[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone who is not an edgy contrarian even like this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Danse_Manatee_(Front_Cover).png (81KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Danse_Manatee_(Front_Cover).png
81KB, 316x316px
Does anyone who is not an edgy contrarian even like this piece of shit?
>>
>>73626379
Yeah, I genuinely don't get what people think's wrong with it.
>>
>>73626397
Maybe the fact that it sounds like shit because three kids fucking around with percussion and shit is not good experimentation.
It can be but this definitely isnt.

Pretty much if you take everything good out of Spirits They've Gone and amplified those shitty elements you get Danse Manatee
>>
>>73626397
It's like STGSTV, but without the great songwriting and with a lot of misguided experiments instead.
>>
>>73626397
this, I've got to imagine the people who trash this album also aren't fans of the bands recent material while praising stuff like MPP or Feels.
in other words, they either consciously or subconsciously allow music critics to dictate their tastes.
>>
>>73626871
You are the definiton of a contrarian.
>>
>>73626379
its their second worst, but it still isnt THAT bad, but it is bad
>>
>>73626546
STGSTV consists of rigidly structured songs and DM is mostly the opposite. Apples and oranges
>>
>>73627438
I'm not saying it's their best album, it's certainly one of their worst but I think people who call it bad are really over exaggerating because that's the general "reputation" it has I guess.
>>
>>73626379
It's not bad it's just pretty bland
>>
STGSTV > Strawberry Jam > Sung Tongs > Centipede HZ > Feels > HCTI > MPP > Painting With > Campfire Songs > Danse Manatee
>>
it's a grower
>>
>>73627759
In the trash LOL
>>
>>73626379
I don't feel like I'm 'Edgy' but it's okay. It's one of their worst for sure, but I like it better than Painting With.
If you aren't already pretty into the band I can see why it would seem shitty.
>>
All the good material from this era went to Hollinndagain
>>
I like it. It's not one of their better albums though. Better than Strawberry Jam and Centipede Hz though.
>>
>ywn watch anco play danse manatee hits on the floor of a church basement in houston

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Gx6_gCzy7LY
>>
>>73627438
And you are the definition of a needle drop loving Reddit teenager who tells people he's into music because he was told by pitchfork Radiohead and death grips are good

Goodbye, I don't speak to plebs
>>
>>73629357
seeya tomorrow!
>>
>>73626379
This is the good version of Spirit They've Vanished
>>
File: 1442296735855.jpg (249KB, 1059x1410px) Image search: [Google]
1442296735855.jpg
249KB, 1059x1410px
In the Singing Box is one of their best songs. It's one of the more traditional sounding songs on the album too and I think a lot of people haven't heard it just because it is the last song on the album.
>>
>>73629300
good, sounds like shit
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.