[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats his end game? Why was he so different in a time of disco

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Frank Zappa joe's garage.jpg (41KB, 355x354px) Image search: [Google]
Frank Zappa joe's garage.jpg
41KB, 355x354px
Whats his end game? Why was he so different in a time of disco and punk. Probably the biggest enigma in all of music, it's hard to truly understand the genius of his work.
>>
>>73713008
he wanted to make classical but was too poor to do it.
>>
how come every Zappa release is either A̶̢͂v̸̊͜a̶͜n̵̳͆t̶̝̏ ̵̻̕J̶̨̈a̶͍͂z̵̞͂z̷̬͌ or "haha pee and poop"?
>>
>>73713025
It's more to that though isn't it? You had bands like ELO doing huge classical style arrangements around the same time, but Frank was just different. He made Rock music and ardently confessed he was not Rock.
>>
>>73713008
Throw away musical norms. Say fuck it, be your own genre. Oh, and the man will always try to mess with you. Remember that kids.
That's basically the philosophy in a nutshell.
>>
>>73713074
I think he just liked fucking with people honestly. Look at his album covers, he's literally in black face.
>>
File: apois.jpg (126KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
apois.jpg
126KB, 600x600px
>>73713074
two best genres desu

also pic related his best work
>>
>>73713075
idk really. tbf after the 70s i think he lost sight of his original goal. just kept wanting to fuck with ppl until god fucked with him like what happened to nietzsche
>>
>>73713208
He became disgusted with the state of the music industry. He hated MTV because it meant musicians/bands could only be popular if they had the right image. From that point on if you didn't fit their marketable style you wouldn't make it in the industry. He was pretty far ahead of his time though when it comes to satire (which is literally everywhere now). Songs like Catholic Girls are absolute masterpieces.
>>
>>73713285
yeah i agree. but joe's garage was the last of his 70s era
tho i still have a soft spot for The Man From Utopia.
sucks he died before hip hop's usage of sampling came in.
>>
>>73713358
Frank created his own form of sampling (sort of) that he called xenochromy where he would take guitar solos from previous live recordings of his and insert them into studio songs. Every solo on Joe's Garage is like this except for Watermelon on Easter Hay.
>>
>>73713008
Even though he was making fun of disco and punk, Sheik Yerbuti has both genres on there.
>>
he's hack
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.