[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats you're favorite Bowie album and track on that album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Space Oddity.jpg (85KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Space Oddity.jpg
85KB, 500x500px
Whats you're favorite Bowie album and track on that album

As of right now it's Space Oddity and Cygnet Cygnet Committee
>>
>>73746436
nice pick, I've always found that track to be somewhat underrated
>>
>>73746515
yeah, weird it never became a classic
>>
Low, Subterraneans
>>
TRAFOZSATSFM
Rock and roll suicide
>>
Station to Station
Station to Station
>>
Heroes, Blackout
>>
>>73747664
a fantastic album and fantastic track, that and 5 years are my favorites from that album
>>
Probably Lodger and either D.J or Red Money.

It's fucking impossible to choose a favourite Bowie album and song come on!

I like Red Money because it's the song that ends Bowie's most famous and arguably best decade (The 70's).

Also I like the kind of hidden double meaning in D.J
>>
>Album
Ziggy Stardust (Either studio or live)

>song
Hang On To Yourself
>>
>>73747752

>It's fucking impossible to choose a favorite Bowie album and song come on!
totally agree, I even said "as of right now in the original post as it really does change week to week. But i agree with everything you mention in your post
>>
>>73747761
I love Ziggy Stardust normally, but the live version of that song is something special for me. one of my favorite songs preformed live
>>
Aladdin Sane, Cracked Actor

Really kickass op
>>
>>73747837
Aladdin Sane is such an amazing album, start to finish its incredible
>>
>>73747787

I always figured that D.J had a hidden meaning that is about the man behind Bowie (David Jones, hence the intials D.J).

I think the whole song is just about the fact that at this point Bowie couldn't go back (Can't turn around) and that he, just like the song says, is what he plays (His songs as Bowie).
There's tons of connections I always made, but maybe it's just me being autistic or something.
>>
>>73747862
No, I think your probably right, one of my favorite things about Bowie's music is how meaningful it can be. And even if you're "wrong" its still incredible you can make those connections through someones music
>>
Rise and Fall

Lady Stardust, such a comfy song
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.