[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say what you want, this guy has something about him that wipes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 231435t4.jpg (948KB, 3000x2301px) Image search: [Google]
231435t4.jpg
948KB, 3000x2301px
Say what you want, this guy has something about him that wipes the floor with every other working modern rock guitarist right now.

If this guy is let loose he actually has his own voice, it goes beyond psychedelic blues. For all you contrarians that are desperately looking for something unique in playstyle, this guy has it.

Hes also batshit insane and witty. Hes also almost deaf and will kick your ass if you dont crank that monitor to max. Name anyone that isnt Derek Trucks who is pushing boundaries in his respective genre right now.
>>
File: DT.jpg (51KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
DT.jpg
51KB, 700x394px
>>73721837

Derek Trucks
>>
I'm with you OP.
>>
One of my biggest influences
>>
>>73721837
>his guy has something about him
yeah he's a walking meme and your tiny plebe brain needs memes like oxygen to keep going
>>
>>73721837
>>73721949

>both play a SG

>one has a whammy bar
>the other doesnt

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>73721837
Dude, I love Mastodon!
>>
Yes, Mastodon are definitely pushing the boundaries of Butt Rock, lmao
>>
Blood Mountain was their last good album
>>
File: allan_holdsworth.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
allan_holdsworth.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>73721837
>For all you contrarians that are desperately looking for something unique in playstyle, this guy has it.
Oh, you poor naive lad.
>>
I didnt know steve brule played guitar
>>
>>73723578
>not Fred Frith
>>
>>73721837
wtf does John C Reilly know about music?
>>
>>73723918
Definitely Fred Frith too. But then again, people barely recognize Allan. What's there to discuss about Fred Frith on /mu/ really?
>>
>>73723918
got damn it, his creativity is just wild.
I can't believe that guitar solos went up when it did. And the best thing is how subtle the sound is for a modified guitar, it's really intriguing take on free improv.
This said, Frith is more creative, but I think that Bailey's tone control is just something out of this world. really paved the way for onkyo music in some ways. It's just amazing how much he can take out of a notes played on the frets, where they hiss a little, and more so with little to no body movement. Because Haino can have wild fucking chords, but he needs to dance around like made to make those out.
>>
>>73724021
>but I think that Bailey's tone control is just something out of this world
I've been recommended a book of his - Improvisation: Its Nature And Practice In Music, because his style was impenentrable for me. I'm familiar with the work of Sonny Sharrock, Allan Holdsworth, Fred Frith, Bill Frisell, but Derek Bailey's playing is so disjointed to the point of it being amateurish. Any advice?
>>
>>73724523
I have on .pdf, but I haven't had the time to read it.
I haven't listened to most of the artists you listed, except for Sharrock, so I don't know where you are coming from, but for the break point was "Ballads". If you can endure it, look at some videos like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm96X7niI14
and try to compare the dynamic and tonal density of this kid for example and Bailey. And first it may seem disjointed, but exactly in this separation of meaning and avoidance of gibberish is what makes a good improvisation to me.
That aside, the whole movement isn't really aiming towards critical acclaim and try to not overthink things. Improvisation is just improvisation, a way of talking without saying (for me).
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.