[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is thrash metal the logical conclusion to rock and all guitar-driven

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: Slayer - Show No Mercy.jpg (31KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
Slayer - Show No Mercy.jpg
31KB, 301x300px
Is thrash metal the logical conclusion to rock and all guitar-driven music for that matter?
>>
>>73750485
wouldnt that be Post-Rock?
>>
>>73750523
That's the gay artsy way that rock went which led to a creative dead end. Whereas, thrash metal went in the most pure rock direction by being louder and faster and more energetic and catchy and more technical and skilled than the original rock, then the hard rock, then traditional metal. I say Thrash metal instead of black metal and death metal because thrash metal is still recognizably a descendant of rock, pushed to its furthest boundaries.
>>
I wish we could reach the logical conclusion of "logical conclusion" questions. In the way you're putting it though, yeah.
>>
>>73750485
Not quite, it's actually death metal.
>>
>>73750485
Black Metal is the logical conclusion to Thrash.
>>
>>73751086
>>73751136
Like I said in the other post, those genres are too far away from rock to be considered rock, and they are much more reliant on drums and atmosphere techniques. I say it's thrash because thrash is still recognizably hard rock/heavy metal, except it's pushed to the absolute limits of what they have to work with within that realm of music without becoming something completely different like DM and BM.
>>
>>73750485
Why is it that whenever someone mentions thrash metal, all they want to talk about is this shitty Slayurrrr album?
>>
>>73751239
Show No Mercy is pure music kino.
>>
Old School Death Metal.

Best of things that sound like rock music. Best of things that would supplement that sound. Full of a large variety of hook AND visceral intensity which ultimately make up popular music since the blues/jazz/rock n roll age.
>>
>>73751247
Pure faggotry, more like.
>>
>>73751239
I can talk about all kinds of thrash metal, but every time I post my obscure thrash metal favorites the post gets no replies because the plebs on here don't instantly recognize it. What the other poster said is right though, SNM is a fucking amazing album, I can listen to it over and over and it never gets old.
>>73751257
This is the only thing in the thread that could be argued to be more extended rock than even thrash.
>>
>>73751282
You can no doubt suck dick over and over again without it getting old.
>>
>>73751329
>trying this hard to dislike one of the best metal bands of the 80s
Go back to /mu/ with your underage contrarianism. This thread is /metal/ territory.
>>
>>73751369
It's the greatest band of all time (if you're a freshman in high school)
>>
>>73751441
You have no argument, you can't deny that Slayer is good. You literally have to try really hard to not like them, you entry-level pleb. Nobody is falling for your feigning of ""elite"" taste.
>>
>>73751490
>LITRALLY

There isn't anything good about Curry King wanking all over his guitar randomly, or Jeff "wormfood" Hanneman writing edgy nazi lyrics.
>>
>>73751519
Thanks for confirming that you've never listened to Show No Mercy.
Nazi lyrics came two albums later, you fucking pleb.
>>
>>73751535
I'm not talking about Show No Mercy anymore, it's unanimously garbage. I'm responding to your assertion that they were the greatest band of the 80's.

The Final Command was about nazis, so you're doubly retarded.
>>
File: call an ambulance.png (385KB, 525x580px) Image search: [Google]
call an ambulance.png
385KB, 525x580px
>>73751519
>nazi lyrics are the problem
You are the problem here, go back to tumblr you limp-wristed unfunny faggot, you are the reason /mu/ is so shit.
>>
>>73751556
>The Final Command was about nazis, so you're doubly retarded.
And it was a great song, stop LARPing as a literal child who can't handle popular 20th century ideologies.
>>
>>73751562
Yes, generic boring songwriting isn't the problem. It's my hurtful criticism.

You can go on Tumblr and blog about how some shitlord insulted your favorite band and you're shaking in your eBay high-tops.
>>
>>73751587
>thinks I wear high tops
>coming from the guy who wears flannels and unironically sucks cock
Way to out yourself
>>
>>73751572
>being a retarded skinhead is a popular 20th century ideology

Slayurrr fans, ladies and gentlemen.

