[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every musician you ever listened to was indirectly or directly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: buddy-holly-1.jpg (27KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
buddy-holly-1.jpg
27KB, 768x432px
Every musician you ever listened to was indirectly or directly influenced by Buddy Holly.
>>
literally who
>>
Who knew Buddy Holly travelled 250 years into the past and played in front of Bach
>>
UUUWEEEEEUUUUUUUU
>>
*chuck berry
>>
is that the guy from the band Weezer?
>>
even the beatles named themselves after his band, the crickets
>>
How was Bach influenced by Buddy Holly?
>>
is that elton john?
>>
>>73774975

he had the hardest guitar sound for his day. Definitely deserves his due.
>>
>>73774975
PEGGGYYY SUEEEE PEGGGY SUEEE OOOO HOW MY HEART YEEEEEEEEEERNS FOR YOU
>>
>>73774975
The fact that he died at 22 years old is absurd. Imagine if he lived at least 10 years longer. It just saddens me.
>>
>>73774975
BLUE DAYS, BLACK NIGHTS, BLUE TEARRSSS KEEP ON FALLIN FOR YOU DEARRRRRR, NOW YOU'RE GONEEE
>>
File: scaruffi.jpg (17KB, 260x300px) Image search: [Google]
scaruffi.jpg
17KB, 260x300px
>>73774975
>Buddy Holly was even more of an "enfant prodige": he also died at 22, but left behind an impressive corpus of songs. He radically altered the image of rock'n'roll. Wearing glasses and a formal high-school outfit, he represented the exact opposite of the juvenile delinquent. His childish, naive optimism contrasted with the nasty, morbid world of the other rockers. His lyrics reached for the primal child in every teenager: they were made of onomatopoetic tongue-twisters and of "baby talk" (syllables, rather than words, silly repetitions, trifling rhymes). His vocal phrasing was a recital of exaggerated tones of voice, hiccupping from bass to falsetto, a nonsense lingo of guttural ejaculations and martial slogans. His music was catchy, but set to bizarre accompaniments (clapping, tom-toms, celeste), distilled from blues, tex-mex, folk, pop and country. That'll Be The Day (1957) and Peggy Sue (1957) were his rockabilly masterpieces, but Words Of Love (1958), Everyday, It's So Easy and Well All Right already belonged to another genre, a form of jangling, melodic music straddling the line between folk and rock, and arranged in creative ways. In many ways, Holly was the first of the singer-songwriters. Last but not least, his Crickets forged the standard of the rock band: their line-up was two guitars, drums and bass; they wrote their own material, and the sound of their songs mainly relied on their playing (not on session musicians or orchestras).
>>
>>73774975
WHAT'S WITH THESE HOMIES
>>
>>73775116
Eh, I'd give that one to Link Wray or Eddie Cochran. Buddy was up there though.

>>73775144
I will always maintain his death was the biggest loss in modern music history. He was half a decade younger than Jimi or Kurt, and he died on the cusp of a huge shift in the sound of popular music.
>>
>>73775144
He probably would've gone done a country related path, if the careers of Elvis and the other white rock and rollers are anything to go by.
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=jFs32gZHEsE

How would you even describe this? It's an unfinished demo/rehearsal take, but unlike anything I've heard from the 50's.
>>
>>73775897
I actually think we would have gone down more of an adult-contemporary pop path. His final hits were "True Love Ways" and "It Doesn't Matter Anymore", both backed by a full orchestra.
>>
>>73775833
DISSIN' MY GIRL
>>
>>73775144
It is sad, but name me a pioneering rock and roller from 50's that made quality music in late 60's or so
>>
>>73775933
I mean, that still sounds similar to the way a lot of country stars went during the 60s with the Nashville Sound. I'm mainly basing this off his friendship with Waylon Jennings though.
>>
>>73775945
>Elvis had his artistic peak in '68/'69
>Jerry Lee Lewis was putting out acclaimed country albums
>Little Richard was doing insane soul-rock
>Del Shannon did an excellent psych-pop album

Not many, but it's not impossible.
>>
File: 1279180.jpg (42KB, 407x411px) Image search: [Google]
1279180.jpg
42KB, 407x411px
>>73775945
>plays a Native American flute
Let's not forget that a lot of blues masters from the late 40s to late 50s also put out some fine albums in the 60s and 70s.
>>
>>73775945

Link Wray selt titled
>>
>>73776144
>>73776143

oh baby beat me to it

also Dion had fantastic psych folk records
>>
>>73776143
>>73776144
RUMBLEMIND
>>
>>73774988
>not knowing who buddy Holly is

Is this level of ignorance even possible?
>>
File: 1214137.jpg (18KB, 280x286px) Image search: [Google]
1214137.jpg
18KB, 280x286px
Also we're forgetting about this guy. Even though he's technically an early 60s guy everyone still associates him with the 50s rock and roll crew.
>>
File: esquivel1.jpg (50KB, 350x465px) Image search: [Google]
esquivel1.jpg
50KB, 350x465px
He got the glasses from Esquivel. They were actually Mexican government issued glasses.
>>
File: wonderwhereimbound.jpg (32KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
wonderwhereimbound.jpg
32KB, 290x290px
getting slightly off topic here but I figure that the audience in this thread will appreciate this record

the title track and "Now" are especially great

>>73775906
really, really interesting version. When the instruments cut out and its just the vocals with the intense echo it shows what kind of ideas he was working with
>>
File: Capture.png (83KB, 604x285px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
83KB, 604x285px
>>
>>73774975
Autism speaks
>>
> dies with you
>>
EVERY DAY IT'S A-GETTING CLOSER
GOING FASTER THAN A ROLLERCOASTER
>>
>>73776308
lol epic!!!
>>
>>73777012
The song that created Sunday Morning and No Surprises afterwards

Talk about direct and indirect influence
>>
>>73776281
hey thats my fetish wtf
>>
>>73775811
If scaruffi was born 10 years earlier, he would have written about how shit Buddy Holly was.
>>
>>73775016
Where do you think he disappeared to? He is still travelling the past and future in that time machine plane. For all you know he IS Bach
>>
>>73774975
>rock and roll
>white

try again
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.