[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a new MP3 player, but it's been years and I really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 71ovzDn0H9L._SX355_.jpg (12KB, 355x245px) Image search: [Google]
71ovzDn0H9L._SX355_.jpg
12KB, 355x245px
I need a new MP3 player, but it's been years and I really don't know what the market is like right now. Mostly I just see either really low quality devices, or ones packed with too many features.

My only real requirements are I want it to be able to play FLAC, WAV and MP3 and have a hold switch (as in a physical switch somewhere on the device, that when activated, makes every other button inoperable)

I really don't need it to do anything other than play music files. Radio and EQ would be nice but I'd prefer to have no touch screens, app capabilities, video, etc etc

I'm willing to buy some older model that fits my needs

Thanks
>>
Get an ipod classic and put rockbox on it. Then you have your switch, and you can play flac and wav. Be sure to check compatibility before you do cause i think the ipod 6 has some problems with rockbox. hope this helps.
>>
link for lazy people https://www.rockbox.org/
>>
>>73778472
Sony walkman, it has a screen and a circle pad to choose songs, volume controls and has a button that prevents other buttons from being pressed (locks it), I use it all the time and I got it for £50
>>
>>73778571
I have one of those now, I really don't like it. The Hold feature is inconvenient, and the software isn't that good.

One thing I forgot to mention when I made the thread is I really need gapless playback and the Walkman just doesn't do that.

>>73778525
>>73778554
I'll look into this option. Do you mean whatever latest model of classic there is?
>>
>>73778631
Yeah admittedly it is kind of clunky and does get in the way, just get the classic like other anon says OP
>>
The newest model is the 7, and people like the DAC on the 5 and the 7 is incompatible so if you can i would go for the 5. Apple made this weird version the community calls the 5.5 (which i think is the 6'th released one) so i would just advise you to do your homework and figure out which one you want to get.
cheers m8
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-14-14-24-21.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-14-14-24-21.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
>>73778472
Been using the new FiiO x1 since it came out and I love it.
>>
>>73778472
Consider Cowon. The interface is unintuitive as fuck (you get use to it though) but the prices, the build quality and the battery are good and the sound quality is excelent, and most of them should have the lock button. You should also check out fiio if you're willing to have something bulky
>>
Why not just use your phone?
>>
>>73779197
Basically, I want to be able to still receive notifications without interrupting the music, not have my music player get battery power drained needlessly by all the shit a phone has to do, as well as not have my phone get drained by playing music, have the ability to plug my player into a speaker and still use my phone from a distance, use my music player in places/situations where I dont bring my phone.

I just like having them be separate things. I want to spend less time on my phone and enjoy listening to music as an activity in and of itself.

>>73778920
I've never heard of them, I'll give it a shot
>>
>>73779278
I get your point. Got me thinking about getting one myself actually
>>
Sansa Clip+ used to be the best. It was cheap as hell (around $20 bucks), had a microSD card slot, good rockbox support, great sound, great battery life, no touch screen, etc etc. There wasn't a physical lock button, but a combination of buttons would do it instead.

And then the fuckers discontinued it in favor of new models that, the last time I checked, were shit. You just motivated me to go check if any of that's changed. Looks like they can't even run rockbox anymore because they have *less* RAM now (how can you have less RAM than a $20 music player from about a decade ago?).

In short: Clip+ is awesome if you can find one cheap. Otherwise, sandisk is dead to me.
>>
>>73779552
+1 for the clip

Bought a refurbished one off ebay, lasted me a good 3-4 years until the flash memory started acting up to the point of uselessness.

Put rockbox on it, and it'll play 10 times more audio formats than your average pc, and with better sound quality too.

Also it's tiny, has an sd slot and a clip.
>>
>>73779552
so many good memories with the sansa clip. i just stream now, but the clip takes me back
>>
>>73779790
I still use mine everyday, it's probably 5+ years old now. Crossfeed, gapless playback, sleep timer...so many nice features with rockbox.
>>
>>73778525
This desu.

I've had an iPod classic since I was 10 and it lasted me up to a few weeks ago, but not because it stopped working; I lost in the street skateboarding lel

But yeah, iPod classic, 120 GB if you can. They don't make them new anymore unfortunately but there's plenty online for the time being.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.