[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any music school cliches? Like how film school cliches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (109KB, 1000x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 1000x675px
Are there any music school cliches? Like how film school cliches are "opening with the main character waking up", "it was all a dream", "ends with suicide" etc.
>>
>>73634845
Jam music
>>
>>73634845
indie: wimpy sounding dry vocals with little to no emotion or some fag coughing/talking before the song starts

hip hop: producer ad-libs beginning of track : WE GOT LONDON DA TRACK or "turn my headphones up
>>
>>73634845
Rap about how you've got more depth than other rappers
>>
refusing to label your music with any established genre
>>
>>73634881
>hey man I don't know how to start this shit
>>
>>73634845
Warriors soundtrack

Bully soundtrack
>>
>>73634845
>Are there any music school cliches?
if you study jazz, you are required to quote the lick and still think it's funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krDxhnaKD7Q
>>
>ok
>1 2
>1 2 3 4
>>
indie record
>cry-singing
>selfhatred
>big band instruments
>ends with sounds of instruments being put down and people leaving the studio
>I LOVE YOU JESUS CCCCCUHHHHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST
>JESUS CUHRIST I LOVE YOU YES IT'S TRUE
>>
>>73634952
[ishtar intensifies]
>>
>>73634845
>metal record
>starts out with acoustic guitars
>electric guitar harmony comes in
>then a SCREAM
>>
>Classical Composition
Make it sound like John Williams without making it John Williams.
>>
>>73635260
Overrated.
>>
>WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT A WHITE BOY WAS GOING TO BRING HIP HOP BACK
>>
>>73634845
Sweep picking
>>
so all modern music records then? lol
>>
average hip hop album:
>talk about how they were poor and that they're rich now (bonus if they mention selling drugs)
>boast that they're 'real' and they hate 'fake' niggas
>mention brand name clothes/alcohol
>mention any kind of drug
>mention fucking attractive women
>one song is the rapper saying he loves his mother
>say how they saw someone get killed/they killed someone
>mention jewelry
>>
>>73636302
tapping
pinch harmonics
>>
I went to music school for like 4 months before getting the fuck out. Basically just imagine a guy with a man bun making a really simple house track on his laptop while surrounded by multi million dollar studio equipment that he doesn't know how to use
>>
>>73637114
what's with guys who don't know what they're doing and (deep)house
>>
>>73637127
You can make passable house track today with literally no understanding of recording, mixing or arranging. So long as you can drag and drop loops onto a grid you can probably shit out a track
>>
>>73637127
electronic music is just really easy to make. especially if you go for that underground aesthetic.
>>
>>73637127
deep house is a meme
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>73634845
>It was all a dream
>>
>"skramz revival" band
>describes themselves as emoviolence even though they have no grind/powerviolence influences
>describes themselves as "orchid but with more melody"
>>
>>73634937
how did they find so many clips of that lick in the same key?
>>
>>73634845

Wanky, directionless jazz fusion

I lived in an appartment building that also housed about a million berkley students back in college, so I'm somewhat of an expert on this.
>>
>>73637882
they aren't in the same key. it's just that the lick works very well in a ii V I progression so a lot of people came up with it on their own. but jazz bros like to play now because they think they're being funny.
>>
>>73638187
a lot of them in the beginning are in the same key
>>
>>73634952
*Anne Frank intensifies*
>>
>>73638369
good point. maybe the guy who made it organized it by key. the first two are brass instruments so they prefer certain keys. maybe that has something to do with it.
>>
>>73637114
>going to music school for any other reason than studying classical music/learning how to play a classical instrument
That was YOUR mistake, anon.
>>
>>73638463
Yeah, only reason to do music studying is Classical/jazz composition, Classical/jazz performance and that's it. Nothing else is worth.
>>
>>73638814
THIS. And even then, the training is only worth it if you really feel you need it. I fmyself finally got a degree in classical performance a couple of years ago solely out of annoyance for not knowing what all the fancy musical names/terms for things that I was doing instinctively by ear were called. 'Twas the ONLY reason desu.
>>
>>73637202
unless you wanna make anything good
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.