[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the "style" of lyrics used in Whitehouse's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: R-119643-1306426001.jpeg.jpg (68KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-119643-1306426001.jpeg.jpg
68KB, 600x600px
What is the "style" of lyrics used in Whitehouse's later material called? I think I recall it being some kind of debunked method of psychological therapy involving that kind of accusatory tearing down of the subject.
>>
>>73746282
>"style"

"Contrived edgy faggotry" is the style in question, IIRC.
>>
big shouty very angry british
>>
>>73746282
examples?
>>
>>73746302
No, there's an actual name for it. It was a psychological technique that went out of use because it was discovered to be bullshit.

>>73746305
Basically any of the lyrics from their final few albums. Cut Hands Has the Solution is a good example of what I'm talking about.
>>
YOU WHAAAAAAAAT
>>
>>73746282
I'm not sure but there is an interview with William Bennett talking about "Meta Language" you can probably find.
>>
>>73746421
yeah, couldn't find it in there. fuck, I just ran into this a couple months ago.
>>
Are you thinking of Gestalt therapy? Whitehouse is way more severe than anything that would be approved by a Gestalt therapist
>>
>>73746542
Is gestalt pheory pretty basic?
>>
>>73746557
Well yeah, they might consider themselves Gestalt but fundamentally it still has to be therapy. No therapy actually just berates people, Gestalt just doesn't baby them and tries to lead them to understand which problems are their own fault. I could see Whitehouse being what happens when someone reads the cliffnotes on Gestalt and says "I can do that".
>>
>>73746542
Nope, that's not it. thanks, though.
>>
>>73746605
Shure, good luck. I'll lurk, I'm curious now.
>>
>>73746603
So no big enchilada then
>>
>>73746631
I mean no. Still harsh for therapy, there's a reason it went out of style. It's not effective, it just confuses the patient into blaming themselves for too much and not actually finding any solutions.
>>
>>73746617
Found it after 50 different variations of Googling Whitehouse + therapy + psychology

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuro-linguistic_programming
>>
>>73746704
Oh cool, thanks
>>
>>73746302
>le power electronics is le bad music xD
>only classical is le superior xD

Fuck off cunt.
>>
>>73746767
Power electronics are nu-metal for people too self-conscious to listen to nu-metal.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (36KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
36KB, 512x288px
>>73746557
>>73746603
>>73746631
>>73746650
Really activates the almonds
>>
>>73746767
I had a thread yesterday and cunts actually said that PE was the edgiest goth kid music ever so I asked them to show me something angrier and they posted Korn for fucks sakes. Triggered me good.
>>
>>73746849
>I had a thread yesterday and cunts actually said that PE was the edgiest goth kid music ever

They were right.
>>
>>73746805
>anything angry or extreme in music is reducted to a shitty commercial buzzgenre

As I said, fuck off cunt.
>>
>>73746902
There's a world of difference between The Fall and The Stooges and Whitehouse and Consumer Electronics. It's unfortunate that you're too much of a simp to realize that, but it's also none of my fault.
>>
>>73746902
at least you could say nu-metal had some pomp, some level of musicality, some interesting genre-mashing, idk, as opposed to PE which has NOTHING going for it BUT edge
>>
>>73746883
More of what made me angry was that they posted Korn, which is actually laughable.
>>
>>73746849
i was there
the guy who said that korn's daddy was angrier and more subversive and more disturbing than anything any power electronics band did was 100% correct
>>
>>73746978
see above. whitehouse fans have no one to talk down to.
>>
>ask question related to Whitehouse
>dickwaving retards who can't hide a thread and show up making boring nu metal comparisons
>>
>>73746931
Yeah, there's is, what's exactly your point? Oh yeah, the angst factor between them... right right. The other ones are of a more pessimistic nature and the other one is a boogeyman created by this shithole, aka, "edgy", therefore is nu-metal. The only simp here my friend, it's you. Not only that, but a fucking idiot, too.
>>
>>73747009
>>73747008
You must be proud to be saying the dumbest shit I've ever seen on this website.
>>
anybody in this thread smoke weed?
>>
once met Philip and Sarah Best after a Consumer electronics show. They're chill as fuck and Philip's stage presence is generally as goofy as it is violent. He's a horny old man and she's quiet...both are very friendly.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.