[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You're stuck alone in a desserted island. The good news

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1496288141676.jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496288141676.jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
You're stuck alone in a desserted island. The good news is you have 30 days before rescue arrives. All you have is a basic survival kit, some first aid, and a your trust PMP.

Much to your dismay there are only 10 albums on it but you've no room to complain.

Which albums did you bring (without knowledge that you would be stranded in an island)?
>>
>>73701184
Do you unironically listen to this
>>
>>73701217
for you ill give it a chance, this better not be a millenial meme adult swim core mashup with white boy with a black friend rapping tier
>>
>>73701146
the thing is, every time this question gets asked there is the same issue
what you want to ask is "what are the 10 albums you'd always wanna have with you/what are your top10 albums" (which in itself is not quite the same thing)
but you are adding a setting to this
like my favorite genre is black metal but I wouldn't fucking listen to moonblood on a tropical island, I'd take some exuma

so yea, either change the premise or put more emphasis on the fact that you'll be listening to that stuff alone on an island eating raw fish
>>
>>73701290
The setting emphasizes that youll be listening to it alone.

What makes this different is you've no idea you'll be stranded so what you list as your 10 albums may or may not be thematically relevant to your setting.
>>
The Beatles discography desu
>>
>>73701316
that makes even less sense
are you asking me what 10 albums I would happen to bring on a trip?
>>
>>73701347
I'm asking what 10 albums do you always have on you, regardless of scenario

(yes the setting is entirely irrelevant)
>>
>>73701146
>Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band | Trout Mask Replica
>Power Trip | Nightmare Logic
>??? | Go Crazy(and experiment a little)
>Talking Heads | Remain Under Light
>The Damned | Machine Gun Etiquette
>The Damned | The Black Album
>D.O.A. | War on 45
>The Handsome Devil | Drugs and Guns For Everyone
>Kendrick Lamar | To Pimp a Butterfly
>The Dave Brubeck Quartet | Time Out
>>
>>73701359
well I can't answer that because either I'll have 500 albums on me or none at all

the only way for me to have 10 albums on me is if I consciously have to make that choice, in which case I am likely to also be aware of the setting
>>
>Impossible Nothing - Phonemenomicon
>Impossible Nothing - Lexemenomicon
>Impossible Nothing - Tonemenomicon
>Swans - Soundtracks for the Blind
>Swans - The Seer
>Swans - To Be Kind
>Swans - The Glowing Man
>Swans - Deliquescence
>Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven
>Silver Mt. Zion - 13 Blues For Thirteen Moons

basically as much longcore as possible and then a couple post-rock albums
>>
This is not my top 10 favorite albums but I bring them for different reason. Also I will pretend that I knew that I was gonna stuck in an island unlike OP's plot.

>Sandinista - The Clash

It is long and varied as hell so it is good for me to spend time on it on a boring island.

>The Low End Theory - A Tribe Called Quest

I like it and it is pretty upbeat to help me with my mental health in island. I thought of Illmatic but Illmatic is grimy and shorter.

>Blonde On Blonde - Bob Dylan

Varied and long. Kinda same reasons with Sandinista choice.

>Kind of Blue - Miles David

You need some jazz in an island am i right?

>Scary Monsters by David Bowie

My favorite Bowie record.

>Straight Outta Compton - NWA

I need some courage in a fucking island.

Colossal Youth - Young Marble Giants

My favorite post-punk album.

>Jordan The Comeback - Prefab Sprout

Same with Sandinista and Blonde On Blonde. Long as record with good material.

>NEU 75! - NEU

I like that one.

>Twin Peaks Soundtrack

To pretend my island days is a tv series.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.