[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand how people can constantly listen to new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3369.jpg (29KB, 204x341px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3369.jpg
29KB, 204x341px
I don't understand how people can constantly listen to new music?
Do you actually re-listen to those albums?
Are always fucking drained?
>>
It's pretty obvious no one in here listens to music
>>
>>73686235
I'm getting into the habit of throwing two new albums and two old albums on a playlist and just keeping it on a loop throughout the week.

Works pretty well to keep me interested but not drained.
>>
You eventually become a mature adult and listen to new music in tandem with old really naturally
>>
>>73686235
It comes in phases for me. I'll spend weeks discovering new shit then i'll go a month repeating a handful of artists or albums
>>
I go through periods of not listening to music a lot and then I get really into a certain sound and start listening to a lot of music
>>
File: Head_Hunters_Album.jpg (72KB, 350x351px) Image search: [Google]
Head_Hunters_Album.jpg
72KB, 350x351px
>>73686680
>>73686348
>>73686705
these. like i usually listen to a shit ton of music, but chalk most of it as shit, and add the rest to my "cool" pile.
once in a while ill miss something, and go back through my other stuff and rediscover something i had overlooked, pic related
>>
i average 4 new albums a day. been going like that non-stop for over a year now. i'm nearing 3K albums listened g. total. i have trouble sleeping at night so that's when i'll go over the best stuff i've put on my phone for deeper listening. if i get an urge to listen to something old i'll do it. it's not a race. enjoy yourself. if you can't do that without feeling drained then pull back. it's not a competition.
>>
I listen to 2-4 new albums a day. Most of it ends up being meh but I make a mental note of the ones I like. Everyday, I also relisten to the ones I've only heard once or twice. The ones I end up liking I put on my phone to listen to even more.
>>
I try to listen to a new album at least once a week.
>>
>>73686235
What the hell is wrong with discovering new music on your own? It's okay to like a song on the radio anon. It's popular for a reason
>>
>>73686235
No, finding a new album you enjoy is one of life's greatest pleasures, so I'm constantly on the lookout for new albums
>>
I found 95% of music that I loved even a year ago just to be boring. How do I get to like music again? There are still single tracks from the past, but I cannot listen to whole albums any more.
Since I got into J-pop other music just sounds so unexciting and not interesting.
>>
>>73689115
see
>>73686753
>>
>>73689115
Youre an idiot, pop music is literally the fast food of music, youre gonna have to ween yourself back onto other stuff slowly
>>
>>73689250
How am I an idiot for enjoying X and not Y? What's your idea of non-fast food music? Please give me band names.
>>
File: scaruffles.jpg (83KB, 600x280px) Image search: [Google]
scaruffles.jpg
83KB, 600x280px
>listening to new music

"I get way too much music to listen to, and it’s mostly garbage, even when it’s recommended by trusted friends (and sometimes even when metacritic will show an average rating of 9/10). Hence i get very upset that those labels and musicians have wasted hours of my time, and i tend to be more critical than i should be. After all, most of these musicians are just kids, and some of them honestly spent months rehearsing and dreaming. Nonetheless, it is upsetting to read all these reviews that hail every kid as a new Mozart or Beethoven. It is also upsetting that so many people want a review “right now” of the new album. If it’s a good album, it will still be good ten years from now, right? Why do you need to listen to it “right now”? If you ask me for the review of a new album, you already told me that you are not interested in good music but in what gets promoted by the music industry. If you are interested in good music, check my lists of best albums of the 1960s, 70s, 80s,… of jazz… of classical music… There’s plenty to listen to.

The albums of the last few years are probably the ones you shouldn’t listen to. Let good music shape your brain, not promotional campaigns shape your brain. (Incidentally, the same is true of cinema: i find that Hollywood has declined so precipitously that virtually no Hollywood film of the last 5 years deserves to be watched…why in heaven would anyone waste 2 hours to watch “Spiderman Chapter 623” or “Star Wars Episode #welostcount – The Return of the Return of the Return” when there are so many good films made in the previous 100 years that people haven’t seen yet? The last sequel that was worth watching was Godfather 2, 42 years ago, or the Road Warrior, 35 years ago). If we thought more highly of ourselves, we would not watch bad films and listened to bad music just because they are publicized."
>>
>>73689115
>Since I got into J-pop

try exploring synth pop, disco, house, stuff like that.
no pains in pop :-)
>>
Think of all the sick beats the gtrandchildren of the holocaust would have made, its sad all their phat tunes went up in smoke
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.