[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So are you a song guy, an album guy, or a discography guy? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0734.jpg (25KB, 202x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0734.jpg
25KB, 202x200px
So are you a song guy, an album guy, or a discography guy?

I like albums (pic related, it's the only Steven Wilson I listen to)
>>
>>73616954
albums > discographies > songs

the best albums are the ones that are sequenced purposefully, where every single track adds something to the overall experience

there aren't too many bands that i've bothered to check out their complete discog although it's admittedly nice when a band only has 1-2 releases to their name
>>
>>73616954
Depends on what you mean by discography, senpai. Just listening to a band's material all spread out, or going through every last thing?

Also the title track of album is the honestly the best modern prog track I've ever heard.
>>
>>73617088
OP here, I agree that the best albums are sequenced. I get really disappointed when a good band puts out an unsequenced or unthemed album. That's the only time I listen to individual tracks is when I find an artist that's good but doesn't know how to make a real album to save their soul
>>
>>73617402
All spread out
>>
>>73616954
I get most my music off youtube and most of it is symphonies and other pieces of classical music that are usually 20+ minutes long. Albums are more a thing with popular music due to the short length of songs. Artists are also more of a thing with popular music, in classical it's more about the composer, even though musicians and conductors are mentioned, but they're not as much in focus as the members of a band in popular music.
>>
I don't see how one could just be one of those.

Some bands have good discographies all the way through. Some bands only have a handful of good albums. Some bands only manage to make a few good songs.
>>
File: covercover.jpg (1017KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
covercover.jpg
1017KB, 3000x3000px
Im a mixtape guy

https://soundcloud.com/freddie-floyd/sets/no-parking-full-album
>>
>>73617526
>I get most my music off youtube and most of it is symphonies and other pieces of classical music that are usually 20+ minutes long.
I bet your favorite piece is some meme shit like Swan Lake or Four Seasons.
Performers are more important than you give them credit for.
>>
>>73618359
I just said they're not as much in focus as the members of a band in popular music, because they didn't compose the music themselves, asshole.
>>
>>73616954
Definitely an album guy. Regardless of whether or not you believe artists intentionally create a sound or a theme through their albums, they end up doing it unintentionally. Maybe artists pick their song order at random, or maybe it's a little less than random. Maybe they don't entirely realize it, but it's a thing.

I listen to probably 70% of music by listening to the entire album, and I feel like it's worth it, just for the snapshot of the artist.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.