[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, little plebeian idiots of /mu/. This is Karlheinz Stockhausen,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: karlheinz-stockhausen-4.jpg (91KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
karlheinz-stockhausen-4.jpg
91KB, 900x750px
Hello, little plebeian idiots of /mu/. This is Karlheinz Stockhausen, a German electronic music composer. It's crazy, I know – there are musicians other than Death Grips and Sufjan Stevens. Blows your mind? He composed Gesang der Jünglinge and Klavierstücke – powerful, moving, beautiful pieces. His use of multiple-serialism, of tape delay are superb. No, there aren't any power chords. No, there aren't any lyrics. This is Karlheinz Stockhausen. He is for grown-ups. Give him a listen.
>>
>babbies first electronic composer

lls
>>
>>73741897
I always found Karlheinz's work to be conceptual interesting but boring in execution.
>>
>>73741897
overrated hack
Éliane Radigue was 20x better
>>
>>73741913
I have the same feelings about a lot of composers from around his time. Their essays and lectures are really interesting to read though
>>
Holy shit why are Germans always so fucking full of themselves
>>
>>73741897
this is the most pretentious post I've seen in a while
you're no better than the people you're making fun of. if anything, you're worse
kys
>>
>>73741897
>No, there aren't any power chords. No, there aren't any lyrics
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>73741918
What an embarrassing post
they have absolutely nothing in common outside of the fact that they both made "electronic"-related music
Radigue isn't even a composer
>>
>>73741897
>No, there aren't any lyrics
Factually wrong
You didn't even listen to his composition did you?
>>
>>73742060
there are power chords too hehe
>>
>>73741897
>beep beep sine wave atonalism lmao
>good
>>
a lot of people, when they see or hear something that doesn't resolve predictably, assume there is nothing there
>>
>>73741930
The unfortunate thing is that the best known avant garde electronic stuff is the earliest. It's pioneering and important but it isn't really as musically successful as some of the later stuff.

Stockhausen in particular was overly focused on the way the sound was organized. I think the GRM composers struck a much better balance.

People like Francois Bayle are much more interesting to listen to.
>>
>>73741897
In an attempt to salvage this thread, which of his later works are essential in your opinion? I've listened to Kontakte, Gesang der Jünglinge and other works from this compilation:
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/karlheinz_stockhausen/elektronische_musik__etude__studie_i__studie_ii__gesang_der_junglinge__kontakte_/
>>
>>73742931
I dunno how much I'd call essential, really, but I think this is one of the more interesting things I've heard from him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrQdWrbQ4c8
>>
The best thing Stockhausen did was train members of Can. Prove me wrong.
>you can't
>>
>>73743298
No, best thing Stockhausen did was introduce a real composer's approach to electronic music. Before that it was mostly fucking around. He wasn't the only contributor but he was the first to be really ambitious.
>>
>>73741913
Strongly disagree, pieces like Zeitmasze and Gruppen are great to listen to
>>
>>73742931
Zyklus
Mantra
Mikrophonie
Hymnen
Stimmung
Oktophonie
>>
File: node-image.png (257KB, 791x537px) Image search: [Google]
node-image.png
257KB, 791x537px
blocks your path
>>
>>73741897
Wow this is so sophisticated!! Your dick must be huge!
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.