[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can he be up to? Although he left after ITAOTS, he has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2170.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2170.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
What can he be up to?

Although he left after ITAOTS, he has confirmed he still writes music. That's 19 years worth of work assuming he didn't stop. There's also Major Organ and the Adding Machine, his bizarre side project of sounds. In an interview with Pitchfork (2004) he stated his dislike for how streamline his songs were. And recently with the "Double Album" thing. (I realize some say this is OTC, but I'm pretty confident it's related to NMH as he made references to an insect which returns every 19 years i.e. 1998 release of ITAOTS whereas OTC never left).

Considering all this, is Jeff Mangum about to release the Finnegans Wake / logical conclusion of music?
>>
I've been thinking the same thing OP. But I'm not sure about how i feel about it.
>>
The Pitchfork interview was 2002*
My mistake.
>>
>>73627661
He will release his Magnum opus soon just be patient
>>
He probably just makes sound collages all day of eastern European folk music and porks his trust fund wife while listening to Zizek lectures.
>>
Does he even have a job?
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-06-28 12.55.16.png (380KB, 515x481px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-06-28 12.55.16.png
380KB, 515x481px
>>73627661
>I realize some say this is OTC, but I'm pretty confident it's related to NMH
Can you even imagine how wrong you are?
>>
>>73627810
I doubt he needs one. From Spotify royalties on their top 5 songs alone, NMH has made hundreds of thousands of dollars. This, coupled with their touring and ITAOTS being one of the most bought vinyls yearly probably sustains him. His wife also has an income.
>>
It's interesting that you bring up OTC because wasn't their new album close to being finished? They only postponed it because Bill Doss died. I can see Will getting Jeff and other E6 guys to help finish it if he intends to do so.
>>
>>73627859
See >>73627832
They finished it last week apparently.
>>
File: 436447.jpg (39KB, 492x388px) Image search: [Google]
436447.jpg
39KB, 492x388px
>>73627856
>From Spotify royalties on their top 5 songs alone, NMH has made hundreds of thousands of dollars.
>>
>>73627661
>whereas OTC never left
They broke up in 2000 and reunited later
>>
>>73627661
worry not OP, Jeff cares a lot about his legacy, he knows people are hyped about his music, which is exactly what he wanted

i think it was Laura Carter who said he wanted to disappear for a long time and come back big, as far as i know he used to browse the internet a lot, don't know about now, last thing i heard about him is that he was hiking somewhere, i think it was Europe

he knows people are hungry for his music, and he's definitely gonna release music, what kind of music i don't know, maybe more traditional songs like Little Birds or the songs from FWOF? another rock album like OAI/ITAOTS? sound collages like "To Animate the Body...etc etc"? or that weird "album about a horse's life and his interaction with the other animals on the farm" he mentioned once?

he's a very interesting guy and has a very peculiar point of view about music and creating something unique, i've followed Jeff's every musical step, his collaboration with Tall Dwarfs and other obscure albums as Korena Pang and his WFMU shows, he's got an amazing repertoir of influences

i don't know what it's gonna happen, it may be the last piece of music we hear from him until he dies and other people start digging his house to make some money out of his recordings

all i know is it's gonna be something big, i trust him
>>
>>73627794
*Mangum opus*
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.