[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So. Is Discovery Daft Punk's best album? Everyone I talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Daft_Punk_-_Discovery.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Daft_Punk_-_Discovery.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
So.
Is Discovery Daft Punk's best album? Everyone I talk to seems to think so.
>>
human after all is their only good album
>>
>>73758827
Well, that answered my question quickly.
>>
I prefer Homework
>>
>>73758815
I prefer Homework
>>
>>73758815
Homework is their only good one, and it's barely above a 7 itself
>>
File: Piero Scaruffi 2.jpg (354KB, 770x1027px) Image search: [Google]
Piero Scaruffi 2.jpg
354KB, 770x1027px
If their debut was basically built around the manic (and often lengthy) exploration of one idea, Discovery appears to be just the opposite concept: the superficial scanning of a number of several different ideas; more tracks and less redundancy, shorter tracks and broader range. The first album was a caricature of house music, and the sophomore album is no less devoted to retro kitsch (vocoder, disco-era keyboards, vintage guitars).

The duo are masters of psychoanalysing nostalgia, and one can read far more in the tribal orgy 'Crescendolls', in the ridiculously percussive 'Superheroes' and in the syncopated loop of 'High Life' (all extremely elementary and grounded in massively repetitive patterns) than a mere postcard from past decades.

6/10
>>
I guess a better question would be what's their best song. I personally prefer Fresh, but the most popular would probably be Around the World or Get Lucky.
>>
>>73758882
it's absurd to think that scaruffi is still only the second biggest hack , failing to surpass christgau
>>
>>73758815
I prefer Human After All.
>>
I prefer your Human After All
>>
I used to really like Discovery and think it was their best growing up listening to it, but what it is is pop house(though its still good at that). Homework is a much better album generally.
>>
File: interstella.jpg (165KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
interstella.jpg
165KB, 1024x768px
The Leiji Matsumoto directed music videos and film justify the existence of Daft Punk. As an oldschool /m/ fan, I was stunned to see that shit on the music channels back at the turn of the millennium.
>>
Definitely their best. And RAM is second best.
>>
>>73758894
Something About Us
>>
>>73758815
Form your own opinions
>>
These days I honestly prefer RAM. Discovery is way too repetitive.
>>
>>73758917
Christgau is the king of numales though so you have to give him some respect
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.