[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question to the fans of this source of potassium: Do you at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Question to the fans of this source of potassium:

Do you at least accept that Run Run Run and I'm Waiting for the Man are awfully generic rock-n-roll songs?
>>
>>73771825
This album is shit
Lou Reed is a talentless hack
>>
>>73771825
Dude what the fuck is this noromie music. Get off your roots and get yourself some Hector Lavoe my nigga.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7B2v3jnH5w
>>
File: rs-277-lou-reed.jpg (32KB, 782x439px) Image search: [Google]
rs-277-lou-reed.jpg
32KB, 782x439px
>>73771833
He is pointing at you
>>
Nope, Run Run Run isn't at all, just listen to the guitar riffs: incredibly dissonant. The whole tuning they use is pretty innovative, and sure that stays pretty much constant through the whole album but it's enough to make both those tracks way better than, say, The Beatles.

As for whether they're generic tracks otherwise, maybe, but they're fun as fuck
>>
>>73772151
Blues riffs are not dissonant anon.
>>
>>73772238
can you go back to not posting
>>
>>73771825
I bet you hate Loaded
>>
>>73771825
h i s t o r i c a l
c o n t e x t
>>
>>73772151
Other than the solo there is nothing dissonant about Run Run Run.
>>
>>73772389
By '67 most bands had dropped blues based rock n roll, it was old hat.
>>
>>73772429
Go read a book
>>
>>73772433
If you spent more time listening to music than reading you would know I'm right.
>>
>>73772151
In defense of this post, I first heard "Run, Run, Run" when I was 13 and was blown away by how dissonant and off-key the guitar solos sounded. It bothered because despite it "sounding terrible", it had me fuckin' going. I can understand deriding this song for not being experimental enough or whatever, but this song definitely deviates from standard blues soloing a fuckload. Actually, I challenge any anon to find me a blues solo that sounds like the solos in this song. Call the song shitty all you want, but calling it a generic blues song is simply incorrect
>>
>>73772443
And Bach's works are derivative. Fucking plebs.
>>
>>73772453
Solos aren't really part of "the song" if you want to be autistic about it, you don't get a writing credit for making a solo. You could change the solo and it would be the same song.
The chord progression, the rhythm, the little guitar licks between vocal lines, and the vocal melody are the song and it's standard blues stuff.
You can't make a generic buttrock song but add some harsh noise in the last 5 seconds and expect everyone to be convinced that it's some avant garde masterpiece.
>>
>>73772503
You're not wrong, but my whole point was that it's not a generic blues song, not that it's an avant-garde masterpiece. I just think it's a unique song because I can't think of any other traditional blues track that attempts this disjointed style of soloing, excepting some Kinks songs if you're stretching really hard.

And just to clarify, I don't think The Velvet Underground is that good at all, in fact I don't think Run, Run, Run is even actually a good song. I'm just saying, you can't just discount the unique part of a song because the rest of the track isn't unique.
>>
>>73771825
I'm not the biggest fan of Run Run Run but I' Waiting for the Man has this pumping urgency and cool swagger making it pretty pretty gr8 m8
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.