[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I find it amazing how a music board on 4chan of all places is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

I find it amazing how a music board on 4chan of all places is full of normie tier music.

Why is this?
>>
>>73638519

who's the normie bitch in this pic?
>>
because instead of telling newfags to fuck off most people on /mu/ start recommending them stuff and making them feel like they belong here
>>
a combination of normies taking over, poptimism in reaction to elitism, and people desperately not wanting to be called "avant-teens"
>>
>>73638519
i don't think you understand, anything getting posted on here makes it normie tier
>>
/mu/ has kurt cobain syndrome

they pretend like they hate pop music, music culture, ranking albums, successful albums etc

but they secretly love catchy hooks and normie music
>>
cuz people are retards

that bitch looks scummy
>>
>>73638519
>Why is this?

We like it post-ironically.
>>
>>73638538
>>73638540
>>
>>73638563
No you don't.
>>
File: KanyeShrug.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
KanyeShrug.gif
1MB, 500x280px
>>73638519
Some obscure music is good. Most of it is genuinely shit and obscure for good reason.
>>
File: 1487131178361.jpg (82KB, 349x447px) Image search: [Google]
1487131178361.jpg
82KB, 349x447px
I am not /mu/. To be categorized I am golden era /sp/.
>>
>>73638577

I'll like it however I want faggot.
>>
>>73638540
>and people desperately not wanting to be called "avant-teens"
that's the biggest issue
>>73638557
no, that's not true
it's not because you can't imagine someone hating on your teenage idols that everyone likes them
fuck off with this "le epic kurt XDD" teen garbage you've been spamming
also
>pop rock
>music culture
yeah, sure
music culture is not ''commercial successful music''
>>
>>73638519
because this board is full of trendy college faggots
>>
>>73638519
/mu/ is full of /mu/-males
>>
>>73638586
No, most of it is obscure because they are not promoted by the industry giants.
>>
>>73638687
if you think this place has obscure music i have a bridge to sell you in london ontario

>tfw someone on 4chan tried to say earl sweatshirt wasn't mainstream but is signed to a major label
>>
>>73638724
There's plenty of obscure shit in /daily/, sharethreads, and collage threads.
>>
>>73638724
This whole thread is about how /mu/ has normie taste.
>>
4chan has been normie central since circa 2010
>>
>>73638751
>There's plenty of obscure shit in /daily/, sharethreads
I'm not the person you're replying but dude
those threads are only good if you want to fit into a 'secret club'
it's always the same handful of genres, none of the people actually care about the stuff, or have any individual taste
"well, I like avant garde jazz, free jazz, contemporary classical and EAI, also post-punk and darkwave"
wow so original
>>73638779
that's true
>>
>>73638752
it has some obscure music sure
not much though
theres 67 fantano threads though and 55 reposts of the same threads everyday

this place is for marketing
"so it's a bridge in London you want it?"
>>
>>73638724
he isn't though
>>
>>73638519
music i think is the "trendiest" of arts so this place is crawling with failed normies and normies who listen to pop and meme rap and they shit up the board
>>
>>73638853
my bad
>>
>>73638519
Generally if something is popular it's good, same applies to music.
>>
>>73639055
>people actually believe this
>>
>>73638519
I find it amazing how easy it is to spot summer.
>>
>>73638865
Why can't they have normie music containment threads like k pop fans have?
>>
I wish as well that this place was more knowledgeable in its subject like other boards. But it's always pop music. Look at that /mu/core chart for example; garbage except the jazz section.

Art music, jazz, folk, and experimental electronic music should've been the cornerstones of /mu/ not goddamn Kanye West and Velvet Underground.
>>
>>73638816
>those threads are only good if you want to fit into a 'secret club'
>it's always the same handful of genres, none of the people actually care about the stuff, or have any individual taste
>"well, I like avant garde jazz, free jazz, contemporary classical and EAI, also post-punk and darkwave"
>wow so original
I've gotten recommended everything from Kpop to turntablism in collage threads. There's more variety than you'd think.
>>
File: lER2xRn.jpg (30KB, 640x524px) Image search: [Google]
lER2xRn.jpg
30KB, 640x524px
>>73638519
>>73638519
A deep appreciation of music requires a level of knowledge and amount of experience which few people have the dedication or interest to achieve.

