[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i stop being shy playing my music outloud /mu/???? REEEEEEEEEEE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1497893835206.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1497893835206.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
How do i stop being shy playing my music outloud /mu/????
REEEEEEEEEEE
>i think im just self conscious when my older brother is around
>he listens to normie shit like trap....
>>
File: 1498788190030.jpg (42KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498788190030.jpg
42KB, 720x480px
>>73733789
>caring what normies think
>>
what the fuck is that gay music bro? put on some migos
>>
>>73733789
>listening to music out loud
>>
>tfw I only buy closed back headphones even though open back headphones sound better just because I don't want the sound leaking out to my family
>>
Just do it. My neighbors have to listen to my industrial and hardcore projects. They still have friendly conversations with me and let their kids play with my dog. If a bunch of right wing cowboys can be chill with industrial and punk, your brother can get over you listening to shit that isn't top 40s.
>>
File: 1489218001922.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1489218001922.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
>>73733819
>>73733906
Its like i have the "i dont give a fuck about what others think" but im still not quite 100 percent there with playing music outloud....
>inb4 underaged
Im 22 help brehs
>>
>>73733789
if your brother was cool he'd support your music no matter what genre it was
>>
>>73734865
Are you sure about this??? Hes a normie so you better not be lying
>>
>>73734934
do you think he's cool? do you have a good relationship?? i think thats the deciding factor on if you should show him or not
>>
>>73733789
Its cooler that you don't.
>>
>>73733789
>giving a shit what other people think

It helps to realize that everyone is insecure as you are. Fucking just listen to it and enjoy what you enjoy.
>>
Alot of good music is good because it doesnt jump straight into the best/exciting parts, prefering to restrain itself and establish a tone first. However, plebs (aka everyone within earshot if you play out loud) will have little patience for such nuances and are all too ready to put you down in such a situation. The solution is to pick good songs that do jump rather quickly into the exciting/ better parts. Conveiniently, these happen to also be the better known of aforementioned good music.
>>
>>73733789
Dude don't do that shit with your brothers. My brothers know I listen to """embarrassing""" music like girly synthpop and weaboo jap music but they don't give a fuck and they like some of it themselves anyway. You're meant to have that kind of insecurity with your friends, not family.
>>
>my brother father and me have extremely similar taste
>we all musicians who listen to everything from hiphop to rock to prog to jazz to edm to showtunes to fusion to gypsy jazz. Whatever the fuck, my whole family has completely wide open tastes
>I can't believe how sad it must be to be musically alone.
>>
>>73735612
Music demanding patience is a joke. I don't like hand waving boring parts as "establishing a tone". What tone? Why?
>>
>>73733789
>Being shy around your sibling
What the fuck? First time I heard that.
>>
>>73735817
Have you ever cut out the best parts/ melodies/ hooks or climaxes of several great tracks, played them back to back and then noticed you loose the all original track's intensity?

To make a musical section great, it needs context. You cant just play an album that is 100% solos and expect it to be good; no matter how good the individual solos are.
>>
>>73735793
>yeah i listen to radiohead, the death grips and grimes. the list goes on...
>>
>>73733833
this. I always put it on mute.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.