny feels shoegaze waaah waaah no gf" phase and new wave isn't gonna catch on with new generations
>>
>>73788353
something new and fresh is going to come and catch the public eye and will be the downfall of hip hop
>>
>>73788337
>I think possibly a shoegaze/new wave hybrid with an emphasis on synthesizers
you've really got your finger on the spirit of the age huh?
>>
>>73788366
What about Industrial/Noise Rock/Techno hybrid?
>>
>>73788507
Yeah I'm def expecting industrial to make a hard comeback here in about 3-5 years, I keep picking up on more and more hints of it production-wise in popular tracks
>>
EDM
>>
>>73788375
hah, you wish.
>>
>>73788337
>I think possibly a shoegaze/new wave hybrid with an emphasis on synthesizers
why would you even think that.
>>
>>73788639
bc im clueless
>>
>>73788691
it shows.
>>
>>73788337
once the cultural influence from the West dies in the next decade (EDM, hiphop, pop won't be relevant anymore, and rock died around 2000 anyway), China will be the main cultural center.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsCAw-ilf_c
Or maybe something exciting will emerge from Europe now that they are culturally revitalized by migrants.
>>
>>73788698
shut the fuck up nerd
>>
File: 1475717629579.png (40KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
1475717629579.png
40KB, 152x254px
>>73788735
>culturally revitalized
>>
>>73788735
Too bad their migrants believe amusements like music are haram.
>>
Some identity politics music. so probably queer pop like arca and perfume genius also strong women fronted bands.
>>
I think Punk is gonna make a revival as well as anti-government based stuff. I can see rap entering it's golden age with kendrick.
>>
heres a thought, what if, instead of being an old dead genre, its something new?

other than that Id say some hepcat music, something you can relly swing and jive and smoke a cigarette to
>>
>>73788846
is it even possible to make a new genre (that isn't something post-avant-microtonal-nu-core)
>>
>>73788846
In truth, "new" genres in pop music haven't emerged since the 40s. Every single movement in pop music since then has been a permutation of existing genres.

Hepcat music was just one of the many stages of jazz. It was new in the context of jazz, but it was still jazz.
>>
Not as a huge new thing, but I can easily synthpunk becoming significantly bigger.
>>
File: fantasyrap.jpg (114KB, 600x524px) Image search: [Google]
fantasyrap.jpg
114KB, 600x524px
Medieval Folk/Hip-Hop
>>
>>73788929
>Electronic doesn't exist
>>
>>73788337
did you... did you screenshot a meme for the OP?
>>
>>73788877
church-core,
like hardcore but with renaissance polyphony
>>
>>73788337
Synthy shoegaze already happened. I dont see albums like Era Extrana becoming hip.

I'd love to see a music scene similar to Stereolab's sound, tho.
>>
My money's on vaporwave
>>
>>73788929
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>73788337
If it's shoegaze then I'll buy a radio.
>>
File: fellowChristians.jpg (336KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
fellowChristians.jpg
336KB, 900x720px
Christian Rock will be the next to be degenerated by the jews
>>
>>73790083
Christcucks already love hip-hop and race mixing, so this is entirely possible. I live in the fucking deep south, and when I used to attend church, about 50% of the white girls there had black boyfriends and smoked.
>>
Literally nobody but bullied teenagers listen to shoegaze
>>
Dreampop will become the normal genre and shoegaze will become the new "rock".
>>
>>73790109
Whereas Satancucks fuck men, do drugs and become trannies.
>>
File: daddy-yankee.jpg (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
daddy-yankee.jpg
1MB, 1200x1200px
>>73788337
Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee will coalesce into a duet called Daddy Fonsi and take over the music industry by continuously pulling earworm songs out of their dicks. When they have bought all of the major record labels around the globe, they will rename them all to one single "Yankee Records" label and thus seizing all music production. At that point they will abolish any and all pseudoartist who's in it for the money. They will continue to pull songs like Despacito out of their asses to keep the masses happy while they fire industry icons and replace them with the most avant-garde and virtuoso people they can find. They will turn the page on the industrialization of music and bring about a new era of musical creativity and experimentation, using the money they earn from their massive hits to produce the music of the future. Word peace comes next.
>>
>>73790250
World*

Forgive my autism.

Also, captcha:
>clegg ocean
>>
>>73788337
>what genre is going to overtake hiphop/become the new norm at the turn of the decade ?
I dont think this style could possibly be diverse enough to overtake hiphop but you;re half right in that it's very prevalent in indie music. There's a lot of dream pop coming out with synths, but also some retro kind of throwbacks in the sound - see: Jay Som, Japanese Breakfast etc.
>>
>>73790466
Also worth noting how some of the hypnogogia from vaporwave is making appearances in popular music as well as fashion (sadly stripped of the subversion of vaporwave but thats a different story).
I think we might start to see more chopping and distortion of vocals, as well as trippier synths and retro sounds.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.