[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Without quoting The Big Lebowski or anything related to it gimme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

Without quoting The Big Lebowski or anything related to it gimme one good reason to not like The Eagles.
>>
Don Henley is a cunt
>>
>>73645794
They're music for boring people, if you like them, you're probably just a generally really tepid person who isn't into confrontation of any sort.
That's fine though, better to enjoy something than hate everything.
>>
>>73645794
>The eagles
>the
retard
>>
>>73645817
"Without quoting The Big Lebowski or anything related to it gimme one good reason to not like Eagles" is too awkwardly phrased a sentence to be used in any discussion.
>>73645814
I'll admit I only know the singles, of which Hotel California is obviously the winner of the bunch. I just don't understand why they're the band in particular that gets all the scorn from people these days, assuming it's not bandwagon hype. There are tons of bands that are boring, especially from the Country Rock genre, why single them out?
>>
They are suing the Hotel California for copyright ingfringement, despite the hotel existing since 1950, 26 years before the band was formed.
>>
>>73646253
Care to mention the fact that the hotel has been using copyrighted intellectual property of the song to promote itself, without permission nor licensing from The Eagles?

I don't like The Eagles at all but the hotel is being shady and you know it.
>>
>>73645814
The Eagles are great musicians. Their music may be "boring", but it is very well put together.
>>
>>73645794

They have some great classic songs...anyone who "hates" them is a pleb-tier contrarian.
>>
>>73645794
it's the epitome of dad rock
>>
>>
Eagles are pleasant, sure. Music not written by him, but Don Henley's Boys of Summer is an excellent track.
>>
>>73649191
fuck I didnt know that Don Henley was in the Eagles
>>
Is it a meme to dislike them? They're GOAT for BBQs, along with America and Steely Dan
>>
>>73649238
On the other hand, I just tried to look up Boys of Summer on YouTube with no luck, so fuck Don Henley
>>
>>73645872
no reason. they have annoying personalities but most artists of their caliber do.

it's hilarious to hate on them now because muh dadrock and the big lewbowski.

theyre a really good singles band, and have made a handful of fantastic tracks. no reason to hate them
>>
File: 1497493580199.png (266KB, 457x599px) Image search: [Google]
1497493580199.png
266KB, 457x599px
>>73649238
You're retarded.
>>
It's actually hard to explain why I dislike The Eagles. I mean, if you like them, more power to you. I'm listening to "Take It Easy" while I type this so I can try to put my finger on exactly how I feel about this style of music.

It's got that soft-rock MOR sound that people like to make fun of, but I actually like a lot of those bands--America, Crosby Still and Nash, the Doobie Brothers...

It's more country-influenced than those artists, though, but it's not twangy. It's like that Credence Clearwater Revival kind of country. It reminds me of Jackson Browne. They're harmonizing, but there's a clear lead singer, and the harmonies don't give the song a "spacey" vibe the way they do in America or CS&N.

It sounds like a road trip, kinda', but like a road trip full of middle-aged people who work as managers at an office. There's something not truly relaxing about it for me. Maybe it's associations with my father. It's like the idea of relaxation, without any true relaxing vibes. It's like drinking a bud light at a cookout where there's a lot of people I don't know and we're making small talk and I'm smiling for a picture I don't want to be in. It's making me slightly uncomfortable.

If it gives you better vibes than that, then hell yeah stick with it. Gives me the willies, personally. Don't know why.
>>
>>73646882
Not arguing that, I'm just saying I'd rather eat KFC than the finest baked chicken, if there isn't any spice on it.
>>
>>73645794
I realize this isn't the band's fault, but they are way overplayed. Anytime I hear them, Journey, and Led Zeppelin I wanna take the radio DJ's head off. You'll hear one or two of them every 20 minutes.

The thing is if they weren't ridiculously overplayed, I'd be just fine with them.
>>
>>73645808

This is a pretty convincing argument, desu. Glenn Frey was kind of a dick too, RIP
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.