[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SJWs hate rock music because it's exclusively white. They

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: fantano_2.jpg (116KB, 640x438px) Image search: [Google]
fantano_2.jpg
116KB, 640x438px
SJWs hate rock music because it's exclusively white. They are the people who claim white people stole jazz and rock from black people.
That said, there are plenty leftists in rock. But, you can't take emotion from sound. Distorted guitar and bass with satanic riffs by definition have very aggressive, powerful, masculine undertone. And yes, there are very few blacks in rock. Also, it has gradually pushed away all black influences it had.
>>
Did Melon actually say this?
>>
cringe

also I attend the DIY le indie queercore SJW shows in my area to smoke weed for free and it's all rock music so suck a dick
>>
>>73759835
>I attend the DIY le indie queercore SJW shows in my area to smoke weed for free
cringe
>>
>>73759835
he's talking about RAWK. you're talking about indie ukulele weezer cover rock
>>
>>73759835
Rock is stuff like The Stones, Zappa, Steely Dan, The Replacements, Sonic Youth, Bowie, Zeppelin, etc. Beach house and War on Drugs are not rock
>>
4chan's favourite boogieman, the SJW, hates all kinds of music.
>>
All the "SJWs" I know listen to punk or just rock in general so I don't know what you're talking about, melonhead.
>>
>>73759224
>They are the people who claim white people stole jazz and rock from black people.
Except they did
>>
>>73760142
t. SJW
>>
>>73760169
Tell me how I am wrong.
>>
I have never met a single person who "hates rock music." Please go outside.
>>
>>73760171
you're not wrong.
it's just something that's kinda irrelevant ya know?
I think OP was is more or less referring to when the "SJWs" bring it up as a negative characteristic of rock
>>
>>73760313
>it's just something that's kinda irrelevant ya know?
I think it can be relevant. If someone thinks Dave Brubeck is better than people like Charlie Parker, Thelonious Monk, Miles Davis, then you know it's not just a musical angle for them but probably a racial angle.
>>
Anyone who even basic knowledge of rock history knows this is completely pulled from your ass.
>>
>>73760336
or they just like Brubeck better? What a baseless conclusion
>>
>>73759224
>Also, it has gradually pushed away all black influences it had.

Call and response is still pretty prominent in rock music
>>
For me, the golden age of rock was cut short by the success of the Beatles, which could be dated either 1964 or 1966. UK artists had contributed important hits to the pop field—but the triumph of the Beatles formula shifted pop away from the breakthrough of the late Fifties. The Beatles were essentially a music-hall “kid” act, limited to a four-square, discrete-pitch vocabulary. (They knew American ethnic music only by rumor.) They found and crystallized the segment with the best numbers—early teens who wanted something more bland than actual rock. At this point, the regime of maximum sales backfired, as one might well have expected it to.

The “youth” craze of the Sixties became increasingly dubious (from flower power to Altamont), and the Beatles and their imitators morphed, leading their fans to a mystique of consumerist dissipation. (Carnaby Street and “Yellow Submarine.”) For me, the Beatles’ consummate song was “Revolution,” which begins “If you wanna make a revolution, count me out.” It served as the anthem for all the mediocrities who responsed to the stresses of the late twentieth century by embracing institutional co-optation.
>>
>>73759224
>But, you can't take emotion from sound. Distorted guitar and bass with satanic riffs...
mfw "emotion" in modern corporate rock
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 1600x990px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 1600x990px
>>73760363
Thanks, Bateman
>>
>>73759224
I'm a SJW and I listen to rock pretty much exclusively.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.