Saying that one has a deep appreciation of music is (in almost all cases) a sign of the most overconfident or incompetent of normies.

>Is it really a surprise that a board full of 'music aficionados' has nothing to promote other than publicized bullshit? I mean, if you want to say something on this site everyone is going to try and shoot you down. If you want to survive, you need to have a compelling argument, which no one is able to provide about the subject matter of this board.
>>
>>73639110
Everytime there is a rap thread it's like this.

>Kanye West is best rapper
>Rakim is better
>Who is Rakim
>>
>>73639055
Generally if something is popular it has been well marketed.

Often by a company that can spend millions of marketing.
>>
>>73638563
Pleb
>>
>>73638538
Nailed it.
Ridicule and elitism as a means of weeding people out need to make a comeback on this board. It's the only way they'll learn.
>>
>>73638614
i used to think hope solo was sexy desu, i can never go back after that though
>>
>>73639141
old heads are more obnoxious than any lil yachty enthusiast would ever be desu
>>
>>73639735
But how when it's officially a normie music board?
>>
>>73638614
>>73639775
WE HAVE THE MEATS
>>
>>73639324
yeah but earl sweatshirt isn't mainstream eventhough he's signed to columbia DERRRRRRRRRRP
>>
>>73639803
But they at least and a reason to be obnoxious.

It's kinda like how Muhammad Ali bragged about his boxing. People would have thought he was a wanker if he bragged like that and couldn't back it up.
>>
>>73639851
the notion that oldschool/golden age is inherently better than newer rap is pretty simple thinking though, theres tons of thoughtful/conscious/whatever rappers from the 10's and out, its not like the most popular artists from a genre represent the overall state of the music being released
>>
>>73638557
One of Kurts favorite albums have the Beatles in them, he even covered devo and liked new wave
>>
>>73639917
Yeah but then lil yachty and migos suck arse still.
>>
>>73640107
i don't think there's been such a difference in opinion in the changing of the guard in hip hop history ever.

we'll never know what grand master flash thought of run dmc, but i have to assume it wasn't this harsh.
>>
it might be good if we didnt have waifu-fags, non-musicians, /pol/fags and meme rap kids
>>
Old heads are annoying because most of the music today is better than their boring ass garbage. Later rappers like Kendrick, Eminem, and MF DOOM are far more technical and versatile in their flows/deliveries than any of the older golden age or 90s guys. Production and backing arrangements as a whole have gotten a lot more sophisticated as well with a lot more effects/sounds being used meanwhile something like trap gives the potential of much more complex rhythmic interplay as well due to how rhythmically busy a trap beat is. B-b-but Young Thug! Lil Yachty! These kind of guys took a different approach to flow because holy shit nothing in hip hop says we need to have a percussive rapping flow just because hype men used to be loud and rapper's delight was a thing. Not only that, but their beats are a lot more colorful and visceral than the boring/minimal style of old.
>>
>>73640322
trap beats arent usually rhythmically busy at all
>>
>>73640373
Compared to traditional hip hop beat they definitely are because while the more mainstream rappers might not be as technical flow wise the percussion and any additional supplemental sounds are for sure what make it busy.
>>
>>73640871
but its all hats or hats but faster this time
>>
>>73640947
Yes, and it's still more intriguing than a goddamn slowed down funk beat because there are rhythmic variations usually from the bass and cymbals that never existed in the shitty olden days. It's more rhythmically complex/engaging and more visceral.
>>
>>73641053
alright nevermind, I'm talking to a kid
>>
>>73638538
>>73638540
>>73639735
>>73638658
t. Butthurt posers
No one wants to talk about your shitty obscure prog rock album with 20 ratings on RYM
>>
>>73641126
You're ruining this board.
>>
>>73641162
Cry more special snowflake
>>
>tfw too advanced for normies but too pleb for avant-cucks
>>
>>73638519
>using Normie unironically
You have to go back
>>
>>73641174
Why are you here and not over at r/music?
>>
>>73641198
Why are you not on RYM?
>>
>>73641228
I am.
>>
>>73639115
Wrong.
>>
>>73640322
Old heads don't really have a problem with those guys though.
>>
>>73640373
Trap tap has been around since the 90s except the definition has changed and it has become a buzz word.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.