[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"The vision of this album is the most minimal and horrible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2179.jpg (81KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2179.jpg
81KB, 500x500px
"The vision of this album is the most minimal and horrible thing ever to have been made in music." - Piero Scaruffi
>>
Swans are shit
>>
>>73714427
Damn, what do you think of the band though?
>>
>>73714372
you'd think that'd be a notion from his beatles spiel
>>
>>73714610
He means horrible in the sense of disgusting/appalling. The actual album is a 7.0
>>
>>73714372
Scaruffi is the ultimate contrarian
>>
>>73715155
>>73714622
>>
I don't understand Italian but I assume he meant it in a good way since he gave the album a 7/10

Swans are GOAT
>>
>>73714372
That sounds more like a compliment.
>>
>>73714372
Greed and Holy Money are a bit of a low point because they were that transition between brutal Swans and the less brutal more melodic Children of God era stuff and beyond. Still great but Public Castration is a Good Idea is a much better version of the songs
>>
>>73715212
>>73715230
>>73715243
>>73715155
>>73714610
>people still not looking at the small thread before posting
>>
>>73715243
Greed is by far the best Swans album.
Infinitely harsher than Cop and Filth. PC borderline ruins the songs.
>>
>>73715280
I think Swans is best loud as hell lol. The ethereal/worship sounding stuff is cool too but less so IMO. I also think the lyrics were better on Cop and Filth, the songs were all about very specific things, the nature of power and relationships between people. Greed and Holy Money are essentially just a really really intense version of your average anticonsumerist punk rock record.

Also I'm sorry but saying PC is anything less than outstanding is just plain wrong
>>
>>73715326
He doesn't get Greed.
>>
>>73715260
What did he mean by this
>>
THE FACT THAT
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.