[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is RYM full of basement-dwelling hipster faggots who worship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: favicon.png (33KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
favicon.png
33KB, 256x256px
Why is RYM full of basement-dwelling hipster faggots who worship anything that Pitchfork gives a high ranking for?
>>
>>73788164
no its full of underage pseuds and old farts
>>
i wish OP was wrong but i'd like to see one, just one album in the 2010s charts that isn't full of mouthbreathers making real-time predictions of how the p4k or fantano score will affect the release average. it's staggering how many people seem to care about something so useless
>>
Sal and Katie forever, one casket, one urn, one world order.

"I've been waiting my life for this. Will you? Will you wait a life time with me?"
>>
>>73788324
"Wait for me" she said.
>>
L "Y" J The Most Blunted
>>
>>73788327
"Soon" he cooed. He dropped the glass hard and as it hit a glint of light bounced from his window and leaped onto his shirt. The nipple indent made it clear what had been under.
>>
>>73788339
Water spilled.

"Wait for me. Wait for me x10,000. Sal and Katie every day."
>>
>>73788345
The bath drew silently.
>>
>>73788352
The cloud of a Calico passed silently overhead.

"who told you you could leave?"
>>
>>73788164
You could say the same about /mu/ honestly

Don't let statistics bother you, there's worse albums on other charts. You ever taken a good look at albums that have won album of the year at the Grammys, or albums that have sold 10 million copies or more and got certified diamond by the RIAA? Both lists are about as mediocre and uneventful as the next. Both lists even share many of the same albums (No Jacket Required, Joshua Tree, Jagged Little Pill, The Bodyguard, etc). Being slightly less exposed to the majority of the public doesn't put you in any further a place away of having mediocre lists.

That being said, I'd have a bit of a better time listening to RYM's top 100 over the just under 100 albums that've reached diamond from the RIAA (not counting greatest hits albums), or the grammys' AOTY list. RYM's top 100 is mostly just 60s-70s rock (Bowie, Jimi Hendrix), Bob Dylan and Radiohead albums, some 90s rock albums (Doolittle, Nevermind) and a few other miscellaneous albums thrown in like Endtroducing, Illmatic and such. There's some albums in there I enjoy quite a bit, but I'd still find the rest of it just decent. Wouldn't be hard to do though. The RIAA? There's some nice stuff in there, like Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness and Thriller, but you'll also have to sit through an album by Creed, Nickelback, MC Hammer and Kenny G, among other things. The Grammys? Mostly parrots the RIAA's diamond list (doesn't include the 4 artists I just mentioned, though), but there's also a fair share of mediocre things on their list. I'd say it's slightly better than the RIAA's list.

But regardless, just do you. Listen to what you like. Don't let what people like annoy you. Nobody's forcing you to listen to any of these albums. If someone like this is bugging you, just try your best to not talk to them if they annoy you that much. Take up crate digging if you wanna talk to people who like music that's more obscure. We could talk your ear off about stuff we've found
>>
Sadly, everyone has shit taste. The internet is no exception.
>>
meme
>>
>>73788164
you sound single
>>
>>73788164
>>73788198
aren't you talking about /mu/
>>73788372
yeah this
RYM has problems but it still approves better music than /mu/
>>
>>73790954
exactly - nobody that really puts time into RYM would dream of admitting to following P4K
>>
>>73788372
wtf am I reading? Why are you talking about the grammys?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.