[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to know /mu/'s real and honest opinion of Slipknot.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: Slipknot-3.jpg (385KB, 815x424px) Image search: [Google]
Slipknot-3.jpg
385KB, 815x424px
I want to know /mu/'s real and honest opinion of Slipknot.

>inb4 "cancer"

I love them. Their namesake album is one of my favorite of all time. The percussion is incredible and thunderous, the vocals are stunning, and I wish I could scream like Corey Taylor. I do believe that after All Hope is Gone, and they got rid of Joey and Paul died, their new album is weaker than those in the past.
>>
>>73689118
Among the worst bands of all time.
You're underage. You should delete this thread and leave this board.
>>
>>73689126
tell me exactly why they are bad
>>
It's cancer.
>>
they had some OK songs. particularly Eyeless
>>
Better than Death Grips
>>
They were alright a few years back but... they have been slacking lately. I thought they were in the same boat as metallica until metallica actually made a good album. It might not be too late for em' if they get there shit together though.
>>
WHOA DUDE GARBAGE CANS
DUDE DUMBED DOWN METAL MUSIC TROPES WITH POP CHORUSES
>>
>>73689226
Corey said they would hopefully get back to working on slipknot withing a few years, hopefully not as bad as The Gray Chapter
>>
I love the 1st 2 albums, the 1st more than the 2nd, as cringey as the lyrics can be they are great metal albums, only plebs disagree

Everything after is a bit meh tho

>I DID MY TIME
>>
>>73689118

They're honestly my favorite "poppy" metal band of all time, they make catchy metal songs with a lot more instrumental depth than most people are willing to give them credit for. The only problem with the band is that they wear masks and were loved by teenagers in weird pants, which is practically the dumbest reason to hate any music. If this was a no-name obscure experimental metal band with 100 fans this board would lose their shit over how good they are.

And yeah, the percussion is really underrated. "lol they just bang on trash cans!" Yeah, yeah, it's gimmicky, whatever. It also sounds fucking awesome and adds an extra layer to the songs which makes them more driving and intense than many metal bands that can play notes twice as quickly. Use your ears, stop being so superficial. Slipknot is legitimately great.
>>
>>73689118
They don't please my ear holes. Better riffs get written by 13 year old kids every day. Percussion is really really basic. I've heard high school bands that are better. They only one who is truly talented is Joey. They put on a good performance I'll give them that though.
>>
>>73689513

Of course it's basic, it's nu metal. That doesn't mean it can't be well done. Here's a great example of how even super simple percussion can elevate them above what most similar bands offer. Not to mention that super trashy guitar tone, fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rog8XY8oxg
>>
>>73689603
I've heard it all dude. I listened to the fuck out of them when I was a like 7-13. I just grew out of the genre I guess. I guess my real gripe with it is it isn't very creative. So if something doesn't please my sense of hearing then I can only break down objective truths about the music. Not creative, extremely simple (outside of Joey's playing), and extremely gimmicky.
>>
>>73689603
>>73689673
They do have some pretty good break downs though. I'll give you that as well.
>>
>>73689726
JUMP
THE
FUCK
UP
>>
They're just too edgy for my liking. I'm more of a fan of classic thrash, heavy, and glam metal.
>>
Pop music for Alt Normies
>>
>>73689118
they're actually not that bad for nu metal, but that's a dirty word for everyone who wants to appear that they're really into music so don't expect much positive out of this thread. it's been like a decade since I last listened to them, so the fact I can remember a fair mount of their songs is I guess a pretty good sign for a pop metal act
>>
>>73689118
Nu-metal bands dropped off in popularity around 2010. If they want to survive they would have to start making some technical shit asap.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7iADWQvoxg&list=PL27528705CEAD6AF0

Maybe if they kept these version of songs i would have a different point of view about them, but they fucked up
>>
>>73689960
>around 2010

try 2003
the massive flops that were the albums korn and limp bizkit put out in 2003 signalled the beginning of the end
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NXPRoiIvzk
>>
>>73689603
Makes me feel 14 again
>>
>>73689982
Im talking about general hype. Peoples opinion on the music changed and the music didnt. Limp bizkit and korn made shit they were assumed they would make and the numbers reflected this. Korn recently dropped something that sounds like their untoucheables ep and it still did badly. Have you not heard the album they did with skrillex? Now that was pure garbage.
>>
>>73690029
is this good feel ?
>>
shitty boring chug riffs that rival Metallica, edgy emo lyrics
at least corey has a nice voice i guess
>>
>>73690081
I guess so, different friends back then etc
>>
big in brazil
>>
Loved them when I was 13. Went off them for a while around the time All Hope Is Gone came out, since I'd delved deep into death metal and grindcore by that point. Got back into them again when Gray Chapter came out. One of the better bands to come out of the nu metal scene.
>>
Their first album was decent, never bothered to check out their other stuff, but it's most likely very similar. In comparison to other bands labeled as nu metal like deftones, they just come across as very bland with no experimentation.
>>
>>73689118
they're meh I guess but like not very good. They're like edgy one note system of a down without any substance or melodic sensibilities beyond basic pop vocals
>>
Along with Deftones, Mnemic and early Korn, it's the only nu metal I can get away with. They're fucking good live as well.
>>
>>73689673

Different strokes I guess. I'm not a big fan of the genre (most of the metal I like these days is non-djent math metal, atmospheric black metal and other tryhard experimental shit) but I find them to be quite creative in how they approach this style of music, there's something about it that grips me in a way that other bands fail to do. It's just experimental enough to be interesting while still being more than accessible enough that nobody ever complains when I have them playing.
>>
Slipknot is garbage ogreaggressive music for white trash and you can do alot better for heavy music.
>>
Self titled is legitimate 10/10 and for being 20 years old has held up remarkably. Iowa is good too but it was basically all downhill from there.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.