[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This fucker is the epitome of the 'I'm not talented

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

This fucker is the epitome of the 'I'm not talented enough to make it so I'll be a critic' stereotype
>>
Yeh he wanted to be a novelist originally but he didn't have the talent to create anything good, so he instead devoted his life to shitting on actually talented people.
>>
>>73690313
probably but he's knowledgeable and has some good banter
>>
>>73690313
every critic is the epitome of that
>>
>>73690313
>>73690402
see >>73690420 he's totally fucking right

there are no good music critics because music criticism takes absolute zero skill.

Individual iconoclasts like Christgau and Scaruffi are better than anyone else but still shit.
>>
>>73690446
there is certainly a level of skill when it comes to reviewing things, both in how descriptive you are and how much knowledge you have to particular things. you don't have to agree with their opinions but clearly some reviewers are greater than others.
>>
>>73690402
>>73690313
>>73690446
Stay mad, mealfags.
>>
>>73690484
I give you an example: Christgau's review of Shout at the Devil is just a bunch of ad-hominen ranting about how much the album sucks that tells you nothing useful. The Rolling Stone review was actually intelligent and it explained how bands like Motley Crue sound superficially heavy, but the music is actually quite uninspired and boring and it won't impress anyone older than 14, and that it almost felt like a carefully synthesized laboratory blend of Black Sabbath, AC/DC, and other such heavy rock bands created in MTV's marketing department.
>>
>>73690580
im no expert of christgau but im willing to be he doesn't give a fuck about motley crue or anything that came from the sunset strip. everyone has their own area of expertise. personally i can't stand his opinion on prog rock but i have to respect the guy because he has an expansive knowledge of music.
>>
>>73690484
There are no reviewers who are good at this though.
>>
>>73690580
Or his multitude of positive reviews of shitty mid-80s Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Dylan, and Neil Young albums that everyone and their mother knew were trash. I mean, this guy thought Dirty Work was worth an A when most Stones fans were in universal agreement that it was an embarrassment.
>>
File: Point_over_your_head.jpg (12KB, 582x386px) Image search: [Google]
Point_over_your_head.jpg
12KB, 582x386px
>>73690676
If you don't like an album, that's fine, but at least have _some_ semblance of professionalism and explain what it is you don't like about it (as the RS reviewer did). Some of Cuckgau's reviews read like they were written by some wiseass 12 year old or something.
>>
>>73690446
FARTY SYNTHS
>>
>>73690780
pitchfork gave an album a video of a monkey drinking its own piss/10. some people like reviewers with personality, i personally have nothing against reviewers but i don't pay attention to them either because i realize different people have different opinions on things, ill decide for myself.
>>
>>73690313
He's a lively writer and a poptimist. He's entertaining enough and I don't think he's worth getting upset over.
>>
>>73690697
Actually he did explain in a lengthy column why he liked Dirty Work, he thought it was "honest" as opposed to the fake MTV crap in that time.
>>
>>73690580
All critics back in the 80s were the same--they all jerked off New Wave/alternative bands and shit on metal.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.