[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All-right /mu/ Who is the greatest rapper alive? Let's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: 3IcJnYj - Imgur.gif (1MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
3IcJnYj - Imgur.gif
1MB, 720x540px
All-right /mu/
Who is the greatest rapper alive?

Let's try to keep it civil.
>>
>>
>>73778634
Kendrick Lamar
>>
Doom
>>
>>73778634
>>
Mac Demarco
>>
>>73778675
lmao
>>
>>73778946
Let me guess, your greatest rapper is Lil Pump.
>>
>>73778634
Chuck D
>>
>>73778967
>>73778675
Bummer in the summer
>>
me
>>
>>73779057
this guy
>>
>>73779057
this guy again
>>
>>73779057
yep
>>
File: 1498154256057.jpg (37KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
1498154256057.jpg
37KB, 526x526px
Viper
>>
I am.

check em.
>>
>>73779126
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack is the best song. Can anyone name a song by that poser Lil B?
>>
Ugly Mane or Denzel Curry maybe
>>
>>73779590
Oh I thought you meant active rappers nvm
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>73778634
None
>>
>>73779057
>>73779067
>>73779110
>>73779118
These guys (are a samefag)
>>
>>73779788
/bread
>>
Eric b & rakim and q-tip from tribe are the only rappers that you have to know in your life.
>>
my uncle he's really popular on the blogs and message boards
>>
Canibus
>>
File: king kenny.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
king kenny.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
Don't feel like posting The Top 50 Rappers of All Time but it's objectively King Kenny.
>>
>>73778634
>Who is the greatest rapper alive?
That's hard to say. My vote would be tied with Rakim and Eminem. Ra is the god, you don't need to explain him. Em has the highest diversity of styles and flows of any rapper, he has made a good version(or guest verse) of every sub-genre of rap, that takes skill.

And Technique is an underrated goat, best political rapper and best rapper with a message.
>>
>>73778634
1: Scarface
2: Nas
3: Andre 3000
4: Eminem
5: Jay-Z
>>
Kool Genius of Rap
>>
MC Ride. Not even memeing.
>>
Kool Keith
>>
>>73778634
>greatest rapper in terms of discography
kendrick lamar
>greatest rapper in terms of influence
pac
>greatest rapper in terms of lyricism
doom
>>
>>73784081
Eminem is the answer, imo. Even with the flaws in his discography, he's GOAT by every metric in terms of actually rapping. His flow is constantly evolving for better or for worse. What other rapper has his chops and/or success and is that experimental with flows after that long?

There are underground, backpacker dudes that can probably top his intricacy, after being directly influenced by him, but they aren't nearly as well-rounded.

Technique can be sick at times, but has an awkward-ass flow a lot of the time. His over-the-top political ranting and obscure references are great and often hilarious, but I don't think he has the appeal or skills of rappers in the solquarian movement that was big in the late 90s or whatever. He does put on a great show.
>>
objective top 5 Greatest of all time:

5. Rakim
4. 2pac
3. Lil Wayne
2. Eminem
1. Jay-Z

Greatness is measured by commercial success, cultural relevance and influence, lyricism, songwriting, career longevity, classic projects, influence outside of the immediate rap community, business accumen/putting on other rappers. when considering all of these Jay is the GOAT by a pretty wide margin. I've thought about this alot and would love to discuss it.

also if Kendrick's career continues the direction it seems to be going he will knock off Rakim with his next project.
>>
YO BOI YO, YO SSS AHH
>>
>>73785675
let me break it down a little farther

>Rakim
the most influential rapper of all time basically single handedly created flowing as we know it today. 2-3 classic projects
>2pac
the most culturally impactful rapper. there is no kanye without 2pac, and without kanye there is no current rap. his death mythologized him but he was doing great things in movies and probably would have been similar to a more political jay-z. not the most technical rapper on the list but one of the most charismatic and emotive rappers to ever touch the mic
>Lil Wayne
4 classic projects (C2 C3 D2 Drought3) commercial behemouth inarguable king of rap from about 06-11 when he passed it on to drake, who is still at the top. put on drake and nicki created the career of tyga. insane lyrical weird-outs and brand new ways of flowing over a beat. Wayne could be argued to be more influential on the modern rap scene than kanye.
2. Eminem
made rap mainstream. 3 classic albums. top 5 most technically profficient rapper ever. not huge influence in the culture as you would think but to this day "i dont like rap but i love eminem" rings through middle school hallways.
1. Jay-Z
dense lyrics, unmatched swagger, put on the biggest artist of our generation, also j cole & jay electronica who are two pretty highly regarded in the mainstream and underground respectively, 6 arguable classic albums (RD V3 B1 Black AG and possibly 444 depending on how it ages) the biggest rapper who doesnt have to rap. larger than life character. the best beef of all time, became larger than rap while still embodying everything that a rapper was is and should be he is the archetype of "big rapper". basically Jay created the image of rapper that we have today and his influence on the culture is insane.

there are better rappers than the goats, more interesting rappers than the goats, arguably more successful rappers, but i think those 5 embody everything good about hip hop from the new and old generations
>>
Everyone's looking over my boy Jeff Lynne

https://youtu.be/BDhJU_cNCZE
The best verse is at 1:30
>>
>>73784586
>>73785704
Fucking this all the way
>>
>>73778634
literally being settled right now in "spitaversewhiteboi" thread
>>
>>73784677
The perfect response holy shit.
>>
>>73778634
well if you didn't say alive I would say Young Thug
>>
>>73778634
Tie between XXXTentacion and Slug Christ.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.