[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

>"What kind of music do you listen to?" >"I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 1492969421653.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1492969421653.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>"What kind of music do you listen to?"
>"I listen to everything"
>>
they are literally just saying they are open to every genre. are you so retarded that you find that annoying?
>>
>>73694440
>everything except country
>>
A person who doesn't play music on their own except what they hear other people play.
>>
it means that the person listens to everything they know about, not everything that exists
there, autism defused
>>
Is it bad if I just say "psychedelic and experimental stuff" or does that sound pretentious
>>
>>73694440
>"what kind of music do you listen to?"
>implying I would be a pleb that restricts the music I listen to to a certain "type"
>>
>>73694473
it's fucking retarded since those are not genres lmao just fucking leave this board
>>
>>73694455
i mean i would suppose your right because the following question would be, oh so do you listen to ______? and then they would be like huh? i only listen to (insert generic band or artist here)
>>
>>73694440
>>73694455
>>73694456
oh so you'll like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EePERxhu_MA
>>
>>73694473
Just say, "I like the Beatles."
>>
>>73694440

I usually say this because I listen exclusively to heavy metal and don't want them to think I'm some sort of school shooter.
>>
>>73694503
Duh, entry level. Kids music.
>>
I think I can listen to any type of music and get enjoyment out of it if you find me the right song.
>>
>>73694492
the question isn't 'what genres you listen to'
>>
>>73694440

I like punk rock and post punk.
>>
>>73694473 do not say that, you will lose potential friends.

>>73694504

see this
>>
File: 1366776377277.jpg (28KB, 500x318px)
1366776377277.jpg
28KB, 500x318px
>I like everything except country, rap, hip hop, metal, pop, jazz, electronic, folk, reggae, and blues
>>
There's two kinds of people who say this. First kind is the normie that doesn't care for music any more than what's popular on the radio. They won't get mad at you for playing stuff that isn't actively abrasive (eg. Death Grips). Second kind is a bitch because they actually do care what you play, and usually you have to keep switching songs until they tell you one they like.
>>
>>73694440
But what if they actually DO listen to everything OP?
>>
>>73694503
This is really cool.
>>
>>73694440
I'm mostly this because I can't pinpoint what genre is my favorite. Can you help me out? I'm a pleb, I don't know anything outside of listening to songs, so I don't have a favorite album. I mostly listen to

Frank Ocean
Radiohead
Iron and Wine
Kanye
Snow Patrol
[spoiler]Usher[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Ne-Yo[/spoiler]

Patricianize me, /mu/.
>>
>>73694646
Yeah Radulescu is interesting. I'm uploading an album of his flute music to the sharethread in a bit if you want to check it out too. it'll be 10 minutes
>>
>>73694651
You're a fan of the "utter trash" genre
>>
>>73694455
What he said

Pretty much what someonenis saying by that is that they have a wide music range and they dabble in many music genres

Either that or they don't know much about music. But you can easily figure that out by like two seconds of conversation
>>
>>73694651

No need. You're already top level
>>
>>73694440
>mfw my shop teached asked me this when i was 13 and i answered 'art rock, avant garde and alternative'
>he just nodded his head like i was vapor
>would never say something this cringeworthy ever again
>>
>>73694651
You like pop
More specifically, you like hip hop, alt rock, neo soul and indie folk (which isn't actually folk)
>>
>>73694928
Can you recommend some albums to get me started? Been thinking of abandoning video games and focusing on some other hobbies.
>>
>>73694884

He was probably in awe of you
>>
>>73694555
Good tip, thanks guys
>>
I just say "rap, electronic, and rock", it's not that hard.
>>
i just say what i actually like and if they dont know what it is i dont care.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.