[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does nobody use the word "techno" anymore? Is that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: art_zeldaCartoon-01.jpg (32KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
art_zeldaCartoon-01.jpg
32KB, 640x360px
Why does nobody use the word "techno" anymore? Is that just what people used to call EDM back in the 90s, or is techno its own separate genre?
>>
I think it is its own separate thing. There's so much minutiae in EDM that an even-slightly-diverging-from-the-norm beat essentially establishes a new subgenre.
>>
>>73659680
Techno is its own seperate genre within EDM. Even back when it was used as a generic word for EDM by normies it was a different genre from other EDM genres like House and Electro.
>>
>>73659680
>or is techno its own separate genre
>>73659803
>I think it is its own separate thing
>>73660447
>its own seperate genre within EDM
jfc lls pardners
>>
>>73659680
techno is house but without the gay
>>
techno is its own separate genre basically if you hear dance music and notice that it's not fun to listen to or dance to then chances are it is techno
>>
>>73660753
/thread
>>
>>73659680
Techno is a specific genre of electronic music that grew from Electro and developed originally in Detroit, characterized by its mechanical and percussive sound.

It later became a catch-all term for any kind of electronic music, the same way as "electronica". Although, electronica is not a genre and describes nothing, it's a press buzzword. EDM is the hot new homogenizing catch-all term for electronic music with a consistent beat now. Respect the genres, use their actual names.

>>73660753
t. german techno revisionist
>>
>>73660838
yes ok detroit is fun but its just not what someone is referring to when they say techno 99 times out of 100
>>
How the fucking jfc can you post on a music board and not know techno is its own genre.
>>
>>73660853
Im saying Detroit Techno was the flagship scene, and that cold unfeeling German Techno is not the characteristic sound. Theres also acid techno, freetekno, all sorts of other acts that have personality to them rather than the droll of german techno.
>>
>>73660870
tekno is not techno and acid techno is not really fun
>>
>>73660883
you're not exactly wrong about tekno, but lots of it stays pretty close to its parent. Though I disagree, acid techno is very pleasant.
>>
>>73660864
this is the problem when its all just lumped together as EDM, IDM or electronic music
>>
>>73660927
>this thread will get no replies because 99% of the board don't know the difference between techno and house, let alone different house music styles

>>73660813
>>
>>73659680
https://twitter.com/90sTechnoQuotes
>>
Why are we helping OP when he can just use google? What the fuck happened to /mu/? If you don't know techno is a genre, fuck off
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.