The Final Command was such a great song that it took you that long to remember it.
>>
>>73751607
Thrash fags would wear anything if it gained them any popularity. That's how the genre killed itself in the first place.
>>
>>73751615
That was a different poster, and also skinheads unironically have better taste in music that you buddy.
>>
>>73751637
>a genre that was rejection of the conformism and normalfaggotry of glam is desperate to be popular
You have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>73751641
You say that without even knowing what I listen to. Keep grasping at those straws, you angry little klansman.

>>73751654
It rejected conformism up until Pantera and grunge came around. Anthrax turned into Alice in Chains, and then Limp Biskit; then Bathory began playing JUMPDAFUCKUP groove bullshit.
>>
>>73751683
>thinking Nazis and the fucking KKK are the same thing
Hooooooly shit, you're retarded.
>>
>>73751697
Oh yes, your retarded dead-end middle school ideologies you use to offend your mother are really worthy of separate designations.
>>
>>73751706
I'm not a Nazi or a Klansman, and my mom is actually way more racist than me. I'm just not retarded.
>>
File: CNN dun goofs.jpg (45KB, 639x645px) Image search: [Google]
CNN dun goofs.jpg
45KB, 639x645px
>>73751683
Pantera was not thrash metal, it was groove metal, something entirely different, autist. Anthrax was never good, and Bathory went was proto-black which turned to Viking metal (until Quorthon's solo projects). You are so bent are preventing racism it's cringey.
Also you're clearly too afraid to show your taste.
>>
>>73751706
>this is what it looks like when a CNN reporter tries to infiltrate the website known as 4chan
Direct your """""""""""""""""banter""""""""""""""""" to /pol/ and you will get absolutely btfo. Just make sure to link me the thread so I can watch.
>>
>>73751726
I never said Pantera was thrash metal, you mongoloid. Every band wanted to be Pantera, obviously.

You're so mad that you can't even type, so you're taking this a little more seriously than I am.
>>
>>73751762
>never said Pantera was thrash
You literally did, through like 3 different posts.
>>
>>73751762
>can't even type
>coming from the guy who takes 10 minutes to formulate a basic response that just digs """him""" further in his hole
You still won't provide your taste and you are still acting like a complete numale.
>>
>>73751762
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>73751762
You were talking about thrash bands selling out for popularity in your previous post, and then you mentioned Pantera. What are you talking about?
>>
>>73751519
>>73751556
This is why we DON'T let numales think they "get" metal
>>
>>73750485
One look ITT and I remember why I'm embarrassed to say I enjoy metal
>>
>>73751775
I mentioned Pantera in one post. Mommy may need to up your Ritalin dose there, sonny.

>>73751782
hur hur muh /mu/ memes. Very nonconformist of you.
>>
>>73751808
Selling out to the popularity of Pantera, I never said they were thrash themselves. I also mentioned Alice in Chains - do you think they're thrash as well?

Demolition Hammer, Vio-lence, Bathory, Anthrax. Sepultura, Exodus, Annihilator, Flotsam and Jetsam, and Overkill all succumbed to the groove trend when Pantera hit it big.
>>
>>73751828
>Very nonconformist of you.
>thinks I care about being nonconformist
This just proves you have numale mentality and you don't listen to music for the music itself, but for the image.
>>
>>73751852
I wasn't the one who brought up conformity, you sad puddle of fuck. You said thrash rejected it, yet they sold out almost immediately; with the exception of a handful of underground bands.
>>
File: 81Ub697AA%2BL._SX355_.jpg (48KB, 355x353px) Image search: [Google]
81Ub697AA%2BL._SX355_.jpg
48KB, 355x353px
Pic related is much better than Show No Mercy, in fact, it's the best Slayer album.
>>
File: 1483318789138.jpg (43KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1483318789138.jpg
43KB, 330x319px
>>73751864
>you sad puddle of fuck.
hahahahahahahahahahaha what kind of insult is this I'm dying
>>
>>73751879
Divine Intervention is actually the best
>>
>>73751163
You listen to those genres for couple of years more and then we talk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrVet2SVw-M
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.